mad
17:40, Sat 17 Feb
They're a sound bunch of fans and it's probably the best message board out there but I'm so looking forward to reading that later šŸ˜
17:45, Sat 17 Feb
PremierBlues
Clarke is a quality player

Take him out of that team and they look even more ordinary. Could be off come the end of the season
17:49, Sat 17 Feb
He's a Premier league player.

Lovely footballer.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
17:50, Sat 17 Feb
mad
mad
They're a sound bunch of fans and it's probably the best message board out there but I'm so looking forward to reading that later šŸ˜

It is the definition of Schadenfreude. Start at page 115 when they concede a second. It is like us in reverse.
17:54, Sat 17 Feb
mad
mad

They are a bunch of disillusioned pricks only worse set of fans are villa.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
Haircut1000
Waggeh
Haircut1000
Sunderland message board in total meltdown.

Looking forward to reading that with a beer later.

It's beautiful. Start on page 110 just before the winner goes in. Page after page of joy. Schadenfreude.

Not keen on Jobe are they.
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
First half was poor second half much better, well done Mowbray for whatever you said at half time. Two scrappy but great goals. They looked poor and probably quietest (full) away end I have seen all season reflected that. Two wins in a week, what is happening at this club?!
mad
19:14, Sat 17 Feb
You're right. Just skimmed through near on 100 pages of their match day thread instead of 'ganning' down the road to fetch the Argus. What a bunch of self entitled pricks. The ones I've met in real life seem alright though
19:17, Sat 17 Feb
mad
Sunderland fans are so effing bitter, the better team won today.

Up the effing blues.
07:10, Sun 18 Feb
I think the first half was really even. Only the awful cock up at the back to moan about. Second half we were the better team and overall I think we deserved the win.
Onward and upward and all that
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
08:17, Sun 18 Feb
First half thought we started well, Sunderland pressed us quite well and we started getting sloppy which lead to the goal. Didnā€™t think the pass was that bad Roberts just canā€™t play that way can he?

Second half much better, as soon as the first went in was only going to be one winner.
10:10, Sun 18 Feb
I thought the pass was poor. Wasnā€™t aware of where the opposition were and underhit it. Of course Roberts should have been alert to the danger too.

Iā€™m not sure if this is one of those cases where players who are liked get a bit less criticism than the opposite, but all players make mistakes and two did here. The better we get as a team the fewer mistakes we will see. One of the objectives in passing the ball, the biggest objective really, is to improve the position of team by giving the ball to a team mate in a better position than the player passing. Try and keep it otherwise which could have been in the situation where we gave the goal away. We havenā€™t seen enough of that purposeful (or accurate) passing for years and under Mowbray weā€™ll see a lot more.
Tam
10:16, Sun 18 Feb
David Xavis
First half thought we started well, Sunderland pressed us quite well and we started getting sloppy which lead to the goal. Didnā€™t think the pass was that bad Roberts just canā€™t play that way can he?

Second half much better, as soon as the first went in was only going to be one winner.

I think Roberts has demonstrated that he can play that way pretty well, as almost all of the matchday squad has. That was an almighty cock up yesterday though. Paik realised that heā€™d underhit the pass as well, but obviously Roberts was caught flat footed. Looking at it again, the pace of the ball seemed to slow down halfway through itā€™s travel. Perhaps my imagination, but it seemed to alter speed. I think they were watering that area pre match, but canā€™t remember now!
Make Blues Great Again
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
Haircut1000
Waggeh
Haircut1000
Sunderland message board in total meltdown.

Looking forward to reading that with a beer later.

It's beautiful. Start on page 110 just before the winner goes in. Page after page of joy. Schadenfreude.

Not keen on Jobe are they.

I wasnā€™t yesterday tbf, though not for his technical ability as I thought he played quite well.

He was a proper fanny though, along with most of their team. Spent more time rolling about on the floor, then getting straight back up when the ref wasnā€™t buying it.

Was funny how him trying to get their fans to make some noise just made ours even louder.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:31, Sun 18 Feb
newblue
I thought the pass was poor. Wasnā€™t aware of where the opposition were and underhit it. Of course Roberts should have been alert to the danger too.

Iā€™m not sure if this is one of those cases where players who are liked get a bit less criticism than the opposite, but all players make mistakes and two did here. The better we get as a team the fewer mistakes we will see. One of the objectives in passing the ball, the biggest objective really, is to improve the position of team by giving the ball to a team mate in a better position than the player passing. Try and keep it otherwise which could have been in the situation where we gave the goal away. We havenā€™t seen enough of that purposeful (or accurate) passing for years and under Mowbray weā€™ll see a lot more.

Glad to see this post. Was thinking the same myself. If I had to apportion blame for the goal id go 80% Paik and 20% Roberts (and maybe that's being harsh on Roberts). We're talking split seconds here, but as soon as Paik made the pass, he saw Clarke approaching at speed to intercept, and realising his error, moved back to try to cover Roberts.
Roberts could have been more alert to the danger but even if he had been that was still, at best, a 50/50 ball in a dangerous area.
There were a couple of other instances where balls played across the defence / final third were careless too. I'm not against playing it out from the back at all, but much greater concentration and awareness is required, particularly when the opposition have as effective press as Sunderland did first half. It was easy v Blackburn- they were utter shite- but better teams like Southampton and Ipswich will be very alert to these errors. It remains perhaps the main area for improvement in our play currently.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.