08:07, Fri 5 Jan
Lazaridis wasn't a flair player.
The cold never bothered me anyway
08:15, Fri 5 Jan
We are too lightweight with Dembele and Miyoshi playing especially when you add Bacuna as well into the mix who does to be fair mix in more than the first two. Again, harking back to our possession stats if our midfielders and defenders had the ball more often then we could get away with it but when you are busy either trying to win it back or pick up stray Ruddy kicks it just doesn't work.

I would argue putting Burke in did nothing to assist because for a big man he doesn't get stuck in at all.

Dembele has been out of form and maybe one of those who Sanderson and Rooney accused of giving up against Leeds so maybe Koji should be preferred. He certainly has something different, albeit I agree with other posters that he isn't a flair player.
08:17, Fri 5 Jan
Frank Worthington did more than ok. Now there was a true flair player.
08:26, Fri 5 Jan
Rasputin
Lazaridis wasn't a flair player.

Also agree, Stan was run all the way to the touchline as fast as possible and swing a good cross in. he had this ability to get a cross in right on the line.
08:33, Fri 5 Jan
The key for me with the so called flair players is decision making.
I ain't that bothered if Dembele never tries a triple stepover again in his career or if Bacuna consigns back-heels to history.
They're both exciting when they pick the ball up and carry it with pace and we all know they can beat their man ....... it's at that point that they can become so much better.
Look for an easy one-two .... shoot ..... cross it... carry it into space but don't continually disappear up their own ass-holes trying to beat man after man. Get yer head up and be a better team player. Help us retain possession, play yer team mate in early.Don't pretend you ain't seen him !
Those two are more than capable, they've got ample ability but a bit more composure and using what's between their lug-holes more would benefit more than a mazy dribble which very often goes nowhere.
To be fair Bacuna lately has shown what a good player he is. When he does he's a very important asset for us and can be one of the leaders we all crave.
Dembele needs to use his loaf more.
As for Myoshi I do think he's best in the 10 role and playing with Stansfield would be ideal.
Just disappointing if we lose that possibility and Stansfield moves elsewhere.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:35, Fri 5 Jan
tebily
other examples

Bela
Halilovic
Ivan Sanchez
Villalba

All 'good on their day' players and nothing more

Ah Halilovic now ripping it up for Fortuna Sittard, wonder if his Dad is content now?

Didn't realise he was from Dubrovnik so maybe the Sunjic song should have been his?
08:41, Fri 5 Jan
tebily
other examples

Bela
Halilovic
Ivan Sanchez
Villalba

Bela was a good player, would happily have that version of him in this team.

Same with Sanchez, he was crippled by playing under Karanka.

Halilovic is crap and Villalba is pussy whipped.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:43, Fri 5 Jan
Super Hans
tebily
other examples

Bela
Halilovic
Ivan Sanchez
Villalba

Can you put me down for a dose of that pussy-whipping please ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
08:46, Fri 5 Jan
It’ll cost ya
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:48, Fri 5 Jan
generalBlue
Super Hans
tebily
other examples

Bela
Halilovic
Ivan Sanchez
Villalba

Can you put me down for a dose of that pussy-whipping please ?

Me too if Mrs Villalba is dishing it out
08:53, Fri 5 Jan
Harsh on Miyoshi, 3 goals and 3 assists so far, first season in England and looked really good as a 10 behind Stanfield.
09:12, Fri 5 Jan
Super Hans
It’ll cost ya

Give a bloke a break .....only just passed pudding week !
09:15, Fri 5 Jan
I think there's definitely a cultural thing with us a fanbase historically and generally liking hard working, committed players over flair players.

Remember I used to have a row with a fella all the time near me in the Rowett days - he HATED David Cotterill - said he was lazy, no heart, never tracked back. I used to argue with him, that even if those things were true - could a team of grafters and chasers not carry 1 flair player if he continued to provide the goals and assists that Cotterill did? No - he wanted 11 Davis / Robbo / Keef type players
09:19, Fri 5 Jan
Hleb
Bentley
De Ridder
Jarosik

Pretty much Disasters although I do remember Jarosik scoring a cracking 25yd later winner at home to Bolton.
09:24, Fri 5 Jan
Can we think of any flair players that have been loved across the fan base?

Jose Dominguez springs to mind