21:50, Thu 4 Jan
Why have we never been able to get the best out of them?

In recent years I can think of Dunn, Kapo, Jota and now Miyoshi, it just never works.
22:04, Thu 4 Jan
I would say there's no evidence that those players are actually that good, probably with Dunn having the best career by far (edit: maybe on a par with Kapo now I've checked, Dunn more consistent but didn't hit the same heights)

Jota became a bit nomadic, and although his goal return was low his assist stats were good for us
Kapo had loads of moves and never settled, his goal return was on a par with the rest of his career overall
Miyoshi is on course for his best ever season goalscoring wise

I think the main crux of it is that we sign mediocre flair players on the cheap and they have hit and miss spells with us, as they do across their careers
22:08, Thu 4 Jan
other examples

Bela
Halilovic
Ivan Sanchez
Villalba

All 'good on their day' players and nothing more
22:10, Thu 4 Jan
Sunik

In recent years I can think of Dunn, Kapo, Jota and now Miyoshi, it just never works.

i wouldn't call Miyoshi a flair player at all, he's all tight control and sharp turns but it's all efficient and mechanical. Dembele and Bacuna are real flair players, and realistically Bacuna has been v good for us.

I think Miyoshi is one of our better players, and was playing extremely well under JE, in truth.
22:11, Thu 4 Jan
I wouldn’t rule Miyoshi out yet.
Gazball?
22:19, Thu 4 Jan
Bryan Hughes was an unbelievable player.

Mentions for

Lazaridis
Dominguez
Zarate
22:21, Thu 4 Jan
Sunik

Because our fans moan when they try something and lose the ball.
22:32, Thu 4 Jan
Miyoshi's a good player but he keeps getting played out on the wing and I don't think it suits him - not playing in England anyway. He ends up getting tightly marked by a faster, stronger fullback and he's got nothing to beat them. Play him at number 10 where he can drift around and drop into space so when he gets the ball, he can turn and run at the defence. That's where he's at his best.
22:32, Thu 4 Jan
Yeah Hughes was magic, but Trev used to bench him and lot and then Brucie flogged him far too soon.

I wonder if it is an identity thing, it's true our fans don't seem to take to flair players as much as passion merchants.
02:28, Fri 5 Jan
tebily
other examples

Bela
Halilovic
Ivan Sanchez
Villalba

All 'good on their day' players and nothing more

Awww, I really liked Bela. Bit tight on him.
03:11, Fri 5 Jan
It’s because most of our fans are “get into them eff em off” like me from the late 80’s early 90’s generation. Any player that tries something is lambasted and needs just to get in the box for Jukey
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
06:51, Fri 5 Jan
Icm2023
Sunik

Because our fans moan when they try something and lose the ball.

A good example of this is with Bacuna. He gets a lot of stick at times for “doing too much” or “trying to be too clever”
07:06, Fri 5 Jan
Sunik
Yeah Hughes was magic, but Trev used to bench him and lot and then Brucie flogged him far too soon.

Bruce didn't sell him , his contract was up and he didn't accept the new one and went to Charlton on a free.
07:11, Fri 5 Jan
Dugarry did alright
08:00, Fri 5 Jan
Miyoshi is definitely not a flair player, got a great first touch and lovely weight of pass same ilk as Bernardo Silva / David Silva but obviously not on that level. isn't gonna go and do a load of step over and beat a man with skill and pace but will glide past players with timed runs and well executed first touches.