09:57, Sun 3 Mar
My Blue Heaven
Relegation derails us big time. Wagner wouldn’t have bought the club if we went down previously.

We have to stay up.
I still don’t believe that comment mate. First time I heard that was after Cooks parting shot at Eustace that was criticised and our Tommy W smoothed things over and talked Eustace up again.
Eustace still hasn’t won a game btw has he?
Tony Fantastico
mad
10:07, Sun 3 Mar
My Blue Heaven
Relegation derails us big time. Wagner wouldn’t have bought the club if we went down previously.

We have to stay up.

When we were last at that level we were the biggest club in the division by some distance. Over the last twenty years if we'd ever dropped that low again we likely would not have been as other clubs have caught up or overtaken Blues since the late 1990's plus Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sunderland have been down there a bit and Man City for one season too. If Derby stay down then there'll be a debate about it but otherwise once again we'd be able to look at being top dogs in that division.

Not that it matters really but be a fun place to watch football again I reckon whichever division we're in
10:09, Sun 3 Mar
I believe it. I have no reason not to believe Wagner.

League one is a graveyard and there’s no money down there. Unless we had a 94/95 season we’d get 15/16k after one season

I think Wagner wants us in the prem asap and going down and having to do it from 2 leagues away would be impossible
10:11, Sun 3 Mar
mad
In that time as you’ve not bigger clubs than us have been in it. It’s bonkers. There not guarantee we would swoop the league. We’d likely lose the players we’d ideally want or keep, ie laird, Buchanan, beilik

Let’s just be good in this league
mad
10:21, Sun 3 Mar
Not suggesting we want to be down there but rather now than eight or nine seasons ago and end up like Charlton. Rather now than just before COVID and be in Bolton's position
10:24, Sun 3 Mar
He may not have bought us if went down, but that doesn't mean he walks away if we did go down. It will be another bump in the road that they correct just like the Rooney appointment.

Here's the thing though we keep talking about going down, no wonder stayaway fans stayaway if they think we are playing relegation stlye football. We clearly are not now and those fans that go to games need to spread a positive attitude to get them to come back - Yesterday was a great match 7 goals, a red and lots controversial decisions. Compared to the Hull game at half the price i think most fans would have got better value from yesterdays game.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:25, Sun 3 Mar
I’m a natural cynic. Especially words from people in football.
I still would love Tommy W and you to read me bedtime stories though
Tony Fantastico
mad
10:29, Sun 3 Mar
You're right. On the basis of what I saw prices should be going the other way

And they might have to such will be the clamour for tickets for the local derby with Walsall and the Wrexham home game 😉
10:33, Sun 3 Mar
El Mayor
CarlosCostly
Does anyone know what the actual EFL guidelines are? I think they should've did a deal on tickets last game for half price for todays game if it was possible.

Working on something, but essentially we can only do deals that affect the whole ground four times a season… and we have to offer it to the away fans too.

I know people are desperate for a full ground but I think if we’re gonna offer deals something like the Sunderland game would be better. We need more than just to offer cheap tickets; we need to be in a position where people bring their friends and relatives who haven’t been able to come.

I honestly believe if it was simple as offering cut price tickets to guarantee success they’d be doing it; the reason they’re not implies that it’s much more nuanced.

Dan... i previously put this up in the post couple of weeks back called "firsts" but... reproduced here.

Dan, re above on pricing deals.

Think you are probably looking at 35.3.11? (some of it and its guidance reproduced below).
I think that the max 4 match thing is where a club does a deal across a number of consecutive home games and the EFL want that limited to max 4 so that you are only having to seek permission for the deal for up to 4 away clubs.

I don't think this precludes you from doing that process more than once in a season though and i dont think it limits what you can do for specific (one off) matches.

So, as far as i can see you could say have deals across the first 3 or 4 matches of the season, then again at Christmas, Easter, the run in etc... as well as doing individual match deals along the way.

"Subject to Regulation 35.3.7, discounts or special promotions (in each case for up to a maximum of 4 matches in one promotion) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters."

"Guidance

Under the Regulations should any Club wish to offer promotions or discounts for a specific match or across up to a maximum of 4 matches they must either (a) offer the discount or special promotion on a similar basis to visiting supporters or (b) seek the permission of the visiting club to run the promotion for home fans only"
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
10:44, Sun 3 Mar
B_C_F_C
El Mayor
CarlosCostly
Does anyone know what the actual EFL guidelines are? I think they should've did a deal on tickets last game for half price for todays game if it was possible.

Working on something, but essentially we can only do deals that affect the whole ground four times a season… and we have to offer it to the away fans too.

I know people are desperate for a full ground but I think if we’re gonna offer deals something like the Sunderland game would be better. We need more than just to offer cheap tickets; we need to be in a position where people bring their friends and relatives who haven’t been able to come.

I honestly believe if it was simple as offering cut price tickets to guarantee success they’d be doing it; the reason they’re not implies that it’s much more nuanced.

Dan... i previously put this up in the post couple of weeks back called "firsts" but... reproduced here.

Dan, re above on pricing deals.

Think you are probably looking at 35.3.11? (some of it and its guidance reproduced below).
I think that the max 4 match thing is where a club does a deal across a number of consecutive home games and the EFL want that limited to max 4 so that you are only having to seek permission for the deal for up to 4 away clubs.

I don't think this precludes you from doing that process more than once in a season though and i dont think it limits what you can do for specific (one off) matches.

So, as far as i can see you could say have deals across the first 3 or 4 matches of the season, then again at Christmas, Easter, the run in etc... as well as doing individual match deals along the way.

"Subject to Regulation 35.3.7, discounts or special promotions (in each case for up to a maximum of 4 matches in one promotion) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters."

"Guidance

Under the Regulations should any Club wish to offer promotions or discounts for a specific match or across up to a maximum of 4 matches they must either (a) offer the discount or special promotion on a similar basis to visiting supporters or (b) seek the permission of the visiting club to run the promotion for home fans only"

I saw that and while I thank you for your thoughts, I wanted it from someone who knew for sure. From the people I have spoken to so far I believe you’re not 100% correct.
10:51, Sun 3 Mar
I don’t think he’d walk away but it completely derails his plans for us. I can’t be convinced otherwise.
10:56, Sun 3 Mar
There’s no way he and Knighthead walk away with a £17 million + loss. I agree it derails plans somewhat though. However Leicester won the Premier League 8 years after being relegated to League 1…..
11:01, Sun 3 Mar
After bending the rules and wiping away any debt ahead of a big takeover..

I’ve said several times now they won’t sell but anyone who thinks relegation would be good for is, is somewhat mental as far as I’m concerned
11:03, Sun 3 Mar
Someone riddle me this

We xould easily have sold another 1k to 1.5k tickets yesterday to Southampton fans

Why didn't we and why haven't we increased away allocations for other games following the opening of lower kop and tilton tiers

Keep hearing about revenue maximisation and yet we're turning down £25k minimum per game.

Why?
11:14, Sun 3 Mar
NouCamp
Someone riddle me this

We xould easily have sold another 1k to 1.5k tickets yesterday to Southampton fans

Why didn't we and why haven't we increased away allocations for other games following the opening of lower kop and tilton tiers

Keep hearing about revenue maximisation and yet we're turning down £25k minimum per game.

Why?

Cos we want to keep away fans to a minimum, in an attempt to make the place more home friendly?