17:16, Mon 8 Jan
Liam of Brum
Icm2023
Nice to see him sitting on the fence with how he feels about his squad.

[x.com]

Same as what Wayne was doing.

In the modern game you just should not be blaming your players. Always find a positive spin no matter what happens on the pitch.

Players need to be loved and wanted. The wages are never enough. Put your arm around them and build a team ethic. Slagging your players to the media does not work these days and its always a recipe for disaster.
This. Everyone seems to love Deeney but I am not to sure. I'll be surprised if he lasts another 12 months.
17:22, Mon 8 Jan
Not much love for him on this thread
17:42, Mon 8 Jan
BlueSA
Don't know him but think I might have met his sister Tess.

Think I met his brother Gabbier - played up in Derby.
18:57, Mon 8 Jan
I don't always understand why you cannot call the players out. There are 11 of them against one manager. As we have seen over years it can be the players who decide to down tools which ends up with the manager getting sacked.

Perhaps some of these new managers who are recently retired players should also remember what goes around as well.
19:21, Mon 8 Jan
Elgeneral
I don't always understand why you cannot call the players out. There are 11 of them against one manager. As we have seen over years it can be the players who decide to down tools which ends up with the manager getting sacked.

Perhaps some of these new managers who are recently retired players should also remember what goes around as well.
You seem to perfectly understand why managers can’t call players out
Tony Fantastico
06:52, Sun 14 Jan
Click on the lads profile, some stern words from TD

[x.com]
08:08, Sun 14 Jan
Elgeneral

It leaves you nowhere to go

Imagine you're a FG player after hearing that, are you more likely to see him as a credible leader and take on board his coaching next week or not. You'd probably think this bloke is a prick, this isn't how you help us improve.
09:18, Sun 14 Jan
Yea it’s only going to end badly.

You can call players out but you need to be careful, Pep does it occasionally and usually gets the right response.

You probably need some credit in the bank to get away with it, and do it constructively.

Interesting that Reece Brown still doesn’t give a shit 10 years later though
09:49, Sun 14 Jan
I’m with Troy. Feck these pampered pussies. I’m sick of em.
10:50, Sun 14 Jan
Full interview here [www.bbc.co.uk] possibly the most damning assessment of a professional football club players I've ever heard from a 'manager', lazy, sloppy, I'll play youth, nonsense, sledgehammers coming out, too many babies, players late, boring, pathetic, player dropped on live radio... not sure if this style of management is going to work, interesting to see how it develops
10:51, Sun 14 Jan
Funny how it’s always someone else’s fault with Deeney lately. Yet maybe he’s the problem or atleast a part of it
Tony Fantastico
10:52, Sun 14 Jan
Yep, reminds me of Cotterill a bit, a bully who can’t manage a team for shit.

Nice to see he’s still a chunt, so happy he’s not here anymore.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:02, Sun 14 Jan
sandpit72
Full interview here [www.bbc.co.uk] possibly the most damning assessment of a professional football club players I've ever heard from a 'manager', lazy, sloppy, I'll play youth, nonsense, sledgehammers coming out, too many babies, players late, boring, pathetic, player dropped on live radio... not sure if this style of management is going to work, interesting to see how it develops

Rooney did the same - albeit slightly more restrained, but blamed everyone, slagged the players, and it just doesn’t work anymore. You lose the fans and you lose the players, and you end up losing your job.

I’m seeing old school managers get drummed out of non league in favour of modern coaches, so there’s no chance of this still being a viable way of managing a professional team in 2024
11:04, Sun 14 Jan
Super Hans
Yep, reminds me of Cotterill a bit, a bully who can’t manage a team for shit.

Nice to see he’s still a chunt, so happy he’s not here anymore.

This is a real shame, as Troy speaks very highly of you.
Up the feckin Blues