17:51, Wed 10 Jan
Dave
If you enjoy your high fantasy/ world building type series, then I am reading the blade itself part of the First Law trilogy.

Highly recommend.

If you’ve not read them, the Dresden Files are great in this sort of line
17:57, Wed 10 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
El Mayor
Congo Diary - Che Guevara
The Wonga Coup - Adam Roberts

I've been reading about war and stuff in Africa, these were decent.

If you're into African political stuff, I'd highly recommend all of Michaela Wrong's books, especially "In the footsteps of Mr Kutz". She's superb.

Might want to try Shadow of the Sun by Ryszard Kapuscinski

He was a really good writer but does come with a caveat that there are some questions marks over where his books sit between fact and fiction.
[www.channel4.com]
19:01, Wed 10 Jan
TheHeath
Fly Fishing - J R Hartley

Joking aside what’s the name of the book about late Victorian football in Birmingham?
20:07, Wed 10 Jan
TheHeath
TheHeath

Joking aside what’s the name of the book about late Victorian football in Birmingham?

Aston Villa Annual
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
20:20, Wed 10 Jan
Wolf Hall
Bring up the Bodies
The mirror and the Light

Thomas Cromwell trilogy by Hilary Mantel - Once you get into it its superb
Miguelagenn
Vastly different -

Too Much Too Young: The 2 Tone Records Story: Rude Boys, Racism and the Soundtrack of a Generation

Whilst an interesting book with so good info ( who knew most of the specials were middle class oinks) some of the writing by the author is pretentious codswallop.

The journeymen is a good read so is The wrestling.

Had the audio book of the satsuma complex and really enjoyed it but I think it helped that bob mortimer was reading it.

Fiction book just finished The silent patient. Wouldn't bother if I was you.

Really enjoying Holly by stephen king at the moment and if you have read Mr Mercedes it is a good follow on.

Roger mellies profanasurus is always available anywhere anytime.
20:36, Wed 10 Jan
If you enjoy your high fantasy/ world building type series, then I am reading the blade itself part of the First Law trilogy.

Highly recommend.

Loved this trilogy. Some genuine laugh out loud moments.
20:48, Wed 10 Jan
Some older stuff you might want to consider…

Post Office - Charles Bukowski (or any Bukowski novel or short story collection)
Espedair Street - Iain Banks
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
The Psychopath Test - Jon Ronson
Fermat’s Last Theorum - Simon Singh
20:50, Wed 10 Jan
I recently read Lessons by Ian McEwan and found that quite moving.

2023 was a bit of a lean year for me literary wise, I read a lot but I'm getting more impatient the older I become. Reading A Passge to India by E.M. Forster on the daily commute was another highlight though and one I'd recommend if you haven't already.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
21:00, Wed 10 Jan
If you've not done so the other Colston Whitehead books are good (but not as good as underground railroad IMHO)
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
21:02, Wed 10 Jan
Adam Roberts - Stone
High concept sci-fi
I have Holly ready to read, was a bit sceptical as I wasn't massively keen on the Mr Mercedes series.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:35, Wed 10 Jan
jefflynneshair
I recently read Lessons by Ian McEwan and found that quite moving.

2023 was a bit of a lean year for me literary wise, I read a lot but I'm getting more impatient the older I become. Reading A Passge to India by E.M. Forster on the daily commute was another highlight though and one I'd recommend if you haven't already.
Plus there’s your book of course in your signature
Tony Fantastico
21:50, Wed 10 Jan
Any book written by Ian Rankin, Lee Child or Lynda Le Plante.
22:36, Wed 10 Jan
Louie Donowa
TheHeath
TheHeath

Aston Villa Annual

Do you get a free DVB tracksuit in the centre pages and instead of Sam Fox on page 3 Samantha Cameron