21:49, Tue 19 Dec
Rags
I think you missed the point of a forum.

I think we should build the forum round Llanon_joe

👍💪
21:50, Tue 19 Dec
Rags
effaduck there are some mad ones on here 😂😂

The kid played well in a game we lost. He looks ok generally, in a pretty poor outfit in all honesty. Why are we building (or not building, depending on your unnecessarily black or white opinion) a team around any one player? Build a team.

It honestly confuses me

I was beginning to think it was just me! I'd given up all hope
22:31, Tue 19 Dec
It’s not that deep.

James is bar far our most comfortable midfielder on the ball, everything good about our attacking play goes through the lad and he’s only going to get better.

Build the team around him, make it so he’s not constantly tracking back, make sure the majority of our play goes through him.

The comparison in terms of building a team round someone at this level is greasy. Bacon face understood he was the key and so he told him to not constantly track back and every bit of play went through him.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:34, Tue 19 Dec
Make sure the majority of our play goes through him?? Really??
22:38, Tue 19 Dec
It seems quite a sensible idea to make sure your best midfielder is involved in the majority of your play.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Rab C Nesbitt
Real Madrid will build theirs around Jude

Yep and with the best will in the world, JJ ain't Jude.
Loving JJs development, but we haven't got anyone you'd 'build a team around' at the club.
Hopefully JJ can be a big part of a bright future for us though.
Up the feckin Blues
06:59, Wed 20 Dec
Rags

👍💪

I think that too. Joe is up there with the greats. Barcelona would definitely build their message boards around him.
09:25, Wed 20 Dec
Super Hans
It seems quite a sensible idea to make sure your best midfielder is involved in the majority of your play.

I completely disagree. Having one player involved in the majority of your play is a very risky thing to do even if they are absolutely heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of creative ability and a stand out talent which, with all due respect to him as a handy player, he certainly is not. A far more sustainable and resilient thing to do is have a team structure that is able to attack through a number of different approaches, and not susceptible to being dealt with by shutting down one player. It’s the opposite of sensible.
10:07, Wed 20 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Rags

👍💪

I think that too. Joe is up there with the greats. Barcelona would definitely build their message boards around him.

Now I'm getting a strong whiff of sarcasm.... But I like it
10:13, Wed 20 Dec
Miss World
Super Hans

I completely disagree. Having one player involved in the majority of your play is a very risky thing to do even if they are absolutely heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of creative ability and a stand out talent which, with all due respect to him as a handy player, he certainly is not. A far more sustainable and resilient thing to do is have a team structure that is able to attack through a number of different approaches, and not susceptible to being dealt with by shutting down one player. It’s the opposite of sensible.

I wouldn't even 100% say he's our best midfielder. Like I've said I really like him, but let's face it, he's just on a good run of form and looks very comfortable playing at this level. We don't need to then dump all this pressure on him that most our play goes through him. I mentioned that 'what if he was to get injured?' what happens then and I was told that is very pessimistic and not exactly following the NO FEAR football. 🤯🤯🤯
12:10, Wed 20 Dec
That’s because people are arguing the extremes rather than debating the middle ground where most of our opinions actually sit. It keeps everyone entertained.
13:14, Wed 20 Dec
Llanon_joe
Miss World
Super Hans

I wouldn't even 100% say he's our best midfielder. Like I've said I really like him, but let's face it, he's just on a good run of form and looks very comfortable playing at this level. We don't need to then dump all this pressure on him that most our play goes through him. I mentioned that 'what if he was to get injured?' what happens then and I was told that is very pessimistic and not exactly following the NO FEAR football. 🤯🤯🤯

Who would you build the team around then?