16:26, Wed 3 Jan
Birmingham Mail
Outspoken radio personality Tom Ross gives his verdict on the latest events at his beloved Birmingham City

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

In all my years of following Blues, Tom Ross has never ever thought a Blues manager should have been sacked.
Yes the players did not give there all all the time, but Rooney was awful
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
16:27, Wed 3 Jan
Very few people could my job at all, never mind as well as me. It’s a crime that I’m paid fecking peanuts.

John Eustace could it, no doubt.

Because, underneath it all, i'm quite a responsible bugger - your job would scare the absolute shit out of me ........
16:28, Wed 3 Jan
Spike
Yeah, if he had settled on a sensible style, stuck with it, and been determined to work at it - it might have been better and could hardly have been worse.

If you are going to be constantly losing belief in yourself, you can't really expect players to believe in you. And there is also an element of giving them an excuse - even subconsciously. It's human nature. Give most people an excuse and they will take it.

I think the biggest issue with WR is his own lack of accountability!
All he did in 15 weeks was blame everything and everyone but himself, his closing statement still carried that same theme, it was the the lack of time, money, quality of player.
No mention of tactics, formations, lineups and man management.

I’m sorry but it had disaster written all over it the minute it came about, and lots of people predicted it, but they were just labelled as bedwetters and JE loving fannies apparently.

For the love of god just appoint someone capable and qualified and get on with it blues.
16:28, Wed 3 Jan
He was tipping his mate Carsley on Facebook yesterday, only ever seems to tip people he (thinks) has a friendship with
Happy Clapper
16:31, Wed 3 Jan
Spike
Yeah, if he had settled on a sensible style, stuck with it, and been determined to work at it - it might have been better and could hardly have been worse.

If you are going to be constantly losing belief in yourself, you can't really expect players to believe in you. And there is also an element of giving them an excuse - even subconsciously. It's human nature. Give most people an excuse and they will take it.

All he did in 15 weeks was blame everything and everyone but himself, his closing statement still carried that same theme, it was the the lack of time, money, quality of player.

I’m sorry but it had disaster written all over it the minute it came about, and lots of people predicted it, but they were just labelled as bedwetters and JE loving fannies apparently.

For the love of god just appoint someone capable and qualified and get on with it blues.

"No mention of tactics, formations, lineups"

to be fair, i expect he was told to keep it to less than 20 pages - what disappointed me most was he didn't even have the confidence in his own ideas and just panicked and changed it every game - at least to Zola's credit he stuck with the plan to the bitter end
Tam
16:32, Wed 3 Jan
I don't think that there's a single answer to cover this. I might well have missed a few things, but overall, it didn't look like the players weren't putting in the yards. You could single out a few instances, perhaps, such as Burke at the end of the Leeds game (and I'm certainly not picking on him) or Beilik at Coventry, but only the players will know the truth as to whether they've given less than 100%

Some have looked dejected - Bacuna looked absolutely fed up in the second half at Leeds - and some won't know what's expected of them from game to game, and some will be nervous of making a mistake, or fed up with losing. Etc, etc....

You look at the management as well, who are tasked with getting the best out of the players.

IMO, you can't look at the manager OR the players- I think that both groups are culpable to one degree or another.
Make Blues Great Again
16:36, Wed 3 Jan
Tam
👍
16:37, Wed 3 Jan
Rags
Spike

"No mention of tactics, formations, lineups"

to be fair, i expect he was told to keep it to less than 20 pages - what disappointed me most was he didn't even have the confidence in his own ideas and just panicked and changed it every game - at least to Zola's credit he stuck with the plan to the bitter end

Yeah I didn’t need a detailed breakdown Rags, but the bloke needs to look in the mirror if he does want to pursue a managerial career, because the issue is with himself, on all the things mentioned in my post.
You have to be accountable as a manager, and concise in your philosophy and methods, he flip flopped as you said constantly, and in the end literally finished his tenure playing 5/6 at the back to just stop goals.

It was an absolute disaster.
16:40, Wed 3 Jan
Outspoken your having a laugh
The bloke has spent the last 30 odd years sucking up to the clubs various owners
16:42, Wed 3 Jan
Spike

So who’s idea was No Fear Football?
Whoever came up with that should be fired.
16:43, Wed 3 Jan
We may as well give up. Got no effing chance.
17:06, Wed 3 Jan
Without reading the whole thread I think players look like they've downed tools because they've lost all self confidence. How many of our players currently play with a swagger? Cast your minds back to the ends of games earlier in the season, you had the likes of Bacuna with big beaming smiles on their faces pushing the manager forwards for applause.

You had Dembele lapping up the attention when St Andrews was chanting his name. Sanderson the same, the fans don't sing your name over and over again if they're not on board with you like we were for Sanderson. He's been a shadow of the player since Rooney came in.

When was the last time you saw that, even in the win at home to Sheff Wed it looked more like they were relieved to get the win rather than truly happy in what they'd just done.

When you have a manager that takes responsibility for poor performances and says things like "we have to be better" including himself in the blame etc its massively different to a manager saying xyz player was poor, the players have to do better, and so on.

On the flip side a good man manager always praises the players when things go well and excludes himself.

It all adds up into a toxic atmosphere when you chuck the players under the bus and ask them to do what they can't. Especially when every miss placed pass, missed save, missed shot is met with groans and moans that are really frustration aimed at the manager. The ball suddenly becomes like a hot potatoe because you don't want to be the one to make a mistake and injuries suddenly elongate because you're out of the limelight a bit.
17:08, Wed 3 Jan
Outspoken LOL. He certainly gave Pannu a hard time didn't he?
17:10, Wed 3 Jan
Kop Corner
Outspoken LOL. He certainly gave Pannu a hard time didn't he?

I’ve watched the open night Q&A on YouTube a few times now and it’s cringe how far his tongue is up Cooks arse, he basically says brilliant before Cooks even answered a question.

Another fossil Blues need to move on from and leave in the past.
17:13, Wed 3 Jan
Boyblue
Spike

So who’s idea was No Fear Football?
Whoever came up with that should be fired.
They should have a statue built. It’s a game of football they’re paid fortunes to play and have thousands paying to watch. The bastards aren’t going to war
Tony Fantastico