15:32, Wed 3 Jan
The players gave up for the last 15 mins of the Hull game. Just added to the almost eery atmosphere. I remember Rowett and Monks first home games against Watford and Boro we looked like we had 12 men.
"personality".....LMFAO
15:54, Wed 3 Jan
If my boss left suddenly and his replacement not just totally changed people's job roles but did that constantly, and then publicly slated me for not coping with it, I'd not only be utterly confused as to what I was being asked to do, but also demotivated.

These guys aren't robots, and neither are they the top tier of players who can instinctively deal with this sort of thing. The drop off in form and results since Rooney came in is astonishing frankly.

I think most of us if we were being honest would experience a drop in application in these circumstances.

Your reply doesn’t surprise me in the least tbh.

If it was me and new owners came in who were an obvious upgrade on the previous ones I’d work hard to be part of their new vision and take advantage of the new people’s experience to do my best to improve myself. I’d make damn sure I wasn’t one of the ones who needed to be publicly slated and take the trust placed in me by the manager, and the hopes and expectations of the fans, on my shoulders and try to earn both respect and my large salary.

Horses for courses though, eh? Looks like Cook was off with his thirds estimate.
16:00, Wed 3 Jan
A very predictable response from you there mate.
The cold never bothered me anyway
16:01, Wed 3 Jan
Tbf I get your point. I thought and hoped the players would relish doing all they could to play under a footballing great in Rooney.

I blame both parties to a point. The lack of consistency in tactics and formation and the players to take control once on the pitch.

I think one thing modern day football shows is the players will always be the ones who survive a shit storm, it’s like you’ve got to be their mate to win them over. I suspect Rooney wasn’t pally with them
16:06, Wed 3 Jan
I suspect that, like a section of the fans, some took against him from the start because of the way Eustace was dealt with. One thing everyone who’s worked with him agrees on is his man management skills but some folk you just can’t reach, to borrow a Strother Martin line.
16:08, Wed 3 Jan
A very predictable response from you there mate.

I make no apology for taking opportunities to better myself. Some are just happier blaming others for their failings.

You do you.
16:12, Wed 3 Jan
Man management comes in many forms, I wouldn't say the likes of Corberan or Emery come across as being particularly pally with their players

He essentially got Derby relegated in his first season there, didn't impress in America, and has been an absolute disaster for us, I think it's likely he just hasn't got it, good manager's are able to get the players on board, forge a team spirit, and know how to set out their players in a fashion that wins matches.

Hopefully the next guy is a lot better, we are massively underperforming
Happy Clapper
16:14, Wed 3 Jan
If my boss left suddenly and his replacement not just totally changed people's job roles but did that constantly, and then publicly slated me for not coping with it, I'd not only be utterly confused as to what I was being asked to do, but also demotivated.

These guys aren't robots, and neither are they the top tier of players who can instinctively deal with this sort of thing. The drop off in form and results since Rooney came in is astonishing frankly.

I think most of us if we were being honest would experience a drop in application in these circumstances.

If it was me and new owners came in who were an obvious upgrade on the previous ones I’d work hard to be part of their new vision and take advantage of the new people’s experience to do my best to improve myself. I’d make damn sure I wasn’t one of the ones who needed to be publicly slated and take the trust placed in me by the manager, and the hopes and expectations of the fans, on my shoulders and try to earn both respect and my large salary.

Horses for courses though, eh? Looks like Cook was off with his thirds estimate.

I wouldn’t give a shit who my boss was, I’d hate the bastard anyway.

Comparing elite athletes to clerical half wits is…..half witted.
16:17, Wed 3 Jan
QBBC2
Some are just happier blaming others for their failings.

Well, yeah. World Class Wayne was a bit too fond of doing that, wasn't he.
The cold never bothered me anyway
16:19, Wed 3 Jan
I get that too, you’ll probably recall I was alarmed when we give him the job and was pretty sold on that most the success at Derby was down to LR ( plenty of rams at work) but still hoped.

It’s just been an unnecessary mess. A gamble that hasn’t paid off, but I suspect they’ll get this one right. They have to.
16:19, Wed 3 Jan

I wouldn’t give a shit who my boss was, I’d hate the bastard anyway.

Comparing elite athletes to clerical half wits is…..half witted.

I bet i could do Rooney's job better than he could do mine though
You could probably do Joey Barton's job better than he could do yours too (and last longer in it)
16:22, Wed 3 Jan
Yeah, if he had settled on a sensible style, stuck with it, and been determined to work at it - it might have been better and could hardly have been worse.

If you are going to be constantly losing belief in yourself, you can't really expect players to believe in you. And there is also an element of giving them an excuse - even subconsciously. It's human nature. Give most people an excuse and they will take it.
16:23, Wed 3 Jan
Very few people could my job at all, never mind as well as me. It’s a crime that I’m paid fecking peanuts.

John Eustace could it, no doubt.
16:26, Wed 3 Jan
Yeah, if he had settled on a sensible style, stuck with it, and been determined to work at it - it might have been better and could hardly have been worse.

If you are going to be constantly losing belief in yourself, you can't really expect players to believe in you. And there is also an element of giving them an excuse - even subconsciously. It's human nature. Give most people an excuse and they will take it.

Even i accept that the circumstances he was appointed under made it hard for him .... BUT ... if he had come in, smiled a bit, said some positive things, made a slight success of things then gradually the fans would have cut him some slack and accepted him

.... but he couldn't do any of those things, he came in, was shit, and slagged every fecker off.