10:34, Tue 2 Jan
Shame, I did genuinely want him to do well,
I remained loyal in supporting him even when my old man was saying get him out after 2 weeks in charge.
But the last 3 games really had me thinking is this going to turn itself around.
10:35, Tue 2 Jan
Mowbray
10:36, Tue 2 Jan
Tam
Tam
RomfordBlue
Can't believe the board are such a bunch of bed-wetting whiners, tbh.

I thought that they might give him the window and then another month, but if they've decided that it isn't going to work, then now is the best time to do it.

On a human level I feel sorry for him (as I did JE) but on a football level I don't, he's another Lampard/Gerrard/Neville P&G and he was taking us down, he's just not a manager. Looks like my Derby mates were right about Rosenior.

All about what they do next now. Also Tam, maybe Rooney may have approached them to say he wanted out? could be for all we know?
Up the feckin Blues
Tam
10:38, Tue 2 Jan
4CELL
Shame, I did genuinely want him to do well,
I remained loyal in supporting him even when my old man was saying get him out after 2 weeks in charge.
But the last 3 games really had me thinking is this going to turn itself around.

I didn't welcome the appointment, but of course wanted him to do well, especially after the terrible reception that he received. Whilst an away defeat at Leeds shouldn't be the reason for sacking the manager, they must have come to the conclusion that this just wasn't going to work and that the opening of the transfer window was the right time to make the decision. It was either that or soldier on until mid February at the earliest by which time the anger would be even more palpable.
Make Blues Great Again
Can't wait to see if club's sacking statement will be as brutal as Eustace's was.
Fair play to the owners in facing up to this and not letting it drag on.
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
Can't wait to see if club's sacking statement will be as brutal as Eustace's was.

Think after what some of our lot gave him after a couple of games, it'd have to go some to upset him 😂
Up the feckin Blues
10:43, Tue 2 Jan
This is great news for us, now lets get someone decent. I think the board will learn from this and have someone in place very soon.
10:45, Tue 2 Jan
Terrible timing for his appointment both in terms of league position, previous result against WBA and the run we knew he started with.
Terrible reaction from fans. The red faced anger after one home defeat, the keyboard warriors and stupid memes. We as fans need to have a long hard look at ourselves
No luck with injuries - Long, Buchanan, Dramah and Laird all struggling to get any regular game time. Plus Hall, Roberts, Anderson all being out for most/all his tenure.
But stupid formations and tactics in his first few games were naïve
Then his reversion to Fear football since Plymouth/Leicester really did it for me, if we are going back to Eustaceball we may as well have kept him.

Personally I think without either much better fortune in the injury department i.e. keeping full backs fit, keeping Long fit and keeping Roberts & Anderson fit AND getting a striker in during the loan window any manager is going to struggle. Rooney may not have been the greatest manager alive but he was also a very unlucky one too.

At least Wagner is keeping us in the news...
Tam
macca salop blue

Yes, if this is true, then they at least deserve credit for owning the mistake. I think that it was a make or break time as far as decision-making went, and would maybe have ridden it out for a few more games if the transfer window wasn't upon us. However, if this has forced their hand, fair play to them for making the decision, particularly as they'll have had so much invested (financially and in terms or reputation) in their man.
Make Blues Great Again
macca salop blue

Yep. If it even needed confirming, this shows that they're not f***ing about. They've got the vast majority of the decisions right so far. Ok, appointing Rooney turned out to be a big mistake but they've accepted that it wasn't ever going to improve and pulled the trigger relatively quickly.

Now let's see if the decision making process is better for the next manager. I'm confident they'll do a better job this time around.
10:46, Tue 2 Jan
Doubt we'll ever find out but would be interesting to know how much (if any) direct say Wagner had on the decision and if he had to force Cook's hand?
The least surprising news of the year so far, and yet I'm surprised - I thought they'd stick with him for a while longer. We can't keep carrying on hiring and firing like this so I hope the next man in gets a reasonable run no matter who it is, although I assume the knives will be being sharpened in certain quarters for whoever.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
10:47, Tue 2 Jan
Terrible timing for his appointment both in terms of league position, previous result against WBA and the run we knew he started with.
Terrible reaction from fans. The red faced anger after one home defeat, the keyboard warriors and stupid memes. We as fans need to have a long hard look at ourselves
No luck with injuries - Long, Buchanan, Dramah and Laird all struggling to get any regular game time. Plus Hall, Roberts, Anderson all being out for most/all his tenure.
Then his reversion to Fear football since Plymouth/Leicester really did it for me, if we are going back to Eustaceball we may as well have kept him.

Personally I think without either much better fortune in the injury department i.e. keeping full backs fit, keeping Long fit and keeping Roberts & Anderson fit AND getting a striker in during the loan window any manager is going to struggle. Rooney may not have been the greatest manager alive but he was also a very unlucky one too.

Nail on the head.
10:47, Tue 2 Jan
GBBlue

Couldn't agree more.
Up the feckin Blues