16:28, Wed 10 Jan
Rasputin
Was that the one with the drugs gang where the policewoman was feeding them information?

I think that was The Detectives: Taking Down an OCG
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
16:49, Wed 10 Jan
Westbo90
Only watched this today.
Crazy what can escalate from such a small Incident in a pub.
So needless and so many lives ruined at the same time.
On a other note, Love this programme, always gripping viewing every time.
Watched it last night.

Can’t work out for the life of me why Bennison used such violence.
In the footage of the stabbing he showed massive intent that he was trying to kill Mason.
He went for his neck first strike.Then stabbed him another 7 times.
He had already stabbed 2 people to death!!.
Over what Ffs?.
16:52, Wed 10 Jan
And he wasn't even involved in the original pub incident !
17:58, Wed 10 Jan
It’s scary that these kind of people are out there.
18:36, Wed 10 Jan
Sunik
Making (lots of) money out of protecting bad people makes you a bad person.

Think you need to read the secret barrister and educate yourself instead of The Daily Mail.
18:39, Wed 10 Jan
Westbo90
And he wasn't even involved in the original pub incident !

Sadly neither was the second murder victim.

I still can't get my head around what actually happened for it to end up like that.
The cold never bothered me anyway
22:34, Wed 10 Jan
Shaun of Brum
666VAN
Worcester Blue
Gripping but so scary especially seeing the CCTV and how a situation can turn nasty so quickly

Wonder how the guy feels who survived it but appeared to start it with the punch?

Would Papworth have got less than 34 hours if he'd have pointed the finger from the get-go at his mate who did the stabbing and drove the BMW?

Don't know how those solicitors can defend such scum when it's obvious their clients did the crime

Or how the cops keep their cool to all the "no comments"

Worth noting, that it was Papworth in the Golf, who ran over an already paralysed, stab victim. He could have talked all he liked, but he was still getting a decent tariff. Rang up Long, presumably for back up. Burnt out his own car, presumably to get rid of forensics.

There seemed quite a bit missed from the program. There was a 41 year old passenger in the BMW, who got cleared halfway through trial, by the judge. And Papworth was found guilty of burning the car, perverting the course of justice, but the program didn't delve into the evidence gained to prove that offence. I guess you can only ram so much into a couple of hours worth of TV. Or there was certain evidence gathering, they didn't want aired.

Thanks for that,
The 3rd person arrested on the show who would only 'no comment 'until he seen the footage, it appeared he would be let off as eventually came across as a decent guy.
Why was he held for 3 months?

Curtis Long. Looks like he got nicked/remanded close to 13th November, and released 6th January.

People will have conflicting views on him. Exercised his right to remain silent. Answered the phone from Papworth,turned up, unfortunately for him, also in a silver BMW. The Police made it clear to him, that he was well and truly in the frame, and could do with talking himself out of it. Some people will think he was right not to talk, as he may have dropped his pal in it.... Some people will think he should have told them the content of the phone call, and his actions and intentions.

There's aspects of the crime that weren't covered by CCTV... like repeated attempts of both Bennison in his BMW and Papworth in the Golf, attempting to run the Three over. So I suspect the Police thought that Long was at least involved in the 'attempted' murder aspect. I suppose their other theory would be the content of the phone call.... If Papworth says "I'm going to kill them, get yourself up here" and Long turns up to help, whether he gets there in time or not, he's part of a conspiracy to murder.

Be interesting to see if he goes down the route of a wrongful arrest claim, and whether his no comment interview, which he's entitled to, affects his claim.
JCL
09:52, Thu 11 Jan
Of this your kind of tv program then it might be worth you checking out this YouTube channel.

[youtube.com]

Raw footage from American police interviews with analysis and other deep dives into some truly shocking crimes.

They are pretty long.
Everything in moderation, even moderation.
10:25, Thu 11 Jan
Shaun of Brum
666VAN
Worcester Blue
Gripping but so scary especially seeing the CCTV and how a situation can turn nasty so quickly

Wonder how the guy feels who survived it but appeared to start it with the punch?

Would Papworth have got less than 34 hours if he'd have pointed the finger from the get-go at his mate who did the stabbing and drove the BMW?

Don't know how those solicitors can defend such scum when it's obvious their clients did the crime

Or how the cops keep their cool to all the "no comments"

Worth noting, that it was Papworth in the Golf, who ran over an already paralysed, stab victim. He could have talked all he liked, but he was still getting a decent tariff. Rang up Long, presumably for back up. Burnt out his own car, presumably to get rid of forensics.

There seemed quite a bit missed from the program. There was a 41 year old passenger in the BMW, who got cleared halfway through trial, by the judge. And Papworth was found guilty of burning the car, perverting the course of justice, but the program didn't delve into the evidence gained to prove that offence. I guess you can only ram so much into a couple of hours worth of TV. Or there was certain evidence gathering, they didn't want aired.

Thanks for that,
The 3rd person arrested on the show who would only 'no comment 'until he seen the footage, it appeared he would be let off as eventually came across as a decent guy.
Why was he held for 3 months?

Curtis Long. Looks like he got nicked/remanded close to 13th November, and released 6th January.

People will have conflicting views on him. Exercised his right to remain silent. Answered the phone from Papworth,turned up, unfortunately for him, also in a silver BMW. The Police made it clear to him, that he was well and truly in the frame, and could do with talking himself out of it. Some people will think he was right not to talk, as he may have dropped his pal in it.... Some people will think he should have told them the content of the phone call, and his actions and intentions.

There's aspects of the crime that weren't covered by CCTV... like repeated attempts of both Bennison in his BMW and Papworth in the Golf, attempting to run the Three over. So I suspect the Police thought that Long was at least involved in the 'attempted' murder aspect. I suppose their other theory would be the content of the phone call.... If Papworth says "I'm going to kill them, get yourself up here" and Long turns up to help, whether he gets there in time or not, he's part of a conspiracy to murder.

Be interesting to see if he goes down the route of a wrongful arrest claim, and whether his no comment interview, which he's entitled to, affects his claim.

On the information presented, I’d say that the arrest was lawful - the circumstances gave rise to reasonable suspicion that he had committed offences. The decision by the CPS to charge him would be based on a threshold of there being a realistic prospect of a conviction and that it would be in the public interest to prosecute. His ‘no comment’ interview will have been considered, because it doesn’t amount to a denial. It may also have been based upon anticipation of further evidence being obtained.

A review once the investigation had progressed would have led to the decision to discontinue proceedings against him - likely to be the evidential burden in this case. My opinion, as you’ve alluded, is that he was part of the conspiracy, but proving it beyond all reasonable doubt would have been unlikely. I doubt he’d be successful with any litigation.

Great telly.
10:57, Thu 11 Jan
Shaun of Brum

38 years no parole AND to have an Oli Burke type beard.

All part of trying to look Rock Hard these days
20:00, Thu 11 Jan
The irony being that the guy who survived started the whole thing and indirectly caused his best mates death, the other guy killed wasn’t even in the pub and the double murderer wasn’t even involved in the original altercation. How bonkers is that!
Luton/Bedford is working class.
Ban vodka and brandy for sale after 7 pm.
Also ban cutlery sales.
Compulsory boxing lessons for boys aged 4-16.
18:55, Mon 15 Jan
The one with the bent cop from 2 or 3 years ago was one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen.

This one's on tonight, for those who haven't seen it.
19:15, Mon 15 Jan
Miguelagenn
The one with the bent cop from 2 or 3 years ago was one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen.

This one's on tonight, for those who haven't seen it.

Worth knowing since these are rarely repeated and there’s only a handful of episodes ever available to stream
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
19:17, Mon 15 Jan
As the saying goes, don't blame the clown for acting like a clown; ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.