22:20, Tue 26 Dec
Brilliant, that would tee up a Zola return, superb master plan!!
22:24, Tue 26 Dec
NouCamp
All those managers out there

All those possibilities

The potential for Wagner and co to come up with a real high calibre appointment

and you're pinning for Gary effing Rowett

I genuinely dont understand the mindset 😂

You're not alone either... madness

You actually think a high calibre manager is going to come to 19th in the championship and you are calling rowett madness? really?

We would be lucky to get a solid championship manager. Take them every day of the week over the big name managers.
22:38, Tue 26 Dec
Obviously, yes
22:48, Tue 26 Dec
And while comments about the management are valid, a sharp focus has to be placed on most of the players themselves. If I were JJ I'd be going round he changing room rightly having a go at more 'senior' players.
22:51, Tue 26 Dec
Bluenose27
Shows how good our current manager is that people want rowett to come back. For what it’s worth, I don’t want him back, but he’d get us more organised and better defensively than we are atm.

Defensively great. What about attacking in a manner that gets you promoted?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:53, Tue 26 Dec
CastleBlue
Sunik
I don't get the vitriol. The only manager since Hughton to make us a decent side at this level.

I'd have him back tomorrow and especially over this fool.

I would crawl over broken glass for him to save me from watching us concede 3 goals a game.

The sheer lack of imagination of some people never ceases to amaze me
22:54, Tue 26 Dec
Rags
I know it’s been mentioned no end of times. Some look at it as a backwards step. I personally don’t, Rowett to take over from Wazza is a forwards step in my opinion.

Anyway - an old mate of mine, was in the old smoke a week or two back and completely randomly bumped into you guessed it - our old manager. A bit of small talk ensued and then my old mate made a comment along the lines of “maybe you should go back up there and show the current manager a thing or two”. Rowett’s response was if the job comes up and I’m asked, I’ll go back no problem. I did say to my pal though “yeah right until he starts pinging his CV around again”

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than see Rowett back

I’d rather clap with your shit in my hands than see GR back.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
23:08, Tue 26 Dec
El Mayor
CastleBlue
Sunik
I don't get the vitriol. The only manager since Hughton to make us a decent side at this level.

I'd have him back tomorrow and especially over this fool.

I would crawl over broken glass for him to save me from watching us concede 3 goals a game.

The sheer lack of imagination of some people never ceases to amaze me

You would find it hard to make an arguement that rowett wouldn't get more than 2 wins in 14.

Got an average millwall side near play offs. Imagine us being that high? Snap your hand off for it.

Instead we are 19th thinking we can do better than solid championship managers.

Mowbray would be my first choice.
23:10, Tue 26 Dec
People can knock Rowett all they want, which is fair enough, but if he came in tomorrow there’s absolutely no doubt we’d start to pick up significantly more points per game than what we are managing currently.

I think you could comfortably say that about Eustace. I think we would have more points than we do now. Easily.
23:13, Tue 26 Dec
I can’t disagree with that. We certainly wouldn’t be 6th (IMO) but we’d have probably won say 5 in 13 instead of 2.
23:46, Tue 26 Dec
NouCamp
All those managers out there

All those possibilities

The potential for Wagner and co to come up with a real high calibre appointment

and you're pinning for Gary effing Rowett

I genuinely dont understand the mindset 😂

You're not alone either... madness

I’m not saying Rowett should be our next manager.
All I’m saying is he’d do a way better job than Rooney, and that someone I know had a conversation with him and he said he’d come back.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
03:28, Wed 27 Dec
He’d steady the ship bring in good old fashion centre backs making us hard to beat.

It would however be a backward step with the board we currently have.

Thanks but no thanks.
08:17, Wed 27 Dec
How about Larry the Downing Street cat. Big name, similar managerial credentials as World class Wayne. Gerrimin.
08:20, Wed 27 Dec
Gary Rowett, come on get real.

Steve Cooper, he is the man. Would have us in the top half no problem.
08:24, Wed 27 Dec
I like Cooper, but listening to Forest, fans makes you wonder. No plan b crap in the transfer market…….