08:47, Wed 27 Dec
Let’s assume Rowett came in tomorrow what magic change of personnel or formation would he make or what pixie dust would he sprinkle that changes how this team operates?

For me all he could do is specifically set out to not have the ball very much, tighten up set pieces and use our players very much as counter attackers.

The result, in the short term maybe we will nick a few points, enough to stop the rot. Next couple of seasons would be dire, unattractive dirge which would get us no closer to the aspirations of the owners or the fans for an attacking, promotion threatening team.

We need investment in January and the likes of Laird, Dramah, Anderson and Buchanan to get and stay fit. Not Gray bleeding Rowett!!
08:51, Wed 27 Dec
GBBlue
Let’s assume Rowett came in tomorrow what magic change of personnel or formation would he make or what pixie dust would he sprinkle that changes how this team operates?

For me all he could do is specifically set out to not have the ball very much, tighten up set pieces and use our players very much as counter attackers.

The result, in the short term maybe we will nick a few points, enough to stop the rot. Next couple of seasons would be dire, unattractive dirge which would get us no closer to the aspirations of the owners or the fans for an attacking, promotion threatening team.

We need investment in January and the likes of Laird, Dramah, Anderson and Buchanan to get and stay fit. Not Gray bleeding Rowett!!
If your happy to have Burton Albion type of performances and we still lose then he's the man. Rooney is going nowhere unless he removes himself.
09:09, Wed 27 Dec
Hank Marvin
I know it’s been mentioned no end of times. Some look at it as a backwards step. I personally don’t, Rowett to take over from Wazza is a forwards step in my opinion.

Anyway - an old mate of mine, was in the old smoke a week or two back and completely randomly bumped into you guessed it - our old manager. A bit of small talk ensued and then my old mate made a comment along the lines of “maybe you should go back up there and show the current manager a thing or two”. Rowett’s response was if the job comes up and I’m asked, I’ll go back no problem. I did say to my pal though “yeah right until he starts pinging his CV around again”

Massive Rowett fan here - did a miracle given what he inherited, and the budget he was given. He should have been given the money that Zola was given - I'm convinced we'd have finished in the play offs that season and then who knows?

But I wouldn't want him back - that style of football has a shelf life
09:56, Wed 27 Dec
BRING HIM HOME
It's a no from me.

We should break our necks for Steve Cooper.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:44, Wed 27 Dec
Cooper or Mowbray would make me very happy.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:43, Wed 27 Dec
Rowett oh God no.
12:33, Wed 27 Dec
Nikola Zigic
It's a no from me.

We should break our necks for Steve Cooper.

I say this as not ITK in the slightest but I am convinced Cooper ends up at Blues.
12:33, Wed 27 Dec
suspect he turns up at Palace pretty soon
12:47, Wed 27 Dec
Sunik
I don't get the vitriol. The only manager since Hughton to make us a decent side at this level.

Have you forgotten Monk?
13:12, Wed 27 Dec
I can’t disagree with that. We certainly wouldn’t be 6th (IMO) but we’d have probably won say 5 in 13 instead of 2.

Your 3 more wins would put us into the last play off spot. I think we would have taken 9-12 more points, without the momentum killing decision to change the gaffer.
14:04, Wed 27 Dec
Just wondering; has this wum actually sold you any tickets?
17:24, Wed 27 Dec
Reiss Jumper > Puffy Coat and Cap