14:41, Wed 3 Jan
Iraola

AEK Larnaca
edit
Iraola was appointed manager of Cypriot club AEK Larnaca FC on 18 June 2018, succeeding his compatriot Imanol Idiakez.[31] He was sacked the following 14 January,[32] after nearly two months without winning a single match.[33]

Mirandés
edit
On 10 July 2019, Iraola replaced the departed Borja Jiménez at the helm of CD Mirandés, newly promoted to Segunda División.[34] He took the team to the semi-finals of the Spanish Cup for the second time in their 92-year history, notably disposing of top-tier sides RC Celta de Vigo, Sevilla FC and Villarreal.[35] On 21 July 2020, he left the club as his contract expired.[36]

Rayo Vallecano
edit
Iraola remained in the second division in August 2020, taking o
14:42, Wed 3 Jan
Exeptions 🤣

If it was the norm you wouldn’t have had to ask the question you plum!

How about Frank de Boer. Started with Ajax youth team, then assistant in the national set up and ended up winning 4 eredivise titles in a row in charge of Ajax?

Or is starting at youth level still not low enough?

How about Conte, who started in the 5th tier of Italian football?
14:43, Wed 3 Jan
Bluenose27
Good luck to him. Despite his failings and that he was a woeful appointment, I do sympathise with him that he was never accepted by the fans, the abuse and toxicity he got, and that the owners did him no favours whatsoever with their statements after appointing him.

Its called a hospital pass
Tam
14:43, Wed 3 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Brian Clough - Hartlepool
SAF - East Stirlingshire
Steve Cotterill - Sligo Rovers

So a dead bloke, an 82 year old and Steve Cotterill... A fine selection.

Yeah, slightly tongue in cheek, as I thought you might have guessed with the inclusion of Steve effing Cotterill.
Make Blues Great Again
14:55, Wed 3 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Nobody relevant for the past 10 (at least) years then.

Frank, De Zerbi, Hodgson and Howe all did time at low levels early in their careers and worked their way up.
14:55, Wed 3 Jan
Klopp.
Potter.
Postecoglou.
Wee Brenner Rodgers.
Eddie Howe.
Thomas Frank.
Ten Hag.
Tuchel.

All started at various shades of low levels.

We'll hit on somebody relevant eventually.
14:57, Wed 3 Jan
Spike
Klopp.
Potter.
Postecoglou.
Wee Brenner Rodgers.
Eddie Howe.
Thomas Frank.
Ten Hag.
Tuchel.

De Zerbi - sacked in his first job, relegated in his second, now being spoke of as the bloke to replace Guardiola
15:04, Wed 3 Jan
Ranieri as well.

Spent years getting sacked from lowly jobs.

On a slightly other note, I heard an interview a while back - might have been with Gabby Marcotti? Anyway. He was saying that on the continent getting sacked loads of times is not really a stigma, it's just seen as building character and experience ahead of getting into the right role.
15:13, Wed 3 Jan
Klopp.
Potter.
Postecoglou.
Wee Brenner Rodgers.
Eddie Howe.
Thomas Frank.
Ten Hag.
Tuchel.

I think over 20 examples exceptions is enough
15:17, Wed 3 Jan
Spike
Ranieri as well.

Spent years getting sacked from lowly jobs.

On a slightly other note, I heard an interview a while back - might have been with Gabby Marcotti? Anyway. He was saying that on the continent getting sacked loads of times is not really a stigma, it's just seen as building character and experience ahead of getting into the right role.

Yeah happens loads - Rafa Benitez sacked and relegated before winning the league. Over here it’s you tend to get more stigmatised
15:29, Wed 3 Jan
Wayne says “yeah laaaah, I’m jusss wait-n for Unai Emery to go to Liverpewl an then I’ll be goin get the villa job laaaah”
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
16:35, Wed 3 Jan
Pity.
Bluenose27
Good luck to him. Despite his failings and that he was a woeful appointment, I do sympathise with him that he was never accepted by the fans, the abuse and toxicity he got, and that the owners did him no favours whatsoever with their statements after appointing him.

Really felt for him after the Hull game. Managers getting abuse is nothing new but it's normally
after a really bad run

Imagine it's your first game at home, you naturally want to be welcomed and people are already screaming 'Chunt' at you and 'fck off back to America"

I was in GML. Couldn't believe my ears that evening, very un Blues like i thought at the time ( but maybe it wasn't )
16:57, Wed 3 Jan
QBBC2
Klopp.
Potter.
Postecoglou.
Wee Brenner Rodgers.
Eddie Howe.
Thomas Frank.
Ten Hag.
Tuchel.

I think over 20 examples exceptions is enough
Yeah but I bet you can’t name one
Tony Fantastico
There's always a few dickheads. I moved seat because of the fat prick on the row behind. He used to call every player a useless Jeremy Hunt. He'd shout for a certain player to come on, said player would come on and within seconds they'd also be called a useless Jeremy Hunt. He sat there the week after Blackpool away when they battered us under bowyer proudly telling his wife and 2 kids (son maybe 8 years old and daughter no older than 6) how if he had gone to Blackpool he'd of caved all of the players heads in because they were all useless Jeremy Hunts. I'm no shrinking violet and I swear like a trooper but not in front of my kids and certainly not that word. Absolute 🔔end