10:25, Wed 20 Dec
HackneyBlue
plus its voted for entirely by the public right?

no, only woke people are allowed to vote, they check via your mobile as to whether you like LBGT stuff or whether you voted brexit or not before they count your vote
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
HackneyBlue
Thought so,

Not sure what people are moaning about then, if the public voted for Earps then she deserves it.

Was a pretty slim pickings year for sporting achievements all round though

I think her lack of achievement is probably the issue. A team member of a team that lost in a final
verses an indivudal, katarina johnson-thompson, who won something in a tough sport
10:39, Wed 20 Dec
Congrats to her. I’d hoped broad would win it as he deserves an awful lot of recognition, something Anderson had overshadowed him with

He is quite a cool guy too but I get cricket isn’t as popular with the masses

Earps seems a good lass, quite funny when on a league of their own. Good keeper in the woman’s game. Fair play to her
Yea thats fair, but its also a public vote popularity contest so never quite works out as always going to the best achievement
10:49, Wed 20 Dec
Selfishly i wanted Broad too but 2 drawn test series is probably quite hard to argue, but yea cricket just isnt that popular and mostly behind a paywall

Having said that if Manchester had stayed dry that weekend in July then Stokes or Broad would have been a shoo in
10:49, Wed 20 Dec
Yep, effing Manchester
12:03, Wed 20 Dec
Our friend Joey is back on form. Congratulated her yesterday, then must have decided to sleep on it and now calling her a sack of potatoes.

I'm guessing early retirement isn't getting any easier in the Barton household.
12:22, Wed 20 Dec
My Blue Heaven
Yep, effing Manchester

Good vibrant city , shame it doesn’t have the Malverns blocking the path of bad weather like Edgbaston is rumoured to enjoy…
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
12:25, Wed 20 Dec
Charcy
bluearmyfaction
Red Bull (Milton Keynes-based) win every F1 GP but one, but the team of the year goes to Arab financial dopers?

Utter joke. BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation????

Assume Man City won it. They could win the quintuple at the weekend, it's a pretty good achievement.
There are 115 reasons why it is not.
15:33, Wed 20 Dec
Yeah he's an odd one for sure

[twitter.com]

BUT seems earlier today he also launched a podcast.....what a suprise
15:37, Wed 20 Dec
he announced it about 2 hours before starting his rant last week
Bordesley not Small Heath
HackneyBlue
Thought so,

Not sure what people are moaning about then, if the public voted for Earps then she deserves it.

Was a pretty slim pickings year for sporting achievements all round though

I think her lack of achievement is probably the issue. A team member of a team that lost in a final
verses an indivudal, katarina johnson-thompson, who won something in a tough sport

For some people probably, but already one person in this thread has brought up the subject of transgender when it has no relevance. I think we know why some other people don't like it.
21:02, Wed 20 Dec
Trophy for dropping an F bomb. How common
21:39, Wed 20 Dec
The Women's football team have been a pleasure to watch over the two tournaments and the team has many individual personalities who could have won - one of the reasons they did so well. Mary was a good choice.
Her dress sense is a little bit off though.
08:09, Thu 21 Dec
Chris
Sir Heisenberg
but the Women's football team once again engendered national interest in their sport, and Earps was the stand-out performer and she showed considerable personality too.

This just isn't true though, is it? Alex Greenwood was given best player by newspapers and Lauren Hemp was much more impactful. Earps became the face of the team because Nike didn't sell her shirts and because she did a bit of swearing in the final. If the personality bit is the most important, then fine, but then why do they try and laud their sporting achievements on the night rather than talk about their personality?

The shortlist on the whole was a shambles last night: retiring bloke who didn't win the Ashes; retiring bloke who changed his mind at the death and won as many races as would usually be expected; footballer wronged by commercial brand; golfer who hasn't won a major for a decade.

KJT becoming a world champ again, plus Alfie Hewett winning yet another major the only real deserving ones.
OK, my bad - I should have said "In my opinion Earps was the stand-out performer", just as you could have said "... in my opinion Lauren Hemp was much more impactful."

Anyway, the point is that TV polls are all about opinions, and they're really not worth getting upset about.