18:56, Mon 1 Jan
Amy T
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
Managers definitely have performance break clauses where they don’t get a payout if certain targets aren’t reached - remember reading that Nuno had one at Spurs

Whether our CEO put one in his mates contract, who knows?

You know for sure Cook wrote his contract?

Who other than the CEO would have arranged this deal?

Do you honestly believe Wagner and co would allow a situation similar to Dong happen where the CEO has that much power and sway?

Honestly Dan, the longer Wagner and co allow this debacle to continue, the quicker their goodwill is going to fade with the fans.

They can make the ground look great all they want. Refusing to save the season while they still can will see the fans turn on the owners before January is out, never mind Rooney.

Claptrap
Speak for yourself !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
19:04, Mon 1 Jan
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
Managers definitely have performance break clauses where they don’t get a payout if certain targets aren’t reached - remember reading that Nuno had one at Spurs

Do you honestly believe Wagner and co would allow a situation similar to Dong happen where the CEO has that much power and sway?

Knightheads involvement is the only thing keeping my chin up currently.

They won't allow us to fail, but what can they do? I don't know, but they are 1000x smarter than I am.

I've always been a happy clapper and backed every manager, but this is the first time I've felt a bit down trodden and worrisome, in Knighthead we trust.
19:08, Mon 1 Jan
generalBlue
Amy T
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin

Honestly Dan, the longer Wagner and co allow this debacle to continue, the quicker their goodwill is going to fade with the fans.

They can make the ground look great all they want. Refusing to save the season while they still can will see the fans turn on the owners before January is out, never mind Rooney.

Claptrap
Speak for yourself !

I hope I'm wrong, I adore Knighthead and what they've done for us off the pitch so far.

They've got goodwill built up with me. I'm worried they'll lose it with a lot of the fans though, the longer they refuse to sack Rooney.
19:26, Mon 1 Jan
I hope most Blues fans ain't that shallow
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
19:32, Mon 1 Jan
The longer it goes on of course it will undo some goodwill. It’s breeding toxicity. It’s obvious WR is the problem.
19:37, Mon 1 Jan
Cook might not have personally wrote his contract but as CEO he would have had responsibility to sign it off. I wouldn’t be in the slightest but surprised if they haven’t put some performance related get out clauses in them. This whole thing including the way they treated the previous manager and the messaging when Rooney was appointed has been a god awful, unprofessional cock up.
20:54, Mon 1 Jan

YES AMY, it would all seem a bit kippers and curtains at the moment..
20:59, Mon 1 Jan
I think it's more about what they do after sacking WR (it seems a matter of when now) that will encourage/dissuade the fans. The handling of JE's sacking was poor. The appointment of WR looked a bad decision and that is being born out. The statements about no fear football look silly and inferences are being made about their approach as a result.

It's really important that they take their time and get the next one right.
21:02, Mon 1 Jan
Amy T
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin

Turn the owners?
Really?
21:04, Mon 1 Jan
I feel like if they do keep blindly backing Rooney, with nothing to back it up, they will come under fire from some of our fans. Not saying I agree with or want that to happen, but it probably will.
21:11, Mon 1 Jan
You sat through Clark, zola, cotterill and karanka but this is worse???
21:15, Mon 1 Jan
Well said Amy T, completely agree, mind you, another treck round the local pubs again, by the two Toms, will probably quell some of the discent, amazing what a few free pints n selfies can do for some.

Rooneys gota go ASAP.
Tam
21:16, Mon 1 Jan
Los Azules

We didn't have much choice than to sit through Karaoke, tbf. He'd have gone way before he did if the ground was open. In a way, this is especially disappointing as we'd been lifted up from apathy and despondency into a new era of pride in the club and forward-thinking driven ambition and professionalism. Certainly on the pitch, and I think that we all thought that similar strides would be made on the pitch, perhaps with a season of evolution and improvement.

I suppose that's been the kick in the teeth, certainly at the moment.

Speaking for myself, I completely back the owners - I think that they're the best thing to happen to this club in a long, long time. They'll get it right, I'm sure - this whole appointment has been quite, and surprisingly, calamitous, but we'll get there.
Make Blues Great Again
21:17, Mon 1 Jan
Amy T
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin

If fans are genuinely like that then they shouldn't be that effing shallow. For that reason I don't think you can say "the fans" like that and assume you know how everyone is going to react.

It's a blip in a long term project. Blips happen.
21:18, Mon 1 Jan
Los Azules

I can't explain it.
I'm not ever going to call for anyone's head, I'm not doing that with Rooney...I just feel that the recent results may be souring the new owners plans and jeopardising what could be.