Bordesley not Small Heath
bluer than blues
bluearmyfaction
It does have the depressing air of 1980-81 about it. The one effing season hitherto-dominant teams decide to take a year out and the beneficiaries are not a team that's been close in the previous seasons but a team with an astounding run of luck.

It's getting effing annoying. But Liverpool and Arsenal are there and Man City can and do turn it on in the second half, so the top teams haven't had a year out. I think once the conference league games ramp up, their small squad will struggle. But it's ridiculous what they're doing right now.

They've been using pretty much 2nd string sides in Europe so the extra games are not really affecting their 1st team. Isn't the conference league just last 16 knockout know so potentially only 4 games left for them to play in Europe?

2 legs so 8 games played over 2 months. Plus PL games. Plus FA cup. The run in will find them out.
18:21, Sun 17 Dec
roger hynd
A very average Liverpool pool side compared to years gone by.
Citeh the same without De Bruyne.
Arsenal perrenial bottlers.

It's villas to lose

For the love of god.
18:25, Sun 17 Dec
Seen better over the park than that crap in Scouseland
Tony Fantastico
18:29, Sun 17 Dec
Yeah proper shite that was.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:45, Sun 17 Dec
Gonna have to emigrate if those fannys win the league
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
19:14, Sun 17 Dec
I can't help but think that Rashford is going to end up a wasted talent by staying at Man U. He needs to be somewhere without the constant upheaval.
19:25, Sun 17 Dec
This is the problem when Sky start hyping the fixture at the beginning of December.

I'm sure I fell asleep a couple of time watching.
19:36, Sun 17 Dec
roger hynd
A very average Liverpool pool side compared to years gone by.
Citeh the same without De Bruyne.
Arsenal perrenial bottlers.

It's villas to lose

Get a grip of yourself man!
Up the feckin Blues
19:39, Sun 17 Dec
It was an awful game, I know Manchester United aren't great these days, but I think that is the first time I've seen them basically put 10 men behind the ball and hope for a draw.

Liverpool turned up expecting to win but didn't do enough too.

And anybody who thinks villa are not in the title race really need to think again, they have won more top-flight league games in 2023 than in any other year in their history. Hopefully they will fall away but I don't expect them to unfortunately.
19:49, Sun 17 Dec
They're definitely in it at the moment.

But "it's theirs to lose" is daft.
19:51, Sun 17 Dec
They’ve been very lucky with injuries and the ones they’ve got have benefited them. Mings especially. They’re very good and bastards. But will not win it
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
They’ve been very lucky with injuries and the ones they’ve got have benefited them. Mings especially. They’re very good and bastards. But will not win it

This - their luck has been incredible. It won't last.
Up the feckin Blues
19:54, Sun 17 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt

You'll do for me
19:59, Sun 17 Dec
It’s depressing as hell either way just them being in the top 4, and competing at the top. Even worse when we’re their biggest rivals, and we’re stuck in the lower half of the championship. The days when we got promoted first time, and had that brilliant record over them seems like an eternity ago now.
20:08, Sun 17 Dec
Bluesince62
Rab C Nesbitt

This - their luck has been incredible. It won't last.

I'm on the wind up BTW hopefully!!
But I remember em winning it in 81 and being jammy with injuries..
Only used a total of 13 players all season iirc