11:32, Fri 12 Jan
Yeah, he may have been offered an alternative role at Blues but he ain’t been sacked as far as I know

He’s tried his best, loves the club, was in a position probably out of his skill set but kept fire fighting at a period no one could’ve ran the club in a proper way
11:35, Fri 12 Jan
Yeah, he may have been offered an alternative role at Blues but he ain’t been sacked as far as I know

He’s tried his best, loves the club, was in a position probably out of his skill set but kept fire fighting at a period no one could’ve ran the club in a proper way

yes, and the fact that they are making the position redundant AFTER he has left .... rather than before he left and forcing him to take redundancy..... is, in my opinion, a plus point there for Garry Cook (on the face of it)
11:42, Fri 12 Jan
On the face of it would seem he's been managed out of the business. Would have been on a 6 month notice period more than likely, Cook comes in, assesses the senior leadership team, realises they dont need a CEO and MD, politely tells him to get himself sorted for the new year, Dutton helps with the transition, does his 6 months and leaves
11:43, Fri 12 Jan
it does say he's decided to leave, and he hadnt been doing the MD's job since Cook came in.

he was essentially demoted due to the structure changes, so probably fancies a bigger job again having had a taste of it.
11:47, Fri 12 Jan
Maybe - although I wouldn't hold much stock in the "decided to leave" line

Pretty standard fare when Executives leave the boardroom, and was probably agreed as part of the departure

Just speculation though
11:48, Fri 12 Jan
He will still be around for a few months by the sounds of it so think the notice period will have only just been activated.
Gazball?
11:49, Fri 12 Jan
I've dealt with Ian and while i think he was promoted beyond his capablilites, that's not his fault and he always where possible tried to do his best for blues. I would assume he has been compromised out, no shame in that as the company has moved on. Looks like they have made sure he is alright everyone leaves happy and he probably knew writing was on wall once Knighthead came along, and i wish him well.

What it does signal is the honeymoon period may now be over and others are probably looking over their shoulder - Cooks 30% not aligned with the project.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:50, Fri 12 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Maybe - although I wouldn't hold much stock in the "decided to leave" line

Pretty standard fare when Executives leave the boardroom, and was probably agreed as part of the departure

Just speculation though

When i 'decided to leave' a senior role i wrote my own announcement !
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Tam
11:54, Fri 12 Jan
I've only dealt with Ian once (via email) - I had an issue with the ticket office, and was waiting on the phone for over two hours until I was cut off. I emailed Ian, he emailed me straight back, and a very helpful person from the ticket office phoned me straight after that.Good luck to him in his future career.
Make Blues Great Again
11:55, Fri 12 Jan
I think he was offered something else within the club, you’re probably right his role wasn’t required anymore but he’s not been bombed out for a bad job as some are speculating
Thanks for your service and good luck in the future. KRO
12:00, Fri 12 Jan
Salford Blue
Good riddance.
😂
Tony Fantastico
12:01, Fri 12 Jan
newblue
Salford Blue
Good riddance.

Don’t know much about him either way, but I find this lack of sympathy and the number of fans who want to sack people all the time a bit off.
He’s got his reasons. Trust me
Tony Fantastico
12:33, Fri 12 Jan
Mozball
He will still be around for a few months by the sounds of it so think the notice period will have only just been activated.

Nope, was activated months ago.
13:18, Fri 12 Jan
El Mayor
Mozball

Nope, was activated months ago.

Interesting - must’ve known he was off at the open house. Wonder why the club decided now is the time to announce it given it was activated months ago and he’ll still be around for the “coming months”. Guessing it’s as his role will be visibly reduced over this time.
Gazball?