15:16, Sun 4 Feb
Redditch Blue
IanT
Redditch Blue
HackneyBlue
We are just fans posting opinions on message boards, those targets arent being given to the players, not sure whos going to be upset either

And its based on 3 of the clubs being in a spot of bother

Absolutely this. I’m not sure why people are continually shot down for, shall we say, expressing some concern.

On the other hand, Ian, who is entitled to his opinion of course, suggests we might get away with 12 more points this season, which is certainly debatable, and that goes unquestioned by these same people.

Nothing is must-win and at no stage in the remainder of the season will we not have things in our own hands. Surely!

However, we need some points at some stage, and as people have pointed out we are about to play two teams in poor form and both in disarray off the field. Logic, to me at least, says that if we aren’t beating those sides, then people would be entitled to be concerned.

Don't misunderstand me.

'We might get away with 12 more points' is very different from 'we need 12 more points'.

What is really important is that we take points off those teams around us. We've got 6 games against those sides and we really don't want to be losing any of them.

I didn’t misunderstand you. Nowhere have I said that you said 12 more points would definitely be enough.
I very clearly repeated that you’d said we might only need another 12, which was debatable. Which it is. I mean, we may end up needing less than that.

What I do think is bollocks though as I said on another thread yesterday is the idea in some people’s heads (not yours of course) that the season is over. We are four points above the relegation zone with a third of the season to play. It’s obvious to anyone being sensible that the season is not over.

Agree. Definitely far from over.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
15:23, Sun 4 Feb
shd
Are we not giving Mowbray a set of free passes like some fans did for Rooney?
The cold never bothered me anyway
15:26, Sun 4 Feb
Just looked you didn't include yesterday's game. You said they would get a decent haul from the four games (four points) and that they would be within three points of us by the end of January (they weren't despite playing an extra game).

Football doesn't play out how we expect it will.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
16:17, Sun 4 Feb
shd
I don’t think 7 points is unrealistic. Expecting too much maybe, but we can beat Wednesday and Blackburn. Either way we need some wins quick, we’re too close to that trap door for my liking.
22:10, Sun 4 Feb
shd
We have a real good opportunity to pick up a good amount of points from those games, I fancy us to get 6-7 points
00:55, Mon 5 Feb
shd
Arguably seven points is possible if someone finds a pair of shooting boots. Right now though, I think we are more likely to get 3 or 4 points.
14:42, Mon 5 Feb
We're gonna win all three.
17:35, Mon 5 Feb
I think the next 2 are must wins against 2 poor sides, from the point of view of the league table and confidence after having played pretty well recently with little reward.
17:43, Mon 5 Feb
shd
...would take 5 points now 👍😤
Yep, think 5 points is what we'll get.
Tam
17:51, Mon 5 Feb
The side has shown in the first 11 games of the season that it has more quality than it's current league position suggests. The fifteen games under Rooney feels like an aberration, and it almost seems a 'forgotten' episode, apart from the miserable points haul, of course. In spite of that, we still have 32 points from 29 games. Even if we kept that points ratio going, it would give us 50/51 points, but I would be astonished if we didn't do substantially better than that.

I don't have much doubt that we'll be OK, but of course it's important to pick up points sooner rather than later. Nine would obviously be lovely, but four wouldn't be a disaster, particularly if they came in the next two games.
Make Blues Great Again
17:53, Mon 5 Feb
pridding
I think the next 2 are must wins against 2 poor sides, from the point of view of the league table and confidence after having played pretty well recently with little reward.

Hurrah! Was waiting for the first ‘must win of the season. Quite late this year.
17:53, Mon 5 Feb
shd
If we don’t get 9 points we’ll definitely get relegated causing Knighthead to sell up. I’m worried, this could be the end.
17:56, Mon 5 Feb
TrickyBlue
If we don’t get 9 points we’ll definitely get relegated causing Knighthead to sell up. I’m worried, this could be the end.

Lay off the drugs.
18:48, Mon 5 Feb
The only point tally I'd wager on is we won't get 8 points in the next 3 games!

:-)