10:23, Sun 18 Feb
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Tarquin
I'm not so sure.

He’ll go for £15m plus.

I'm not sure anyone pays that for him.
Everbluesince92
£5m as an up front fee with a load of achievable add ons (£1m per 20 appearances up to 100, some goal milestones and a hefty promotion bonus) and a good sell on percentage might get it done.

I'm not sure if wages would prove to be an issue.

I don’t know why anybody thinks Fulham would go for that. Cameron Archer went for £18m, Wharton for £22m. The folks that run Fulham are intelligent and they’ll get his true value.
As we are slowly stepping towards safety, I hope he doesnt score again and has a rubbish end to the season……
10:29, Sun 18 Feb
Tarquin
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Tarquin
I'm not so sure.

He’ll go for £15m plus.

I'm not sure anyone pays that for him.

For our sake let’s hope not, but if people think that he can score 15 goals next season at this level (I do, think he’ll improve each season) then a team with parachute payments may well pay it. We’ll see.
I think our only hope is to get him on loan again. We need need to sign so many players for next season i would just rather spread the budget around and get a quality squad rather than spend an awful lot of the budget on one player.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:40, Sun 18 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nikola Zigic
The absolute top priority for me if there's any chance

He’s ace. A lovely guy with a terrific future. But I actually wouldn’t buy him.

Why?

I feel like his benefits at the moment are more work rate than skill, if that makes sense.

For the sheer amount of bodies we need to get in we can’t be spending so much of the budget on one player.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:04, Sun 18 Feb
Spot on - the unfortunate truth is that he's going to go onto bigger and better things without us but in the meantime we should appreciate him for the (unpolished right now) absolute diamond that he is
Tam
11:08, Sun 18 Feb
It's a pretty important position, and we may well need to spend comparatively big bucks to do it anyway. I'll leave it to bigger-brained bears to tell me about the FFP ramifications, but - in the event of a large outlay - wouldn't we amortise this over the length of a long contract? Assuming that the money was available, obviously. Everything's a gamble, of course, in this situation, but there's a good chance that we'd also have an appreciating asset, given his age.
Make Blues Great Again
11:17, Sun 18 Feb
Tam
I am pretty sure Knighthead have access to whatever financial acumen and resources are needed to ensure we are safely navigated through FFP in the coming years.

I agree that Stansfield would be a no brainer in terms of him being an asset that would grow in value, but I fear we are going to have to be realistic and he's simply ready for a go at the Premier League (albeit with a Leicester or Ipswich right now maybe) and unfortunately we are a couple of years behind that curve at the moment, but you can see that he's a 'good un' in every way.
11:34, Sun 18 Feb
Ipswich paid £1.5m for Broadhead this time last year. There seems to be fairly massive variation in the money that is shelled out for different players.