14:40, Wed 3 Jan
Outspoken radio personality Tom Ross gives his verdict on the latest events at his beloved Birmingham City

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
14:44, Wed 3 Jan
Outspoken radio personality Tom Ross gives his verdict on the latest events at his beloved Birmingham City

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Sod off tom.
14:52, Wed 3 Jan
Modelling a new Bronx hat...
14:58, Wed 3 Jan
Haven't read the article (because it's the Mail and it's Tom Ross) but this point about players is one that gets trotted out virtually every single time things go tits up at any club, not just ours.

I do wonder if we just have to accept that, unless you're a Roy Keane type, this is seemingly a human trait and, if any one of us were pro-footballers, we'd likely "down tools" under these circumstances as well.
15:04, Wed 3 Jan
He's not wrong though. At no point during the Leeds game did I ever expect any of our players to win a 50/50 ball because we just didn't look up for it... There's a lot to blame Rooney for but it wasn't his tactics that meant that at times, we couldn't make a simple pass, couldn't control a ball, couldn't cross a ball, couldn't defend etc...
15:05, Wed 3 Jan
I think the players are getting off lightly.
Giving your all should be a given, not because you don’t like the manager 🤷🏼‍♂️
Suppose us fans will never know what goes on in these situations
Tam
15:05, Wed 3 Jan
Petebaldwin
He's not wrong though. At no point during the Leeds game did I ever expect any of our players to win a 50/50 ball because we just didn't look up for it... There's a lot to blame Rooney for but it wasn't his tactics that meant that at times, we couldn't make a simple pass, couldn't control a ball, couldn't cross a ball, couldn't defend etc...

I thought we looked OK in that regard up until the first goal, Pete, and then you could see the players sag.
Make Blues Great Again
15:07, Wed 3 Jan
The captain Sanderson even said in his post match comments that he saw players give up Saturday towards the end and that’s not on!

Rooney was a shit show but a few of them do need to take a good hard look at themselves, and I for one will be glad to be moving on from some of them at the first available opportunity.
15:19, Wed 3 Jan
I think the players are getting off lightly.
Giving your all should be a given, not because you don’t like the manager 🤷🏼‍♂️
Suppose us fans will never know what goes on in these situations

No, it was all Rooney. The outnumbered, put upon, brave souls in the anti-Rooney clique have made that clear and they’ve been proved right about it all.

Fortunately they’re not the sort to bang on about it though.
15:22, Wed 3 Jan
players are players. they have been throwing our managers under the bus for years. like tom ross has been throwing players under the bus for years. Rooney took them on. he was right in many things he used to say but unfortunately failed in how to manage and make us successful.
15:25, Wed 3 Jan
TaylorJay84
The captain Sanderson even said in his post match comments that he saw players give up Saturday towards the end and that’s not on!

Rooney was a shit show but a few of them do need to take a good hard look at themselves, and I for one will be glad to be moving on from some of them at the first available opportunity.
Just out of interest which players do you think are most culpable?.
15:26, Wed 3 Jan
😂
15:27, Wed 3 Jan
Tam
Yeah we did initially but then instead of being resolute and fighting back, we just gave up. For me, that's a symptom of a lack of leadership in the dressing room as opposed to poor management.

It's all well signing youngsters who will increase in value but we need to balance it with a few battle-hardened leaders in the squad. We need someone to lead by example when the chips are down....
15:28, Wed 3 Jan
If my boss left suddenly and his replacement not just totally changed people's job roles but did that constantly, and then publicly slated me for not coping with it, I'd not only be utterly confused as to what I was being asked to do, but also demotivated.

These guys aren't robots, and neither are they the top tier of players who can instinctively deal with this sort of thing. The drop off in form and results since Rooney came in is astonishing frankly.

I think most of us if we were being honest would experience a drop in application in these circumstances.
The cold never bothered me anyway