10:14, Wed 20 Dec
Yeah but until we have a viable alternative he's the best we've got there.

What we lose from playing him higher up is less than what we lose by starting Juke or Hogan up front.

If you know what I mean.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Considering how sought after he was in the summer by Championship clubs I'd be surprised we haven't had to pay a loan fee for him and on that basis don't both clubs have to agree to a termination if a fee is paid?
Charcy
theAtlas
I agree, after an excellent start hasn’t carried the same goal threat in last couple of months and substituted on a regular basis.

Work rate still phenomenal.

He needs to play in one of the positions behind where he's more effective. I've said this, and been right, since the original clamour. You lose too much of his game at the very front.

I agree, I said early in the season that it’s a big ask for a young lad of his physical stature to lead the line in this league. He’s actually done better than I thought he would up there and unfortunately is still a better option than anyone else we have fit.
10:21, Wed 20 Dec
Charcy
theAtlas
I agree, after an excellent start hasn’t carried the same goal threat in last couple of months and substituted on a regular basis.

He needs to play in one of the positions behind where he's more effective. I've said this, and been right, since the original clamour. You lose too much of his game at the very front.[/quote

He's said it himself he prefers the number 10 role. Problem is he's still better as a lone striker than anybody else we've got. If only Hogan.... If only!
10:26, Wed 20 Dec
Charcy
bruggeaway
But then who do you trust upfront?

That's the problem. We need to get somebody in January, even if they're just a stopgap loan until we can afford better in the summer.

Not getting another striker in the last summer transfer window was an problem, even with the departure of Cosgrove, we ended the transfer window with an striker short (even though Sam wasn't a good striker at the club)

Regardless of what'd happen to Jay, we need to get a striker. ATM we don't have a alternative to stansfield as the key striker

Juke: love the bloke, but he isn't fitted in Rooney's system and very mobile with his abilities, option at the bench
Hogan: frozen out of the club, hit and miss player, rumored to leave in January.
Roberts: only played two games, very injury prone, haven't made much game time to make an observation in the team so far.
Dixon: rated and doing well in the u21 squads, but apparently he has a attitude problem. Would like to see him somepoint in the future when he's ready, but if the club thought he was ready, he would have been in the squad some time ago.

I know we have to still with ffp, but if we don't address the striker issue with a short term solution for the remaining season, then it would be alarming for the Rooney's style of football that wants to be more attacking.
10:35, Wed 20 Dec
I’ve actually forgotten we have Tyler Roberts here
Tony Fantastico
Will be our worst signing of all time.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
So you weren’t right during the original clamour then, as playing Hogan/Juke makes us worse as a team.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:38, Wed 20 Dec
I don't think he is considered an out an out striker is he?
11:06, Wed 20 Dec
HackneyBlue
Possibly, but he chose us because it wasn’t too far away for him to visit home, ipswich would be a trek

Assuming his home/place is in London, not sure I agree that Ipswich is a trek. It's surely a comparable travelling time London to Birmingham as it is London to Ipswich?
11:08, Wed 20 Dec
I'd be gutted if we lost him.
I don't think he is considered an out an out striker is he?

Roughly one in six
Oh probably, i was thinking Exeter though which is possibly wrong
11:18, Wed 20 Dec
theAtlas

His best performances for us were under JE as a number 9 with Miyoshi behind him. Whenever he played in one of the 3 behind the striker he was less effective, but that could be down to having Scott Hogan as the 9.

Reality is, in this formation he either has to play as the central striker or possibly left of the 3. For me, he's a young Jamie Vardy - dynamic, aggressive, a pain in the arse for the defenders but most importantly, he's a lethal finisher
11:22, Wed 20 Dec
His family are in the south west.