23:24, Sun 4 Feb
I’m just looking at all the messages from the game and the details within. It seems to me that one of our players has yet again been subject to abuse based on the colour of his skin. The club have made a formal complaint, is there a thread on this?

I might have missed it wrapped in another thread (as is the SHA way). But I’m a little surprised there isn’t more anger that one of ours has been subjected to abuse based on pigmentation. If it’s true then Bacuna has been racially abused multiple times, why on earth would he want to stay here, and why would would anyone else want to come here.

Also, why aren’t we really pissed off about it? Again, I might have missed a thread but it’s certainly something that should be top of all threads, a player that is ours being abused because of the colour of his skin! I was raised believing we were a club of equality, we are the Zulu’s. We are all for multicultural acceptism, that’s why I love this club,

Again, I might have missed it, but I’m absolutely furious that one of our players has been racially abused, not just once, but multiple times. Makes me feel a little sick.
23:30, Sun 4 Feb
Yes it's in a couple.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
23:50, Sun 4 Feb
It was a Baggies fan that was racist, not one of ours, so I'm not sure why this incident looks bad on us as a club vs on West Brom.
00:15, Mon 5 Feb
He did receive abuse from our own as well
00:15, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
Yes it's in a couple.

Ahh, my bad, just thought it was worthy of its own thread.
00:22, Mon 5 Feb
I don't see why he'd want to leave the Blues after being racially abused by a West Brom fan ?

I also don't see why he would want to leave the Blues after being racially abused by one idiotic, racist, scumbag who would be a very brave man to even try and set foot in our ground again

He certainly hasn't had to put up with this shit 'multiple times' from his own fans (as your post suggests)

It was once (which is one time too many) But, I don't see why you feel that you need a major rethink on our fanbase, your reasons for following us, or the history we have that we should be rightly proud of because of one idiot.
00:46, Mon 5 Feb
Radavis
Charcy
Yes it's in a couple.

Ahh, my bad, just thought it was worthy of its own thread.

It has one. Green Blues official statement
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
07:38, Mon 5 Feb
I was discussing this with an Albion fan yesterday and they said...

"This Bacuna really wants to start focusing on his football, he wants to make it all about him and he's going to get fans targeting him. He should just ignore it and move on"

Just gobsmacked. Where do you go with that?

They then said it was unlike Albion because of the three degrees. I'm sorry, having three black players half a century ago counts for eff all today.

It's a response I've seen an awful lot from that fanbase this weekend.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
07:48, Mon 5 Feb
I'm stunned this sort of abuse not only still exists but seems to be on the rise.

I'm sure the "whys" must be many but I fail to understand it.
07:52, Mon 5 Feb
I’m sure he’ll get all the love he needs from a sell out crowd on 17th. Hope so.
08:08, Mon 5 Feb
I think leagues and clubs need to start taking more serious actions. After all they are failing to create a safe working environment for BAME players.

If that means we end up with empty grounds and multiple games ending early each week with points deductions or whatever the current protocol is, then so be it.
Nikola Zigic
I was discussing this with an Albion fan yesterday and they said...

"This Bacuna really wants to start focusing on his football, he wants to make it all about him and he's going to get fans targeting him. He should just ignore it and move on"

Just gobsmacked. Where do you go with that?

They then said it was unlike Albion because of the three degrees. I'm sorry, having three black players half a century ago counts for eff all today.

It's a response I've seen an awful lot from that fanbase this weekend.

I’ve heard similar from their fans since the game including an Albion fan on this forum. They seem to be making out that it’s Bacuna’s fault. Shame on them.
08:32, Mon 5 Feb
Everbluesince92
I think leagues and clubs need to start taking more serious actions. After all they are failing to create a safe working environment for BAME players.

If that means we end up with empty grounds and multiple games ending early each week with points deductions or whatever the current protocol is, then so be it.

I agree with that, plenty in this country seem happy to point the finger at La Liga and Serie A when it happens there. Our own house (as a country) is far from in order
08:37, Mon 5 Feb
It needs robust action from fans and stewards. If you see someone being racist, go and find a steward and point it out. Unless you’re looking for a fight never confront these people directly, it’s going to end in trouble and (probably) your experience ruined if things get agro.

These people have nothing better going on in their lives and find it funny that the player can’t do anything to them. They wouldn’t say a peep to them in the street, they’re cowards.
08:47, Mon 5 Feb
It needs robust action from fans and stewards. If you see someone being racist, go and find a steward and point it out. Unless you’re looking for a fight never confront these people directly, it’s going to end in trouble and (probably) your experience ruined if things get agro.

These people have nothing better going on in their lives and find it funny that the player can’t do anything to them. They wouldn’t say a peep to them in the street, they’re cowards.

Fine sentiments those - but they may butter no parsnips

"It needs robust action from fans and stewards. If you see someone being racist, go and find a steward and point it out."

A growing number of our fans wouldn't recognise a racist comment if it planted a burning cross in their forehead. It's media led, and it will get a lot lot worse as the year continues and the Govt deliberately uses sections of our society as scapegoats. Unortunately the message doesn't fall on deaf ears, people use it as confirmation that the things they hear and that are intimated elsewhere are acceptable (and unfortunately, true)