01:11, Sun 18 Feb
There's at least 4 people on this thread who really underestimate Stansfield's abilities.
Crackers !!
The kid is dynamite and will be top drawer in any Championship side and would enhance a lot of Prem outfits too.
If there's any possibility of signing him we should do it asap

Fulham have all the aces and we probably just need to enjoy the remainder of his loan period with us
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
01:24, Sun 18 Feb
mad
mad
That volley first half that brought a smart save out of the Sunderland keeper was top drawer. Had it gone in would've been right up there at the top of all time goals seen scored at the Railway End and potentially the best volleyed goal ever anywhere

Maybe 2nd best ever!

[m.youtube.com]
05:56, Sun 18 Feb
If we can get him for similar money to the inevitable James sale I’d be all over it, I just don’t see Fulham accepting that.

I don’t see him as being PL ready yet though, hopefully they think the same.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:17, Sun 18 Feb
generalBlue
There's at least 4 people on this thread who really underestimate Stansfield's abilities.
Crackers !!
The kid is dynamite and will be top drawer in any Championship side and would enhance a lot of Prem outfits too.

Fulham have all the aces and we probably just need to enjoy the remainder of his loan period with us

I think what people are saying is that we could buy three or four top quality players instead of spunking all the budget on Stansfield in one go
Which I kind of agree with despite loving the way he plays
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nikola Zigic
The absolute top priority for me if there's any chance

He’s ace. A lovely guy with a terrific future. But I actually wouldn’t buy him.

Why?

I feel like his benefits at the moment are more work rate than skill, if that makes sense.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
generalBlue
Crackers !!

Nobody has underestimated his talent. But if you believe that Fulham will ask for 20m plus (if I were them that’s what I would be asking given that Wharton went for £22m recently) then the question is if that would be a good investment given FFP etc.

I think it’s too much at this point.
Do you think his feet should be comparable to Wharton though. He's only played what, 25 games in the second tier?

He's a striker so goes for more than other players but Wharton has a lot more under his belt and Stansfield hasn't really scored that many.

I may be wrong but I really think he'll be cheaper than the £20m bandied about on here.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Nikola Zigic
Do you think his feet should be comparable to Wharton though. He's only played what, 25 games in the second tier?

He's a striker so goes for more than other players but Wharton has a lot more under his belt and Stansfield hasn't really scored that many.

I may be wrong but I really think he'll be cheaper than the £20m bandied about on here.

If he was a blues player and somebody came in for him, what would your expectation be? We all want £15m for JJ. Fulham will ask for and probably get £20m. Cameron Archer went for £18m as a benchmark.
At the very least, he will be involved with Fulham for pre-season and quite possibly involved with their prem campaign next season.

Possibility of a loan to a top championship side or maybe Luton, if they manage to stay up. We need to finish strongly to make sure we are seen as a top championship side for next season so we can be an option for him/other loans.

Given we need to sign at least 3 senior strikers, 2 goalkeepers, 2 cbs and maybe a cm if JJ goes, I don't think £20m on one player is viable if it lowers the quality of the other 6 signings.
Everbluesince92
At the very least, he will be involved with Fulham for pre-season and quite possibly involved with their prem campaign next season.

Possibility of a loan to a top championship side or maybe Luton, if they manage to stay up. We need to finish strongly to make sure we are seen as a top championship side for next season so we can be an option for him/other loans.

Given we need to sign at least 3 senior strikers, 2 goalkeepers, 2 cbs and maybe a cm if JJ goes, I don't think £20m on one player is viable if it lowers the quality of the other 6 signings.

Yep I completely agree with you. It’s nothing to do with ‘underestimating’ JJ. We just have a lot of holes to fill this summer.
09:52, Sun 18 Feb
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
generalBlue
Crackers !!

Nobody has underestimated his talent. But if you believe that Fulham will ask for 20m plus (if I were them that’s what I would be asking given that Wharton went for £22m recently) then the question is if that would be a good investment given FFP etc.

I think it’s too much at this point.

If it was a fee of 5-6 million I would take him all day long. Anything above that is going to be beyond our reach anyway.
09:58, Sun 18 Feb
£5m wouldn’t buy his left leg.
10:05, Sun 18 Feb
I'm not so sure.
10:07, Sun 18 Feb
Tarquin
I'm not so sure.

He’ll go for £15m plus.
10:18, Sun 18 Feb
£5m as an up front fee with a load of achievable add ons (£1m per 20 appearances up to 100, some goal milestones and a hefty promotion bonus) and a good sell on percentage might get it done.

I'm not sure if wages would prove to be an issue.