22:00, Mon 1 Jan
I back the owners too (100%), and am surprised that they seem to have got everything about this appointment, and the timing/comms around it so wrong.
I think it’s only right though, with such a short track record of ownership,to ask the question, as some may, “ are we confident that this is a blip?”
I think it is, but there is no track record (with us) to assert that with total confidence.
I am relying on their apparent expertise in business in general, and TW comes across as a very polished individual.
The doubters, however, might say Mike Ashley, and the Glasers are both good in business……
I don’t actually believe that’s the right comparison, but this current shiteshow starts to cast a few doubts on everything…..
22:04, Mon 1 Jan
When we had the old owners, we were often told that we "deserved" them because of our outlook.

I used to think that was a load of waffle, but seeing some of the ire aimed at the new regime makes me think that perhaps some people do deserve the worst owners available. Some might even desire it so they can continue to moan.
22:07, Mon 1 Jan
True Blue BJ
Well said Amy T, completely agree, mind you, another treck round the local pubs again, by the two Toms, will probably quell some of the discent, amazing what a few free pints n selfies can do for some.

Rooneys gota go ASAP.
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Tony Fantastico
22:22, Mon 1 Jan
It's clear why people are moaning though. There's many posts on it, but the main points being:

- Popular manager keeps us up when we were favourites to go down.

- He gets us to 6th in the table following a very positive start to the season and the new ownership.

- He is sacked, booted out with a very disrespectful statement, following media leaks and replaced with a manager who had close links to the CEO (mutual friends with agent etc). This manager is a well known public figure with a poor previous managerial record and a number of tabloid red marks against his name.

- Said CEO promises a totally new brand of attacking football we can all be excited about, essentially putting pressure on said new manager.

- We lose all identity, manager blaming players, fans arguing with each other. We drop from 6th to 20th in 3 months, with performances arguably getting worse.

How can you honestly not question the judgement of the people in charge here? Even the Chinese used to sack managers for less than this and managed to keep us up every year.
23:26, Mon 1 Jan
Popular manager?
23:39, Mon 1 Jan
Did you not go to games?
23:51, Mon 1 Jan
Seems a lot more popular now than then.

This was one of your comments from the Norwich away thread recently posted again.

35% possession

1 shot (just before half time - way off target)

This is not a sustainable way to play football

Don’t look like you were that impressed does it.
08:01, Tue 2 Jan
Don’t think anyone’s arguing that the Norwich game under Eustace was good. I went and we were awful, but we’ve been just as awful in the majority of Rooneys games. Rooney was supposed to improve us, make us better, yet he’s made us worse, whilst alienating the players and fans as well.
08:56, Tue 2 Jan
mr_crosby

This was one of your comments from the Norwich away thread recently posted again.

35% possession

😋😋 .... short memory
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:09, Tue 2 Jan
generalBlue
mr_crosby

35% possession

😋😋 .... short memory
😁
Tony Fantastico
09:14, Tue 2 Jan
TL;DR, I'll assume you're on the wind up again anyway
09:17, Tue 2 Jan
Bluenose27
Don’t think anyone’s arguing that the Norwich game under Eustace was good. I went and we were awful, but we’ve been just as awful in the majority of Rooneys games. Rooney was supposed to improve us, make us better, yet he’s made us worse, whilst alienating the players and fans as well.

He’s alienated the fans by saying erm, adopting a power stance, putting his wife’s Insta account and his kids above being manager, and, of course, by being a scouser?

Needs to tap the badge to get folks onside?

Let’s face it. A couple of decent performances and wins and most of the people being all hysterical now would completely change their tune. This isn’t about whether that is going to happen any time soon by the way.
09:49, Tue 2 Jan
I think the biggest mistake was the backroom staff. He should have been back up with a Steve Mclaren type. I see hos old no2 at Derby is being touted as one of the best and most progressive managers in the championship. The club is a very unhappy place at the moment. I was told that by a member of staff at Leeds yesterday, but tbh its bleeding obvious.
If I had the wings of a sparrow