09:00, Sun 4 Feb
Sheff W (A)
Blackburn (H)
Sunerlun (H)

Minimum 7 points needed

What says you ?
09:04, Sun 4 Feb
shd
Looking at the table, we might get away with 3 more wins and 3 draws.

We certainly need to win one of those games and draw another. So minimum 4 points.

I think we'll be ok though, and finish the season quite comfortably.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:04, Sun 4 Feb
shd
agree,

Blackburn are in real trouble atm, need to take advantage

One of the most interesting post match interviews ive ever heard after they banned Tomasson from speaking to the press pre match

[x.com]
09:05, Sun 4 Feb
shd
shd
Sheff W (A)
Blackburn (H)
Sunerlun (H)

Minimum 7 points needed

What says you ?

I would say you know very little.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:06, Sun 4 Feb
HackneyBlue
agree,

One of the most interesting post match interviews ive ever heard after they banned Tomasson from speaking to the press pre match

[x.com]

We do not NEED seven points from those games and the likelihood is we won't get them so why set unrealistic targets to get upset by.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:08, Sun 4 Feb
Yeah fair but to expect 6-7 points from those games doesn't feel unreasonable
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:11, Sun 4 Feb
I’d say 2 wins out the 3 would be an OK return.

Fancy us to win all three to be honest, thought we played well yesterday and Baggies generally beat everyone at home and tbh got lucky.
09:12, Sun 4 Feb
shd
Yeah we don’t need 7 points but obviously it would be great if we got them

Minimum of 4 required really, any less than that would be a concern considering our 3 after that are pretty tough
09:16, Sun 4 Feb
We are just fans posting opinions on message boards, those targets arent being given to the players, not sure whos going to be upset either

And its based on 3 of the clubs being in a spot of bother
09:29, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
HackneyBlue
agree,

[x.com]

We do not NEED seven points from those games and the likelihood is we won't get them so why set unrealistic targets to get upset by.
Getting close to must win games again.
That are rarely must win
Tony Fantastico
09:39, Sun 4 Feb
No games are guaranteed wins or losses, Sheffield and Blackburn are just as desperate for wins as we are, so are Sunderland if they want to stay in the play off picture, even though performance wise we are looking better, we can't score goals and that's a big worry
09:51, Sun 4 Feb
HackneyBlue
We are just fans posting opinions on message boards, those targets arent being given to the players, not sure whos going to be upset either

Absolutely this. I’m not sure why people are continually shot down for, shall we say, expressing some concern.

On the other hand, Ian, who is entitled to his opinion of course, suggests we might get away with 12 more points this season, which is certainly debatable, and that goes unquestioned by these same people.

Nothing is must-win and at no stage in the remainder of the season will we not have things in our own hands. Surely!

However, we need some points at some stage, and as people have pointed out we are about to play two teams in poor form and both in disarray off the field. Logic, to me at least, says that if we aren’t beating those sides, then people would be entitled to be concerned.
09:52, Sun 4 Feb
gerry1875
No games are guaranteed wins or losses, Sheffield and Blackburn are just as desperate for wins as we are, so are Sunderland if they want to stay in the play off picture, even though performance wise we are looking better, we can't score goals and that's a big worry

Fair.
09:58, Sun 4 Feb
shd
We very nearly beat West Brom. They should have had a red card and even without that, if Long’s header went in, I think we’d have defended deeper and kept them out. Fine margins.

The point is, we can compete with the top half teams in the league so we’ll be fine. We don’t need to go on a crazy run in order to stay up. We just need to pick up a few wins and I think we will fairly easily.
10:01, Sun 4 Feb
Redditch Blue
HackneyBlue

Absolutely this. I’m not sure why people are continually shot down for, shall we say, expressing some concern.

On the other hand, Ian, who is entitled to his opinion of course, suggests we might get away with 12 more points this season, which is certainly debatable, and that goes unquestioned by these same people.

Nothing is must-win and at no stage in the remainder of the season will we not have things in our own hands. Surely!

However, we need some points at some stage, and as people have pointed out we are about to play two teams in poor form and both in disarray off the field. Logic, to me at least, says that if we aren’t beating those sides, then people would be entitled to be concerned.

Don't misunderstand me.

'We might get away with 12 more points' is very different from 'we need 12 more points'.

What is really important is that we take points off those teams around us. We've got 6 games against those sides and we really don't want to be losing any of them.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.