11:35, Wed 3 Jan
Wayne Rooney will not give up on his career as a football manager and retains a burning ambition to be a top coach, Sky Sports News has been told.

[www.skysports.com]
11:38, Wed 3 Jan
"Rooney signed a three-and-a-half-year contract at St Andrew's in October, and it is normal practice for that legal document to contain a framework of payments, should the manager be relieved of his duties."
12:10, Wed 3 Jan
Saudi Arabia or China is the only place he'll get a job now.
12:14, Wed 3 Jan
Chris
"Rooney signed a three-and-a-half-year contract at St Andrew's in October, and it is normal practice for that legal document to contain a framework of payments, should the manager be relieved of his duties."

I suspect that means either no underperformance clause or that wasn’t met.

It also suggests that Blues are gonna pay him off as little as they possibly can.
12:16, Wed 3 Jan
Yep, along with his mate Gerrard and Lampard as well. Strange how many of that 'golden generation' of England players have tried their hand at being a manager/coach and failed.

Don't wish him any ill will at all, but don't really care one way or the other now.
Up the feckin Blues
12:42, Wed 3 Jan
Ribeye
Saudi Arabia or China is the only place he'll get a job now.

Let his old pals at salford have him.
12:46, Wed 3 Jan
I hope he does well.
12:49, Wed 3 Jan
Sky Sports
Wayne Rooney will not give up on his career as a football manager and retains a burning ambition to be a top coach, Sky Sports News has been told.

[www.skysports.com]
But football management may give up on his career
12:49, Wed 3 Jan
Me too QB. There are some nasty minded feckers about these days. I’m glad I’m nearly dead.
13:14, Wed 3 Jan
I hope he does well.

Rooney ?

So do i.
None have them have been willing to work from the bottom up though, which asks questions of just how determined they are to be managers. We always hear, rightly, that they are inexperienced and need time, but the lowest level they're willing to work at is The Championship.

They're also seemingly unwilling to go and shadow experienced managers and learn from them - they want to come straight in with very little knowledge of the job. Perhaps Rooney could take a leaf out of more experienced managers and go and learn before throwing himself straight back into it?
13:28, Wed 3 Jan
Good luck to him. Despite his failings and that he was a woeful appointment, I do sympathise with him that he was never accepted by the fans, the abuse and toxicity he got, and that the owners did him no favours whatsoever with their statements after appointing him.
13:58, Wed 3 Jan
None have them have been willing to work from the bottom up though, which asks questions of just how determined they are to be managers. We always hear, rightly, that they are inexperienced and need time, but the lowest level they're willing to work at is The Championship.

They're also seemingly unwilling to go and shadow experienced managers and learn from them - they want to come straight in with very little knowledge of the job. Perhaps Rooney could take a leaf out of more experienced managers and go and learn before throwing himself straight back into it?

For that to happen they’d have to do a few other things like adjust their lifestyle (they may be rich but people live to their means) and adjust to the loss of status, which not only means a loss of commercial revenue but also the necessary stripping of your own ego which is easier said than done, especially when people have been fawning over you since you were a kid. I doubt any of their agents or hangers on would encourage it either. Then they’d have to severely temper their expectations of the players’ skill set, something many top ex-pro’s struggle with due to being better when they were teenagers than these guys may ever be - more ego stripping. Then there’s still the media scrutiny to begin with unless you go off grid which, again, is easier said than done these days.

Far easier to go for the big bucks and fail. At least you’ve got a ready assembled media PR team on tap to come up with excuses for you. And a pay off when you fail.
13:59, Wed 3 Jan
Rags
I hope he does well.

Rooney ?

So do i.

Let's hope the CEO in his next role doesn't set him up to fail before he's taken a training session
Should he have turned down Derby and waited for the Grimsby job to come up? Crikey.