22:10, Fri 29 Dec
Yeah that’s a fair enough assessment Rags but it didn’t warrant the booing at the end.

All this bollocks about the players not playing for him? well that looked like they were all on board to me.
We dug in & got a point, that’s all i expected.
22:19, Fri 29 Dec
Yeah that’s a fair enough assessment Rags but it didn’t warrant the booing at the end.

All this bollocks about the players not playing for him? well that looked like they were all on board to me.

The effort was there today, I can’t fault them for that.

No attacking intent and barely a sniff on goal at home to an average Bristol City isn’t good enough though.
22:22, Fri 29 Dec

Yes, things like "he's lost the dressing room" are so easy to say and usually turn out to be bollocks ... even Longelo was making good blocks in the last couple of minutes to make sure we hung on to the draw

I've never booed players when i thought they'd put a decent effort in - when i used to play there were times when i had a shocker - but i don't think it was ever on purpose or through lack of effort.

I will say one thing negative though --- Stansfield looked VERY much like he wasn't busting a gut tonight and running round like a yappy young puppy as if his life depended on it - based on that i'd say the rumours are true and he wants to go "home". He can be proper "spikey" at times - didn't see that tonight
22:35, Fri 29 Dec
I said to all around me before the game against Stoke Boxing Day what time do you think Rooney mate will enter the pitch today what is it about Burke that Rooney would rather have on the pitch then a goalscorer in stansfield ? The most he’s scored in any season is 5 .. ty,er roberts the most in any season 5 also .. so where did Rooney see in that 2nd half the goals coming from ? I hope and pray we have some new blood lined up because if we don’t we are in serious trouble because even if stansfield stays all season we won’t score enough goals under Rooney with the squad as it is and his use of Burke every game it’s no wonder stansfield looks demoralised sometimes he knows he will be off after 65 mins e erygame for Burke who can’t hit a barn door from 2 yards . Rooneys killed dembeles as well he looks lost I seriously worry if Rooneys still here in a another month where we will be
22:40, Fri 29 Dec
Stansfield is usually out on his feet after 60. The only alternatives to Burke are the 57 year old Juke and a Scott Hogan with the confidence of a wingless bat. I suppose it’s law of averages that something will bounce off Burke’s stomach at some point and end up in the bet.
22:41, Fri 29 Dec
How Burke gets on the pitch ahead of Myoshi is a complete mystery to me

The former has no assists and no goals to his name, whilst the latter has both, as well as an abundance of skill to open teams up
22:43, Fri 29 Dec
Stansfield is usually out on his feet after 60. The only alternatives to Burke are the 57 year old Juke and a Scott Hogan with the confidence of a wingless bat. I suppose it’s law of averages that something will bounce off Burke’s stomach at some point and end up in the bet.

Perhaps we should have started with Burke for the period when we showed zero desire and then subbed him after 30 minutes - meaning Stansfield could play 15 mins in first half and the whole of the second half
22:48, Fri 29 Dec
I said the same myself. Looked exasperated at times. i think he needs first time balls into the box & in to chanells as he seems pretty instinctive.

I know he’s not in favour & is probably on his way but i would have liked to have seen him pair up with Hogan.

But then again i’ve had a too many….
22:50, Fri 29 Dec
Stansfield didn't look out on his feet to me. No idea why he took him off.

Bringing Burke on instead of Miyoshi is baffling. Burke is not a footballer, send him back.

Absolute shit all round.
22:51, Fri 29 Dec
I’d rather throw Kevin long up front then give Burke any game time at least long would show for the ball and get near a header all Burke does is jump to early and look a idiot as the ball flies past him .. he’s a waste of a shirt give it Dixon or any other young lad
22:57, Fri 29 Dec
Taking Stansfield off should be grounds for sacking on the spot.

Best attacking player we’ve had at the club since Che and the lads been wasted.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:58, Fri 29 Dec
Super Hans
Taking Stansfield off should be grounds for sacking on the spot.
Agreed
Best attacking player we’ve had at the club since Che and the lads been wasted.
22:59, Fri 29 Dec
Totally agree with this about Stansfield. He looked seriously brassed off when he came off.
Rightly so too - running in circles for an hour, or with balls blasted at his neck or higher.
Not one decent pass all game.
I hope I’m wrong as it would be a disaster, but wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he’s had enough of WR.
Let’s face it most of us, and probably most of the players have, but he’s got an easy escape route
23:04, Fri 29 Dec
Bluubalders
Totally agree with this about Stansfield. He looked seriously brassed off when he came off.
Rightly so too - running in circles for an hour, or with balls blasted at his neck or higher.
Not one decent pass all game.
I hope I’m wrong as it would be a disaster, but wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he’s had enough of WR.
Let’s face it most of us, and probably most of the players have, but he’s got an easy escape route

The baffling thing is with him being such a good striker. You’d assume he would know patterns of play and positions he liked being in or his team mates being in when he had the ball. Tonight he just binned off the attackers. I would be fed up too
23:10, Fri 29 Dec
Rags
... and yet ... man for man ... apart from perhaps the goalkeeper i wouldn't really want any of those Bristol players

They were very very average

Had control of the game but couldn't really create anything

Did either keeper make a save?