10:23, Thu 25 Jan
Whilst were on the theme of asking for travel advice, I wondered if anyone has any suggestions of where to visit, eat and drink in Belfast? Heading there soon so I wondered if the oracles on SHA could share some wisdom and knowledge! Thanks in advance!
10:26, Thu 25 Jan
Harp Bar, Duke of York, The Crown, Kelly's Cellars. Cathedral Quarter.

Fibber Magees for live music. Hyland Paddy are a great band.
10:27, Thu 25 Jan
Holohans for traditional Irish food, Bittles bar for the best Guinness in my opinion.
10:30, Thu 25 Jan
Both airports are good, gets you back to civilisation in about 45 minutes.
10:34, Thu 25 Jan
Spud u like for traditional Irish food
10:51, Thu 25 Jan
We went last month. Stayed at the Europa Hotel which is great. It's where all the celebs go, Clinton stayed there during the peace talks etc., mainly because it has a top-floor suite. Standard rooms were regular priced though, and very nice, and a bit different from the standard chains. Opposite the hotel is the Crown Liquor Saloon - a 19th century bar, with great little private booths, good if you'd like a little privacy.

The Titanic museum is also really good. Incredible building.

[www.titanicbelfast.com]

St George's Market is good for a wander around, and lots of great street food there too.

[visitbelfast.com]
11:09, Thu 25 Jan
Crown liquor saloon is a must visit. Little booths and a great atmosphere. Take the tour bus around the troubles as well. Its a couple of hours, up the falls, shankhill, Crumlin Road and the peace wall. Great commentary as well. Really enjoyed that.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
11:39, Thu 25 Jan
Cattellroadcorner
Crown liquor saloon is a must visit. Little booths and a great atmosphere. Take the tour bus around the troubles as well. Its a couple of hours, up the falls, shankhill, Crumlin Road and the peace wall. Great commentary as well. Really enjoyed that.

Yeah be sure to book a booth beforehand!
11:43, Thu 25 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Harp Bar, Duke of York, The Crown, Kelly's Cellars. Cathedral Quarter.

Fibber Magees for live music. Hyland Paddy are a great band.

Just the pubs that I was going to recommend! Dont go to Biddles bar if any of you DONT drink lol
Take a black cab tour
[belfastblackcabtours.co.uk]
St Georges Market for a Belfast Bap, or street food/arts (Queues are massive but worth it)
11:44, Thu 25 Jan
Do one of the Black Taxi tours. Great for learning more about the troubles.
11:50, Thu 25 Jan
Pop over to the Belfast Arena for an ice hockey game.
11:59, Thu 25 Jan
On top of what has been mentioned, John Hewitt is you are in to your craft ale. We didn’t go in as there was a massive queue but Dirty Onion next to Harp Bar was very lively.

Fly to City if you haven’t already booked, International doesnt have a rail link so its bus or a half hour taxi.
12:25, Thu 25 Jan
Shankill Road
Falls Road
Pop in the pubs on both just don't act the maggot.
Crumlin Jail
Jump on the city bus tour. Its really good and vey Interesting & shows you how close they live to each other.
Titanic museum also kills a couple of hours.

I really liked Belfast and will definately go again.
Glasgow is far more bigoted in my opinion.
12:36, Thu 25 Jan
I found the people funny and welcoming. A great bunch.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
13:09, Thu 25 Jan
Cattellroadcorner
I found the people funny and welcoming. A great bunch.

This. Lovely people. Lovely city.