10:35, Fri 5 Jan
Tony Mowbray is in line to replace Wayne Rooney as the new manager of Birmingham City - here we reflect on his title-winning spell at West Brom

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
10:42, Fri 5 Jan
“I have always thought it’s a spectator sport. I want the fans of the clubs I am managing to actually want to come to the stadium and know they are going to see a good game of football and their team score goals".

Too friggin right Tone.
10:47, Fri 5 Jan
Ok that’s it

I’m fully on board

Go ahead and hire him Tom.

[www.standard.co.uk]
10:51, Fri 5 Jan
Saw someone else say they're warming to Mowbray the more they read into him and hear about him.

Same. Gerrim in boys let's have it
10:54, Fri 5 Jan
One thing that struck me. If the players are incapable of playing the way Rooney and therefore Mowbray will want to play how is it going to change? Without 11 new first teamers.
10:55, Fri 5 Jan
mjd2505
Saw someone else say they're warming to Mowbray the more they read into him and hear about him.

Same. Gerrim in boys let's have it

Same

I saw his appointment as a bit of a steady Eddy - lay the foundations for the next manager, but the more I read, the more I'm getting excited.

Has been around long enough not to try and overhaul the style on day 1 - should have the respect of the players - won't take any bullshit - has experience of developing teams into good football.

If we get out recruitment right in January and the Summer, next year could be the one
10:55, Fri 5 Jan
Spike
“I have always thought it’s a spectator sport. I want the fans of the clubs I am managing to actually want to come to the stadium and know they are going to see a good game of football and their team score goals".

Too friggin right Tone.
Big Ange grew up wanting to be Mowbray
Tony Fantastico
Kumars Fashion Sense
One thing that struck me. If the players are incapable of playing the way Rooney and therefore Mowbray will want to play how is it going to change? Without 11 new first teamers.

They're not incapable of playing football, hope that helps.

Rooney-ball was a disorganised, open mess.
Tam
10:57, Fri 5 Jan
Kumars Fashion Sense

I'm assuming that Mowbray can be more pragmatic if needed, which I don't think would be a problem with the owners, given the chastening experience that the 'no fear' bollocks provided. Also, his experience suggests that he may well play to the strengths of the players. If it's Mowbray, I'd be really happy with this.
Make Blues Great Again
10:58, Fri 5 Jan
David Xavis
Kumars Fashion Sense

They're not incapable of playing football, hope that helps.

Rooney-ball was a disorganised, open mess.

Agreed - there will be some pragmatism from Mowbrary for sure. He's not going to have JOhn Ruddy playing like Ederson - he's not going to have Marc Roberts defendingn on the halfway line. He's not going to have his full backs as part of a front 5 with a sloth like Bielik protecting the width of the pitch from a counter.
11:03, Fri 5 Jan
Evolution, not revolution - dare I say it, it looks a great fit right now.
11:03, Fri 5 Jan
Evolution on the pitch, revolution off it
Kumars Fashion Sense

Mowbray doesn't strike me as a play it out from the back manager. Might be wrong.

I would bet good money on Mowbray picking the nearest team available to the one that beat Huddersfield and West Brom in Eustaces last days.

Buchanan in for Longelo would be my only change. It might be a bit harsh on Aiwu and James will most likely have been sold by then.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
Kumars Fashion Sense

Rooney isnt very good at coaching
Kumars Fashion Sense

Mowbray doesn't strike me as a play it out from the back manager. Might be wrong.

I would bet good money on Mowbray picking the nearest team available to the one that beat Huddersfield and West Brom in Eustaces last days.

Buchanan in for Longelo would be my only change. It might be a bit harsh on Aiwu but Long had done nothing wrong and James will most likely have been sold by then.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988