Nikola Zigic
I was discussing this with an Albion fan yesterday and they said...

"This Bacuna really wants to start focusing on his football, he wants to make it all about him and he's going to get fans targeting him. He should just ignore it and move on"

Just gobsmacked. Where do you go with that?

They then said it was unlike Albion because of the three degrees. I'm sorry, having three black players half a century ago counts for eff all today.

It's a response I've seen an awful lot from that fanbase this weekend.
I agree but let’s not pretend it’s just them. Our own fans have abused him and Deeney racially and you get people saying similar as they have . That we’re a diverse fanbase, the Zulu’s etc. That Deeney riles people. Bacuna is often singled out as a being a lazy, luxury player.
It’s nuts.
I’d compare it to saying a woman who has said she’s been sexually abused, has asked for it because of her low cut top, short skirt and the face she was flirting all night.
Tony Fantastico
Rags has pointed out weeks ago, and I agree with him, that there are racist posts on here quite regularly, rarely explicit, but thinly veiled……comments on players attire loaded with a heavy subtext for instance. Or opinions on fecking sitcoms. Snidey bastards. Some call it out, not many.
09:23, Mon 5 Feb
Radavis
I’m just looking at all the messages from the game and the details within. It seems to me that one of our players has yet again been subject to abuse based on the colour of his skin. The club have made a formal complaint, is there a thread on this?

I might have missed it wrapped in another thread (as is the SHA way). But I’m a little surprised there isn’t more anger that one of ours has been subjected to abuse based on pigmentation. If it’s true then Bacuna has been racially abused multiple times, why on earth would he want to stay here, and why would would anyone else want to come here.

Also, why aren’t we really pissed off about it? Again, I might have missed a thread but it’s certainly something that should be top of all threads, a player that is ours being abused because of the colour of his skin! I was raised believing we were a club of equality, we are the Zulu’s. We are all for multicultural acceptism, that’s why I love this club,

Again, I might have missed it, but I’m absolutely furious that one of our players has been racially abused, not just once, but multiple times. Makes me feel a little sick.

👏👏👏

It's comforting to know others feel such anger. It's sickening and honestly in 2024 a complete joke that we still have to stand for this nonsense.
09:26, Mon 5 Feb
The Blues FB groups were a lot lot worse, especially around our previous Chinese Board.

I'm now just on the one which is run by the Admin in what I consider an acceptable manner.
09:33, Mon 5 Feb
100% shouldn’t be tolerated

Didn’t a Chelsea fan get banned for life last season?

Every club needs to have a similar stance, racists need to be called out and kicked out for life
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic

"This Bacuna really wants to start focusing on his football, he wants to make it all about him and he's going to get fans targeting him. He should just ignore it and move on"

They then said it was unlike Albion because of the three degrees. I'm sorry, having three black players half a century ago counts for eff all today.

I agree but let’s not pretend it’s just them. Our own fans have abused him and Deeney racially and you get people saying similar as they have . That we’re a diverse fanbase, the Zulu’s etc. That Deeney riles people. Bacuna is often singled out as a being a lazy, luxury player.
It’s nuts.
I’d compare it to saying a woman who has said she’s been sexually abused, has asked for it because of her low cut top, short skirt and the face she was flirting all night.

Couldn't agree more, Rab. It's basically, he's asking to be racially abused because of x, y, and z. It's pathetic. There's no excuse and those who try to do so show their own racist tendencies, IMO.
09:44, Mon 5 Feb
its victim blaming 101

Bacuna is a wind up merchant, he enjoys playing off the crowd...he probably finds it gives him a bit of an edge

you can do all of those things he does without expecting or experiencing what happened to him on Saturday, 'he winds people up so he's bound to get all sorts' is a ridiculous pov.
09:51, Mon 5 Feb
Nikola Zigic

It’s nuts.

I've said it before; we happened to have some hooligans who weren't white. It made no difference to how we were as a fanbase outside of that. We've never been any better than anyone else and I'm not convinced we're a particularly diverse fanbase now. I think that may change over a period of time with the new owners.
09:52, Mon 5 Feb
NouCamp
its victim blaming 101

Bacuna is a wind up merchant, he enjoys playing off the crowd...he probably finds it gives him a bit of an edge

you can do all of those things he does without expecting or experiencing what happened to him on Saturday, 'he winds people up so he's bound to get all sorts' is a ridiculous pov.

Completely agree.
If you say racist stuff because someone winds you up, the problem is that you are a racist not that someone wound you up.
09:55, Mon 5 Feb
Snoop
NouCamp
its victim blaming 101

Completely agree.
If you say racist stuff because someone winds you up, the problem is that you are a racist not that someone wound you up.

Bacuna’s fault for being so uppity though apparently
09:59, Mon 5 Feb
Also found it a bit weird that after (rightfully) stopping the game to report it, one of the first things that followed was Bacuna getting kicked into the air by Chalobah and then given an absolute mouthful from him. Can’t speak for whatever winding up Bacuna may have done in advance of it but you’d think there’d be some more support shown, even from the opposition
10:41, Mon 5 Feb
Did anything ever come of the incident where bacuna was abused by one of our own fans ?
Was he found, banned etc ?
mad
10:57, Mon 5 Feb
Not sure why folks think this would be a thing of the past I mean look around. Look how many awful current affairs quasi news channels there are these days pumping out all sorts of divisive crap. Remember again that just 19 years ago our own owner spoke about Dwight Yorke exactly the same way those Albion fans are now speaking about Bacuna after he was racially abused up at Ewok Park. Perhaps I'm bound to say this being as I'm old now but I think it's fairly obvious there's been a regression since the 1990's/mid 2000's harking back towards Enoch Powell etc those views have always been handed down in generations of folks minds unfortunately they've become almost mainstream again now in a way that hasn't been the case since late 70's/very early 80's when certain high profile politicians cosied up to the NF
Chalobah did seem rather choleric.
Choleric 👍
Word of the day
I had to look it up, now I know !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )