13:49, Tue 19 Dec
Can we please stop saying this about players that are doing well. What's the obsession with people saying it? I counted about 4 people saying it in the JJ post. Last season it was build around Hall (that would of worked out well). Just let these young footballers develop naturally. I love James just as much as the next fan but let's chill out a bit please.

Do top teams still build teams around a good player anymore? Surly that died as soon messi left barcalona.
13:51, Tue 19 Dec
Real Madrid will build theirs around Jude
Tony Fantastico
13:51, Tue 19 Dec
I hope we build the team around him though in all honesty.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:53, Tue 19 Dec
Yeah. Better than building it round Hogan and Juke
Tony Fantastico
13:53, Tue 19 Dec
I don't even know what it means.
13:54, Tue 19 Dec
We should build a pool hall around Stechy Blue
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:01, Tue 19 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Yeah. Better than building it round Hogan and Juke

I got carried away once with Hogan and thought he was gonna score a shed load, not once did I think we should build a team around him. Also will Madrid build around Bellingham OR is he just playing because he's their best player? You can just call for JJ to be a starter without suggesting 'build around him'.

Like OBE said, what does it even mean?
14:10, Tue 19 Dec
What did you ever see in Hogan that suggested he was gonna score a hatful? I’m an absolutely staggered by that. Genuine question, as I appreciate your opinion.
14:11, Tue 19 Dec
it means that we built our team around Juke when he could run, the tactics were to suit him. high balls into box which he generally tended to put in the box. When he stopped being able to run we carried pinging in to Hogan and he didn't score for some reason
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Dan
14:13, Tue 19 Dec
Redditch Blue
What did you ever see in Hogan that suggested he was gonna score a hatful? I’m an absolutely staggered by that. Genuine question, as I appreciate your opinion.

He had a very good spell when he first came in, scored 7 in his first 8 I think.
14:17, Tue 19 Dec
Llanon_joe
Can we please stop saying this about players that are doing well. What's the obsession with people saying it? I counted about 4 people saying it in the JJ post. Last season it was build around Hall (that would of worked out well). Just let these young footballers develop naturally. I love James just as much as the next fan but let's chill out a bit please.

Do top teams still build teams around a good player anymore? Surly that died as soon messi left barcalona.

I think all teams still do, if it you mean it the way I think of it.

I take it to mean having one or two players that a team recognises as their premier talent and setting up, and recruiting, in such a way as to maximise what they can do. It can be less obvious at the very top teams as they have often collected more of the very best players together. Man City changed their style of play to get the maximum from Haaland - reduced the call on their striker to be an all round player and increased the number of crosses they get into the box for him. Real seem in a similar position with Bellingham - they're playing him, and setting up around him, in a way that is intended to maximise his ability rather than him just slotting into how they played before his arrival.
14:24, Tue 19 Dec
Redditch Blue

I'm pretty sure it was after his hat trick against west brom
14:36, Tue 19 Dec
Ok. Just tell us what we can say Joe.
14:38, Tue 19 Dec
I think you missed the point of a forum.
14:45, Tue 19 Dec

They’re saying it because they’re seeing it and it’s working so, logically, if we build (ie train/select/play/recruit) with his best attributes in mind he, and we as a team, will be better. You think Rooney should bench him and bring him on as a number 8 late on until he “develops”?