16:31, Thu 21 Dec
1 quick centre back, 2 quick holding midfielders and a proper striker. I actually thought Sunjik look as slow as Bielik at times against Leicester.
17:24, Thu 21 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I don't think we need a RB cover, we've got two right backs. One of them is injury prone but one is usually pretty fit and available.

I'm not sure we need a keeper unless it's one we've identified for the summer that we can get early on loan- obligation to buy. We can muddle through with Ruddy if not.

We definitely, desperately, need a striker- just like we did when the window closed.

We also need an athletic and technical central midfielder and a pacey, aerially dominant centre half who is comfortable with the ball.

Neither of the above come remotely cheap enough for January.

Unless we can get a massive bargain then I would rather get a loan striker and get through to the summer and spend some proper money on a good one. I would hate to get something middle of the road that we have to have around for another three years.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
19:05, Thu 21 Dec
According to the Club Site Anderson and Roberts are both back training on the grass.Would be a bonus if we could get some game time out of one or both in the next few weeks.
19:32, Thu 21 Dec
Not a fan of that term back on the grass. Remember it being used by Eustace last season, and it always meant they were like a month away.
19:41, Thu 21 Dec
I agree. I was only using the term that was on the website
19:43, Thu 21 Dec
Charcy
Nikola Zigic
I don't think we need a RB cover, we've got two right backs. One of them is injury prone but one is usually pretty fit and available.

I'm not sure we need a keeper unless it's one we've identified for the summer that we can get early on loan- obligation to buy. We can muddle through with Ruddy if not.

We definitely, desperately, need a striker- just like we did when the window closed.

We also need an athletic and technical central midfielder and a pacey, aerially dominant centre half who is comfortable with the ball.

Neither of the above come remotely cheap enough for January.

Unless we can get a massive bargain then I would rather get a loan striker and get through to the summer and spend some proper money on a good one. I would hate to get something middle of the road that we have to have around for another three years.

I agree with you Charcy.

I’d be interested to see if we could get someone on a loan now obligated to buy in the summer - but they’d have to be absolutely right rather than just right now.