08:49, Sun 3 Mar
And time and time again the past we don’t see an increase on the gate when prices go from 30 quid to much less

You’re right it’s more than the price.

The actual match experience is much better now

23k wasn’t a bad attendance in all honesty, was the upper John merrick housing the academy again?
08:51, Sun 3 Mar
Girls teams as well I think
Tony Fantastico
08:52, Sun 3 Mar
Ricky Blotto
It was fairly full today. Atmosphere was alright.

Sorry, it's not today anymore is it. Time is a mystery.
It is but 23k was decent. Some returned from the Sunderland game. And hopefully more follow. Small steps. But that’s a crowd we wouldn’t have got for the past 13 years plus for that game
Tony Fantastico
08:55, Sun 3 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Ricky Blotto

It is but 23k was decent. Some returned from the Sunderland game. And hopefully more follow. Small steps. But that’s a crowd we wouldn’t have got for the past 13 years plus for that game

You are right to be fair mate on reflection it was actually decent.

We do need full houses or as close too for the last 6 though. They are all going to be absolutely huge. That Boro game is absolutely effin massive
09:10, Sun 3 Mar
David Xavis
Rab C Nesbitt
Ricky Blotto

You are right to be fair mate on reflection it was actually decent.

We do need full houses or as close too for the last 6 though. They are all going to be absolutely huge. That Boro game is absolutely effin massive
And on Cheltenham Tuesday which will affect the attendance. Loads of coaches go from our way. I’m going with my mate and our missus’s, and he drives so we leave before the last and have a curry when back. I’ll be dropped at Rowley station and will get off at Bordesley to just make kick off but others on coaches won’t be able to go.
Plus if we’d have arranged it for April 16/23/30 Boro would hopefully be on the beach. Mad decision
Tony Fantastico
09:27, Sun 3 Mar
El Mayor
bruggeaway
Let's get it sorted before that lets sell an extra 7k tickets for the remainder @ 15 quid a ticket ....

If cheap tickets guaranteed sell outs we have sold out Hull in the cup.

It’s not that effing simple.

I’ve seen this argument about that Hull game a few times.

The low attendance was more about the fact it was a totally unglamorous 3rd round replay, midweek in January, against a team in the same league as us.

A lot just don’t really care about the cup when it’s at that stage. It was £15.00 for non STH’s, which I think was actually too much for a game of so little interest.
09:33, Sun 3 Mar
MNafti
El Mayor
bruggeaway
Let's get it sorted before that lets sell an extra 7k tickets for the remainder @ 15 quid a ticket ....

The low attendance was more about the fact it was a totally unglamorous 3rd round replay, midweek in January, against a team in the same league as us.

A lot just don’t really care about the cup when it’s at that stage. It was £15.00 for non STH’s, which I think was actually too much for a game of so little interest.

Your final paragraph is closer to the problem but I think you are still confusing price with value.

Price isn’t the issue; perceived value is.

When the weather is crap, we’re on a poor run of form and everything looks bleak of course people aren’t going to be interested - and while dropping prices alone might seem like the fix it just isn’t.

Continually dropping prices changes a special offer to “the price” and as such it’ll never go back up, which will in the medium to longer term eff us financially. It’s shit, and it means some people are being priced out of the game but this has been going on for a long time and it shouldn’t be a surprise.
09:38, Sun 3 Mar
Fair points.
MNafti
El Mayor
bruggeaway

We took 5000 to an unglamorous tie in the next round that was way more expensive, so it confuses me. Cup games are ace and our most memorable games
Tony Fantastico
mad
Not sure why it's needed for all but the occasional game. The team seemed to play well enough yesterday against one of the better sides in the division. The team is clearly capable of decent performances whether there's 18/19k in there or 27/28k

18k inside St Andrews can generate a fantastic atmosphere as shown in Gary Rowett's first game in charge versus Watford and we've all been in one or two sell outs that turned out flat. Off top of my head Baggies in the cup ten years ago for instance.

I agree we need to keep the away allocations minimal full time however
09:40, Sun 3 Mar
Could that be because it was away though? Away games are far more attractive if you can get a ticket, plus it was Saturday 3pm. Only up the road really to.
09:41, Sun 3 Mar
The hull game is one example but there been league games in last seasons including this one where the price has reduced but the gates not increased

Price is a factor but if we were top 6 I’d imagine there would be more 25k gates than the 21/22 we are probably averaging
09:45, Sun 3 Mar
MNafti
Could that be because it was away though? Away games are far more attractive if you can get a ticket, plus it was Saturday 3pm. Only up the road really to.

Again, perceived value not price :)
mad
09:45, Sun 3 Mar
The club IMHO is going along quite nicely in terms of growing the support. So much so that whilst it would be a real ch!nk in the road, we might just about be able to swallow a gut wrenching demotion to League One and emerge next season with a fanbase energised and actually keep these 22-23,000+ crowds as our average at that level in spite of the heartbreak. I couldn't have said that at any time previously, not for Division Three.
09:53, Sun 3 Mar
mad
Relegation derails us big time. Wagner wouldn’t have bought the club if we went down previously.

We have to stay up.