13:57, Wed 10 Jan
Right, I've run out of unread books so I need to stock up. Had some excellent recommendations last time, of which these were the absolute bees knees:

Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead
Station 11 - Emily St John Mandel
Say Nothing - Patrick Radden Keefe
East West Street - Philippe Sands
Spy & The Traitor - Ben McIntyre
Feast Of The Goat - Mario Vargas Llosa

Anyone with any recommendations - either of similar ilk or vastly different - please let me know. All I would ask is that I'm not overly interested in Sports or Music books at the minute as I have read a shed load of them over the last few years, unless it's a belter/unsung book which I should try/may have missed.

Cheers for any (moderately sensible) replies.
14:00, Wed 10 Jan
Vastly different -

Too Much Too Young: The 2 Tone Records Story: Rude Boys, Racism and the Soundtrack of a Generation
14:00, Wed 10 Jan
Right, I've run out of unread books so I need to stock up. Had some excellent recommendations last time, of which these were the absolute bees knees:

Anyone with any recommendations - either of similar ilk or vastly different - please let me know. All I would ask is that I'm not overly interested in Sports or Music books at the minute as I have read a shed load of them over the last few years, unless it's a belter/unsung book which I should try/may have missed.

Scepticism Inc. ... Bo Fowler

[www.goodreads.com] (every single review is positive - but don't read too many - there are some spoilers in there)

My second favourite book of all time - loved by those who have read it, looks of puzzlement from those who haven't when you talk about it
14:02, Wed 10 Jan
Kitchen Confidential - Anthony Bourdain
14:04, Wed 10 Jan
Congo Diary - Che Guevara
The Wonga Coup - Adam Roberts

I've been reading about war and stuff in Africa, these were decent.
14:05, Wed 10 Jan
2 boxing books.
Journeymen- Mark Turley
The Road to Nowhere- Tris Dixon
Tony Fantastico
14:07, Wed 10 Jan
2 boxing books.
Journeymen- Mark Turley

Did you miss the part when he asked for non-sports books ? ....

i do agree with The Road To Nowhere though - great read
14:08, Wed 10 Jan
Rags
2 boxing books.
Journeymen- Mark Turley

Did you miss the part when he asked for non-sports books ? ....

i do agree with The Road To Nowhere though - great read
Ha. Yes I did. Only saw the thread title. Had to work hard today. Horrible. Just got home
Tony Fantastico
14:13, Wed 10 Jan
Cheers

What's your favourite book?
14:27, Wed 10 Jan
number8
All I would ask is that I'm not overly interested in Sports or Music books at the minute as I have read a shed load of them over the last few years, unless it's a belter/unsung book which I should try/may have missed.

Sorry it is music, but if you've not not read, I would recommend Miki Berenyi - Fingers Crossed: How Music Saved Me from Success
We've only got Chewits
14:32, Wed 10 Jan
number8

If you liked Station 11, Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel is also very good.
14:34, Wed 10 Jan
Yeah, I loved that so much I bought the two after, both excellent (Glass Hotel is the other one).
14:35, Wed 10 Jan
No worries, om the list!
14:36, Wed 10 Jan
Scepticism Inc. ... Bo Fowler

[www.goodreads.com] (every single review is positive - but don't read too many - there are some spoilers in there)

My second favourite book of all time - loved by those who have read it, looks of puzzlement from those who haven't when you talk about it

That looks good actually, might have a look at that

What's your favourite?
Happy Clapper
14:38, Wed 10 Jan
Can't recall if I recommended any of these the last time. Apols if I did.

Random family - Adrian Nicole LeBlanc
In other rooms, other wonders - Daniyal Mueenuddin
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter - Mario Vargas Llosa
Going Infinite - Michael Lewis
Smells like Dead Elephants - Matt Taibbi