11:18, Wed 10 Jan
Well for a left back that doesn’t track his player, gets caught out of position,ambles back, doesn’t cut out crosses and doesn’t read the game there is huge room for improvement.

I also think Burke doesn’t track back enough, looks disinterested at times and equally as lazy as Longelo. More chance for Burke to improve as it’s about effort for him. Longelo just seems like a stupid footballer. Time will tell.
Dan
11:19, Wed 10 Jan
Longelo is shit.
11:19, Wed 10 Jan
Dan
You say it better than me.
11:22, Wed 10 Jan
Even the clips of him at Forest highlight how little technical ability he has, you can almost see him thinking whilst he's trying to dribble, his legs look disconnected from his body and clumsy, most the time he's out of control and the ball gets stuck underneath his feet.

I think he got an incredibly lucky break with his move to Germany and has managed to carve a career for himself off the back of that.

This is based of absolutely nothing and I might be wrong but he doesn't strike me as somebody who would have any interest in football whatsoever if he wasn't a footballer (used loosely).
11:25, Wed 10 Jan
Dan
😂😂
11:45, Wed 10 Jan
Old Renshaw
His only footballing attribute is that he can run , quickly...

Nothing else really.... His final ball into the box is like one of my drives off the tee.....

For all this talk of his pace I can't remember him skinning a full-back
11:52, Wed 10 Jan
As soon as someone says 'lazy', or simply 'shit', they've lost the argument.

Longelo has a languid style, which can look like he perhaps isn't running as fast as others. Interested to hear your thoughts on Aiwu if you think Longelo is lazy, considering some of the goals we've conceded and his position, and sprint to get back...
11:54, Wed 10 Jan
Formerly Deckchair

Longelo has a languid style, which can look like he perhaps isn't running as fast as others. Interested to hear your thoughts on Aiwu if you think Longelo is lazy, considering some of the goals we've conceded and his position, and sprint to get back...

Yep, totally agree with this. I like him, he is still young and learning and hopefully if Cole stays (i don't care either way btw), Longelo will improve
11:55, Wed 10 Jan
Lets cut to the chase can we send Burke BACK .
12:07, Wed 10 Jan
bluebone

Agree with this as well. I don't think he gives a to55 about playing football anymore when you look at the cringe that his his relationship.
12:42, Wed 10 Jan
bluebone

We' get Oli whilst Hull loan Carvalho
12:43, Wed 10 Jan
Burke isn't our player so largely whether it is attitude, footballing brain, confidence or ability that is the problem is not really our conundrum to solve. Unless it costs more to send him back than keep him then it seems entirely logically to replace him with a different loanee.

Aiwu possibly needs time under a different manager and with Roberts and Long injury prone is a necessity at the moment albeit I wouldn't be gutted if we cut his loan short either if we could find an alternative in January.

Longelo is possibly a wing back, probably isn't a full back and could be a winger again. With our lack of wide options and Dembele's form up and down he would be an option. I personally have little faith in him defensively albeit there have been games he has performed well.
12:47, Wed 10 Jan
I personally don’t think longelo is that good, but he’s definitely ok enough as a wingback. He’s pretty poor playing in a back 4 though, and i agree with what someone else said about he doesn’t really track runs, close the wingers down or stop crosses coming in.
12:47, Wed 10 Jan
I’ll do my best
14:53, Wed 10 Jan
110sausages
Formerly Deckchair

Yep, totally agree with this. I like him, he is still young and learning and hopefully if Cole stays (i don't care either way btw), Longelo will improve

Can we bin off this idea that a player will be improved by a coach who played directly in their position? None of the forwards improved under Rooney and I wouldn't have expected it to work like that anyway. By all accounts Cole isn't a defensive coach. Similarly with O'Shea, I don't think he's gonna improve any of our CBs or RBs.

I also think Longelo is crap, he's 23 so not even that young really, he's never impressed me and is undoubtedly a defensive liability. I can't see him sticking around if we're gonna get to being a good side.