18:10, Sun 10 Dec
Tam
Tam
The next couple of games really are important for him, but I think that Stoke will be the critical one if don't pick up any points from the next two. I don't necessarily mean critical from a pure 'points' point of view, but from the fans turning on him. I really do feel sorry for him in as much as his arrival was greeted with anger from any, and at best indifference from most. I don't think that he stands much of a chance with the fans unless we really do go on a bloody good run, or make some brilliant signings in the window.

Unless that happens, I think he'll always be on a knife edge with the Blues fanbase.

Although Rooney has had some difficult games, he has also had games which we should have won or got something out of. He is paying the price of that failure, no games are a free hit to experiment on systems
09:53, Mon 11 Dec
Nikola Zigic
He's effed here mate, it's not going to happen.

You may be right Guv.
I'm hoping that we see some acknowledgement, statement from the owners or Garry Cook over the next day or two. Seems laughable maybe but is it time for the dreaded vote of confidence
Heads in the sand ain't gonna help the mood of lots of Blues.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:58, Mon 11 Dec
Robert Hopkins
i said on another Rooney is really not equipped to deal with the situation we are in - He spent his playing career with world class players who were clear winenrs. When he was at Derby there was a natural seige mentality, and no expectation of success. So, to answer your question, i don't he will be here long enough to be able to learn what he needs to.

" siege mentality " is a good point.
Just don't see enough bottle in our squad to build one. Ain't sure I'd like to be in the trenches with some of 'em.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
13:34, Mon 11 Dec
Another no show at Cardiff and Leicester could be absolutely anything. If you haven’t got 11 with professional pride you’re in big trouble
Tony Fantastico
13:37, Mon 11 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Another no show at Cardiff and Leicester could be absolutely anything. If you haven’t got 11 with professional pride you’re in big trouble

This is spot on. I struggle to understand why the loss of JE and introduction of WR has caused our team to fall off a cliff.

They're professional footballers and know this sort of thing goes on. Always has. Always will.
13:38, Mon 11 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt

Could tell Friday they want him gone.
13:44, Mon 11 Dec
Because he’s telling them to play a style of football totally different to the one they had drilled in to them over the summer and some even before that.

He’s publicly having a go at them too.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:50, Mon 11 Dec
BlueStorm
Rab C Nesbitt

This is spot on. I struggle to understand why the loss of JE and introduction of WR has caused our team to fall off a cliff.

They're professional footballers and know this sort of thing goes on. Always has. Always will.

Sure but to add some balance, we're not the first team to be in a situation like this and we certainly won't be the last. There are countless examples of teams who have gone from looking awful to brilliant instantly (and vice versa) with a change of manager.

Footballers are humans - they can put in 100% effort but if they're lacking confidence, they're not happy and they don't believe in what they're being asked to do, you'll see results like we've seen recently.
13:53, Mon 11 Dec
The change of style isn’t that uncommon and certainly isn’t alien to plenty of them. Bielik especially, which doesn’t do his attitude on Friday any favours at all. I hope he’s embarrassed by pundits calling him out
Tony Fantastico
13:54, Mon 11 Dec
Petebaldwin
BlueStorm
Rab C Nesbitt

Sure but to add some balance, we're not the first team to be in a situation like this and we certainly won't be the last. There are countless examples of teams who have gone from looking awful to brilliant instantly (and vice versa) with a change of manager.

Footballers are humans - they can put in 100% effort but if they're lacking confidence, they're not happy and they don't believe in what they're being asked to do, you'll see results like we've seen recently.
absolutely. Not putting in 100% is on them though
Tony Fantastico
14:08, Mon 11 Dec
Definitely but if you think about your own career, the same would apply. If you've got a good manger who looks after you, you all work hard as a team and you get good results, it encourages you to keep working hard. It becomes much easier to give 100% because you believe in what you're doing and you know your hard work means something.

If the manager is replaced by someone who changes everything, criticises you and results immediately plummet, things become more difficult. You might not quite feel up to it one day but do you push through that and still give it everything when you know the results will be poor anyway? If the manager says "I need volunteers for overtime" and you know it's only required because of bad decisions they have made that have slowed everyone down, would you feel as keen to volunteer as you would have otherwise?

I don't think we're talking about players giving 100% vs players giving 70%.... It's more like 100% vs 99%. It's that tiny extra little bit at the end that only comes from being confident, happy, motivated and believing in what you are doing.
14:12, Mon 11 Dec
I get that. Good analogy. But Bielik got nowhere near 99% effort on Friday. It was scary really to see how life’s effs he gave. The fact he thought he’d be able to without being called out by team mates never mind management team is another issue entirely
Tony Fantastico
14:16, Mon 11 Dec
I think even 50% effort for bielik on Friday would have been generous. He was absolutely woeful.
14:23, Mon 11 Dec
Petebaldwin
Definitely but if you think about your own career, the same would apply. If you've got a good manger who looks after you, you all work hard as a team and you get good results, it encourages you to keep working hard. It becomes much easier to give 100% because you believe in what you're doing and you know your hard work means something.

If the manager is replaced by someone who changes everything, criticises you and results immediately plummet, things become more difficult. You might not quite feel up to it one day but do you push through that and still give it everything when you know the results will be poor anyway? If the manager says "I need volunteers for overtime" and you know it's only required because of bad decisions they have made that have slowed everyone down, would you feel as keen to volunteer as you would have otherwise?

I don't think we're talking about players giving 100% vs players giving 70%.... It's more like 100% vs 99%. It's that tiny extra little bit at the end that only comes from being confident, happy, motivated and believing in what you are doing.

This 100%
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:29, Mon 11 Dec
Petebaldwin

This 100%

[www.smallheathalliance.com]