13:47, Mon 18 Dec
They did it as a loss leader (it worked out to approx 2 quid per seat). If you pay 40 quid a seat then there's much less cash in the wallet to spaff in the club shop.

[swissramble.substack.com]

You would have to compare 19-20 results (pre lock down) for a fairer representation of whether the revenues went up or down.

They hadn't been in the prem for 2 decades, having a near full stadium didn't hinder their prospects for promotion. A big, partisan crowd can influence the results in your favor.
13:52, Mon 18 Dec
They probably knew they would be safe from FFP. But lets say we have 10,000 season ticket holders now take £300 off the ST price that costs us £3M. But lets say you get 5,000 extra fans buying ST's and thats £500,000 income back. You then need to get those 5,000 extra fans to spend £13 or all 15,000 £4 each at each game and you are back where you started. Very simple maths, as yes some of those 5,000 would have bought match tickets and you need to buy whatever you are selling them. But, its not beyond the realms of possibility.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:27, Mon 18 Dec
Forest were still charging 300-400 quid for standard adult season tickets, so the revenue didn't drop off to such an extent. The family special, 100 quid offer brought in an additional few thousand supporters, each season, on top of the existing support base.

They only did it for 2-3 seasons, until the ground filled up. Once you hook them in its easier to sell a dearer ST, down the line.
14:44, Mon 18 Dec
[www.google.com]

Clever Greeks. They carried losses of 400 k per week, for 5 years before they hit the prem pay dirt. I hope Knighthead understand what they're letting themselves in for.

The forest model is one to follow, but it requires steel balls and lots of patience. Here's more on their pre lockdown finances.

[gameofthepeople.com]#

On the commercial front, Forest’s income dropped by 4% to £ 8.1 million, but looking closer at the figures, their sponsorship and advertising increased by 17.6% to £ 2.1 million. There was a blow for the club on the day they announced their figures for 2019-20 when shirt sponsor Football Index’s platform was suspended and they went into administration. Forest have already removed the company’s name from their strip.

Matchday income for 2019-20 was down by only 4% to £ 7.4 million, but the full impact of the pandemic will be felt in the 2020-21 accounts. Broadcasting revenues totalling £ 10.2 million, up from £ 9.2 million (+4.2%), was a little surprising in the circumstances.

Public support for Forest is good and before the closing of stadiums, crowds were healthy and season ticket sales were above 20,000
KES
14:51, Mon 18 Dec
El Mayor
CVBlue19
Our ticket sales are a total let to our new owners.

They have invested a mega amount of money to get our ground open and for what reason.

We desperately need to improve our ticket sales at St Andrews.

We are not anywhere near a big club in support terms.

Been done a million times.

Tickets are expensive and it's close to Christmas; people won't spend money they're not sure they have on a team they're not sure will play good football.

Season ticket sales are the big decider on constant decent crowds.

Not sure what happened this Summer but we only sold about 12,000 which is poor. The club need to be selling upwards of 17,000 season tickets.

There’s a large amount of fans that just aren’t arsed. No amount of fireworks will change that.

A good team consistently looking up the table will change that.

Maybe they should start putting the building blocks in place for next summer now. Early bird offers for the fans that already have season tickets and some incentives for non season ticket holders to get them.

There’s about 5,000 that are there but need tempting
15:22, Mon 18 Dec
Zublue
Hence why Birmingham is full of Liverpool, Man Utd, etc ‘supporters’.

Is it? I haven't been back for several years but I don't recall ever really seeing any evidence of this.
16:49, Mon 18 Dec
KES
Agree with that i'm one of the 5000 who could be tempted.

Whilst the club recruited in the summer it's been a mixed bag and form has been poor imo pre and post manager change. The stadium improvements are great but it's the pitch which will make the difference.

I know loads of Blues who go occasionally and it's not unusual for them to be switched off from going again by performances when they do go.

I'll continue to go to 5-10 home games a season until i can see progress on the pitch.

On a separate matter I agree with other posters comments re parking where i would not consider driving in these days (I also like a drink), buses are a fair walk for us old folks and Bordesley station which i could use has been closed after match for a number of games i have been to this year. Transportation sucks (Rant Over).
mad
17:44, Mon 18 Dec
KES
Yes I think one factor in the poor uptake last summer may have been how short the off season was given the world cup took place in winter meaning less time to sell season tickets also the ownership situation and the stadium refurb dragging on early this year.

Hopefully we will know fairly soonish by about March at least that we're not going down or up so can push season tickets for the following year like other clubs seem to do. We're traditionally pretty late in general same as with getting next season's kit out for sale hopefully this lot will rectify all that

Remember when Charlton did that gimmicky "buy a seasons ticket and if we are promoted you will get next year's free"??? I think something along those lines could work obviously it kicks a potential can down the road but they could then sell all sorts of add on's very early if we did miraculously get promoted in 2025
17:57, Mon 18 Dec
GBlue
Basically blame BCC who no longer want cars in the city but have not put in proper
Public Transport infrastructure to replace them.

The Permit parking is brainless, there are no Houses or Business's there so whose
going to buy a permit. If it was pay and display we could park there and the Council
could make money.

Morons

They are just disinterested or thick as pig shit.
CORRECTION !!
They are both.

Not fit for purpose !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )