Re: Big Tones

22:00, Tue 9 Jan
Big listener to podcasts and the amount of positivity for and about this guy is something else! Hibs fans calling him their favourite ever manager, Sunderland reporter (also a fan) saying he’s the best bloke he’s ever met in football as a person then waxing lyrical about him as a manager!

I’m very excited now, very excited!
22:00, Tue 9 Jan
What an absolute legend. The best new manager interview at Blues since Rowett.
22:08, Tue 9 Jan
That was an interview full of integrity, humility and if I was a Blues player would make me think I want to play for you.
22:27, Tue 9 Jan
KES
Go on Tone!
22:29, Tue 9 Jan
KES
"I don't come into buildings and tell everybody how great I am, I try to expose my vulnerabilities, and that way everyone wants to band together and thinks that this is a guy with honesty, with integrity, that they want to help"

Makes Rooney sound like a bad dream. There's no way on this earth Rooney was the sort to let his players see him as vulnerable or fallible. Players will want to fight for a manager they know isn't going to hang them out to dry because he's open with them that he doesn't think he's god's gift either.

I'm in love. TM <3
22:36, Tue 9 Jan
derbyblue
integrity, honesty, humility, build a culture - core human life traits - words that clearly shape his dynamic

seemed to avoid the use of uttering current footballing cliches - a considered first interview

this is a footballing father figure - a voice of man-management experience with a wealth of games at this level under his belt

like someone has said in an earlier comment, if he can’t succeed here right here right now there’s likely few who could

Saved me a few mins typing there. Cheers

Tony is the one boys. Dare I say it feels different this time? Up the Blues.
22:41, Tue 9 Jan
Seems like he's Tom Wagner's man too. Alignment of the owner and manager is vital for success. I reckon this is going to work. Bring on Saturday.
23:12, Tue 9 Jan
He comes across as such a genuine bloke, someone you could sit in the pub with for hours talking about football. I have no doubts he’ll get us towards the right end of the table.
23:13, Tue 9 Jan
BlueSteve
That was an interview full of integrity, humility and if I was a Blues player would make me think I want to play for you.

That’s a key point for me, this is somebody the players are going to want to play for and that can take you a long way.
06:38, Wed 10 Jan
KES
Now that’s a proper man manager

This is exactly what I want to hear from a Blues Manager.. he’s one of us already

Up the Tom & Tone

💙
06:57, Wed 10 Jan
KES
This is a good interview and I’ll need to read/watch the many things shared on this forum the last week as I’m going to give him my full support.
07:30, Wed 10 Jan
Between the interview and pics/vids from training I haven't seen the bugger smile. That worries me. He’s usually quite jovial.
07:47, Wed 10 Jan
Gwarrrn Tony. …. Happy days!!! It’s 7:45 in the morning & this tune just cane into my head…

08:08, Wed 10 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Between the interview and pics/vids from training I haven't seen the bugger smile. That worries me. He’s usually quite jovial.

He’s in awe of his new beautiful surroundings

😉
08:36, Wed 10 Jan
Needs a pack of Revels above the interviewers head. Dangle that carrot for Tony