15:43, Tue 19 Dec
Under Eustace, we set the team up in a way that left James without a clear position. He got used on the wing several times just to get him in the squad.

Building a team around him means we start with making sure he can do what he’s best at. Everyone else slots in around that.
15:44, Tue 19 Dec

They’re saying it because they’re seeing it and it’s working so, logically, if we build (ie train/select/play/recruit) with his best attributes in mind he, and we as a team, will be better
15:47, Tue 19 Dec
Petebaldwin
Under Eustace, we set the team up in a way that left James without a clear position. He got used on the wing several times just to get him in the squad.

Building a team around him means we start with making sure he can do what he’s best at. Everyone else slots in around that.

👍

He’s our best midfielder, if he’s still here next season you want to get the best out of him.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:49, Tue 19 Dec
Super Hans
Petebaldwin

👍

He’s our best midfielder, if he’s still here next season you want to get the best out of him.

Surly you would want that for every player you want for the next season? Even the ones you don't want, we should still try and get the best out of them.
15:56, Tue 19 Dec
Petebaldwin

Yep, I think he could have played the Beilik role but it would have limited him. I think he could have played the number 10 role that Jude is playing at Madrid. Not a traditional number 10 by any means, but just a goalscoring machine - I think James could have replicated that. But a midfielder in a 4-3-3 is clearly were he excels
15:58, Tue 19 Dec
Llanon_joe
Super Hans
Petebaldwin

👍

Surly you would want that for every player you want for the next season? Even the ones you don't want, we should still try and get the best out of them.

Rude calling him surly 😁
16:19, Tue 19 Dec

You could sat about any player. I say eff The Welshman, build a team around Buchanan by making sure he can do what he’s best at. No,sod it, build the team around Bacuna. Actually, let’s make sure Sanderson can do what he’s best at and build a team around him.

Feck it, let’s sign a hippo and build a team around him.
16:44, Tue 19 Dec

You could sat about any player. I say eff The Welshman, build a team around Buchanan by making sure he can do what he’s best at. No,sod it, build the team around Bacuna. Actually, let’s make sure Sanderson can do what he’s best at and build a team around him.

Hippos can run but they’ve got no final ball. We’ve already got Oli Burke for that.
16:51, Tue 19 Dec
Garry Cook employed a hippo, and he's building the team.
16:58, Tue 19 Dec
Llanon_joe
Super Hans
Petebaldwin

👍

You want to try and get the best out of everyone, yeah. It’s not a case of sort James out and eff everyone else off.

Most of our good play recently has involved James so we need to make sure he’s getting the ball at the right time and that players are making good runs when he has it. We can only get the best out of our attacking players if they’re receiving the ball with space to attack and James is an important part of making that happen.
17:04, Tue 19 Dec
Tha Project OBE

Yeah Barcelona could have effed off Messi and built their team around their keeper but generally, you want to try and help your most effective players do their thing. James has been involved in almost everything good we’ve done recently in an attacking sense.
17:15, Tue 19 Dec
Yes coz I said Barcelona should have effed off Messi. Great point. Ya got me there.
20:59, Tue 19 Dec
I think you missed the point of a forum.

I think we should build the forum round Llanon_joe
21:12, Tue 19 Dec
effaduck there are some mad ones on here 😂😂

The kid played well in a game we lost. He looks ok generally, in a pretty poor outfit in all honesty. Why are we building (or not building, depending on your unnecessarily black or white opinion) a team around any one player? Build a team.
21:45, Tue 19 Dec
effaduck there are some mad ones on here 😂😂

The kid played well in a game we lost. He looks ok generally, in a pretty poor outfit in all honesty. Why are we building (or not building, depending on your unnecessarily black or white opinion) a team around any one player? Build a team.

It honestly confuses me