11:09, Wed 10 Jan
solicitors don't know if they are guilty or innocent when they take on the case as is proved in this show.
11:15, Wed 10 Jan
The solicitors featured on this episode didn't look very comfortable with what they were dealing with or being exposed to. I guess they were glad to see the back of it.
11:16, Wed 10 Jan
Worcester Blue
Gripping but so scary especially seeing the CCTV and how a situation can turn nasty so quickly

Wonder how the guy feels who survived it but appeared to start it with the punch?

Would Papworth have got less than 34 hours if he'd have pointed the finger from the get-go at his mate who did the stabbing and drove the BMW?

Don't know how those solicitors can defend such scum when it's obvious their clients did the crime

Or how the cops keep their cool to all the "no comments"

Worth noting, that it was Papworth in the Golf, who ran over an already paralysed, stab victim. He could have talked all he liked, but he was still getting a decent tariff. Rang up Long, presumably for back up. Burnt out his own car, presumably to get rid of forensics.

There seemed quite a bit missed from the program. There was a 41 year old passenger in the BMW, who got cleared halfway through trial, by the judge. And Papworth was found guilty of burning the car, perverting the course of justice, but the program didn't delve into the evidence gained to prove that offence. I guess you can only ram so much into a couple of hours worth of TV. Or there was certain evidence gathering, they didn't want aired.
11:27, Wed 10 Jan
I used to do some accounting for a criminal defence solicitor.

He said his main job was simply to guide his clients through the system. To make sure that people were charged appropriately on the evidence and not used to clear up unsolved crimes.
And to make sure they responded (and kept quiet) at the right points.
Many of them didn't understand the system and were at risk of being charged up through making intemperate statements in the custody suite.
Someone who was articulate and not angry would be treated much better at every stage.

He had a bout 30 years experience and did not make a fortune from it. The conveyancing work his wife did was significantly more profitable.
11:49, Wed 10 Jan
colinp
The solicitors do it just for the money just ask our future prime minister

Look who's been lapping up the smears in the right wing press.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:58, Wed 10 Jan
Lumbertubs
Lots of criminal legal work is done under legal aid so many solicitors/barristers that do this work don't actually get paid very well for it

Yes, typically ignorant comments from people. A lot of solicitors firm won’t do legal aid/criminal work any more because of the rates paid. People accused of crimes, innocent and guilty, are finding it increasingly difficult to get representation. People ought to be bothered about that but they choose to be ignorant and prejudiced instead.
12:03, Wed 10 Jan
Sadly it's the same mindset as those who want to get rid of human rights and have us leave the ECHR.

It's removing rights from other people. The concept that it might be their own rights that are lost doesn't compute to people like that.
12:06, Wed 10 Jan
666VAN
Worcester Blue
Gripping but so scary especially seeing the CCTV and how a situation can turn nasty so quickly

Wonder how the guy feels who survived it but appeared to start it with the punch?

Would Papworth have got less than 34 hours if he'd have pointed the finger from the get-go at his mate who did the stabbing and drove the BMW?

Don't know how those solicitors can defend such scum when it's obvious their clients did the crime

Or how the cops keep their cool to all the "no comments"

Worth noting, that it was Papworth in the Golf, who ran over an already paralysed, stab victim. He could have talked all he liked, but he was still getting a decent tariff. Rang up Long, presumably for back up. Burnt out his own car, presumably to get rid of forensics.

There seemed quite a bit missed from the program. There was a 41 year old passenger in the BMW, who got cleared halfway through trial, by the judge. And Papworth was found guilty of burning the car, perverting the course of justice, but the program didn't delve into the evidence gained to prove that offence. I guess you can only ram so much into a couple of hours worth of TV. Or there was certain evidence gathering, they didn't want aired.

Thanks for that,
The 3rd person arrested on the show who would only 'no comment 'until he seen the footage, it appeared he would be let off as eventually came across as a decent guy.
Why was he held for 3 months?
14:37, Wed 10 Jan
I would guess that he was held on remand until he divulged what he knew. He went there for some reason that night and somebody must've picked Papworth up after he burnt his car out.
15:12, Wed 10 Jan
Only watched this today.
Crazy what can escalate from such a small Incident in a pub.
So needless and so many lives ruined at the same time.
On a other note, Love this programme, always gripping viewing every time.
15:48, Wed 10 Jan
The one with the bent cop from 2 or 3 years ago was one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen. Not as good as Newcastle 1, Blues 5 but it was good all the same.
15:54, Wed 10 Jan
the one with the black widow was good too
15:55, Wed 10 Jan
Was that the one with the drugs gang where the policewoman was feeding them information?
16:01, Wed 10 Jan
This one.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
16:28, Wed 10 Jan
Ah, not seen that one.

Just watched the double murder one and I'm just depressed as to the mindset of these people.

The small crumb of comfort is that they'll have to serve the full tariff before being considered for parole.