09:49, Sat 16 Dec
Not to everyone - particularly ones who don’t subscribe to the channels where most live sport is now shown.

There is room for both if done properly.
10:18, Sat 16 Dec
TV is killing itself. Too many channels far too many subscription only options out there.

We managed fine with just 3 then 5 free to air tv options.

When I went to school or work you could often chat about last nights tv knowing most of your mates would have been watching.

TV now has just polarised everyone. All that was needed was a couple of sports channels adding and that would have been enough. Now we have hundreds of tv options mostly showing utter sh1te.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
12:10, Sat 16 Dec
Sue Barker behaving like she was 15 was embarrassing. Nothing woke or anything else, it just got very tired.
12:35, Sat 16 Dec
Shame was good many years ago

They think it’s all over was the better show tbf
12:40, Sat 16 Dec
Wired and teary
Meadey
Classic case of ‘. If it ain’t broke , don’t fix it ‘

Or, "if it ain't woke, go and fix it"

Oh dear
12:42, Sat 16 Dec
Tilton shark
TV is killing itself. Too many channels far too many subscription only options out there.

When I went to school or work you could often chat about last nights tv knowing most of your mates would have been watching.

TV now has just polarised everyone. All that was needed was a couple of sports channels adding and that would have been enough. Now we have hundreds of tv options mostly showing utter sh1te.

Talk to people in younger generations they don’t watch TV any more. It’s all about on demand stuff like Netflix or user generated content like YouTube or Twitch.
13:21, Sat 16 Dec
Shame really,i wouldn't have called it a sports show. It was an entertainment show. It was still getting good viewing figures until,Barker,Tufnell and Dawson got the boot for reasons which had nothing to do with the figures or popularity of the programme. Sky did the same, when they axed the panel on Soccer Saturday the programme was never the same.
14:49, Sat 16 Dec
Quite what is now woke about a show that used to have a female presenter and regular female guests, I'm really not sure.
The cold never bothered me anyway
14:51, Sat 16 Dec
Wired and teary
Meadey

Lolll if the original was brought out today you’d be moaning that the host was a woman

But yeah they went woke by making *checks notes* Paddy McGuiness host
Happy Clapper
15:39, Sat 16 Dec
Le Mod
Wired and teary
Meadey

Lolll if the original was brought out today you’d be moaning that the host was a woman

Paddy is not even funny, lives off his crap from Peter kay
15:58, Sat 16 Dec
gerry1875
Le Mod
Wired and teary
Meadey

No Likey Gerry?
16:07, Sat 16 Dec
Tilton shark

TV is repsonding to the changes demands of its audience. If people didn't want lots of choice and stuff on demand, Sky and Youtube wouldn't exist.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
16:14, Sat 16 Dec
TaylorJay84
gerry1875
Le Mod
Wired and teary
Meadey

No Likey Gerry?
No mate, that programme about the dating he done was rubbish too, Mcguiness is about as funny of a case of severe piles
16:22, Sat 16 Dec
gerry1875
TaylorJay84
gerry1875
Le Mod
Wired and teary
Meadey

No Likey Gerry?
No mate, that programme about the dating he done was rubbish too, Mcguiness is about as funny of a case of severe piles

😂 yeah not a fan myself!
He’s of the Vernon Kay not very funny northern comic circle for me.
19:04, Sat 16 Dec
Robert Hopkins
Tilton shark

TV is repsonding to the changes demands of its audience. If people didn't want lots of choice and stuff on demand, Sky and Youtube wouldn't exist.

If there was only 3 - 5 channels then people would watch those channels like we managed with perfectly well for many years.
Now we have Sky, Virgin,BT, Netflix, Paramount, Disney etc etc etc all with subscription.
Way too many and for some way too expensive to have subscriptions and these companies want people to think they need them when really we don't.

How on earth do people find the time to watch all of this output, I have sky and probably watch only a few of the hundreds of options they have as most of it is utter crap. If Sky did not have the football then I would be perfectly happy with free to view stuff.

As for social media well that is another story.

Give me a beer some classic John sulliven, croft & perry, Clement & Le Frenais output and that would be a perfect Christmas.

How much worse would things be if there were only a few channels and no social media.
Turn left when you get on a plane.