14:03, Mon 18 Mar
Docked four points. Now in the relegation zone. They're expected to appeal, although there is less of the season remaining than the time it took for Everton to be docked and then successfully appeal, I believe.
14:04, Mon 18 Mar
here comes more complaining about the rules they signed up to
Yep. I hope they aren't successful with their appeal. I think the fact the points are so low possibly means there's less wriggle room.

I hope they go down given they were one of the clubs to reject the new deal for the EFL. How quickly they've forgotten themselves.
14:08, Mon 18 Mar
What have they been done for again? Was it because of all those players they bought last season?
14:12, Mon 18 Mar
Nowhere near enough. Deserve 10 points for that Mull of Kintyre shite to start with
Tony Fantastico
14:14, Mon 18 Mar
Bluenose27
What have they been done for again? Was it because of all those players they bought last season?

Pretty much:

Premier League clubs are allowed to lose £105m over a three-year period but Forest’s permitted losses were limited to £61m because they spent two years of that period in the Championship. This was another part of their defence, with the club claiming they were hamstrung after being promoted because investment in the squad is vital to challenge at a higher level against more established teams.

I can see their point but:

Since promotion Forest have signed 42 players at a cost of about £250m, helping them retain their Premier League status last season.

That's just ridiculous.
14:17, Mon 18 Mar
If they do go down, they will have absolutely nish to spend next year.

Good luck bouncing back from that.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
14:18, Mon 18 Mar
HackneyBlue
here comes more complaining about the rules they signed up to

Although the attitude of "Give us eight weeks to sell Johnson a superior price and we'll fit within the framework" makes me slightly sympathetic in terms of simple common sense. Didn't we do something not dissimilar with Che?

And different to "We're signing Pedersen anyway, nur nur nee nur nur!" - rules we signed up to and then appealed.

I'm no Forest fan but there's something of a punitive flexing of the muscles here.
14:19, Mon 18 Mar
Isn't the muscle flexing part of the Premier League trying to prove they don't need an external regulator?
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
14:20, Mon 18 Mar
There will be the usual complaints of corruption but it's pretty simple, don't submit accounts that show you've breached the allowable losses, and you wont get punished

Everton and Forest only have themselves to blame, they both broke the rules.
Happy Clapper
14:22, Mon 18 Mar
They were allowed to lose £61m over 3 seasons and breached it.
Refused to sell Brennan Johnson before 30 June 2023.
If they had sold him there wouldn't have been a breach.

If all the points deductions that should have been applied were applied last season then Forest would have stayed up.
Southampton, Leicester and Everton would have gone down. Leeds would have survived.

There are still disciplinary hearings due for Everton and Leicester, and Man City of course so the table could change.
14:26, Mon 18 Mar
Their argument hinges around them having agreed a fee for Johnson within the deadline but the player himself refusing to move. How true that is I don't know but it's an interesting factor.

I do think we're at a place where it's looking more and more ridiculous to have the English leagues separated. It's a silly situation that 2 years of Forest's accounts come under one financial jurisdiction and 1 year under another and Leicester can escape punishment because they've breached in one league and the other league won't deal with it. The whole thing is a mess.
14:26, Mon 18 Mar
12pts, 9pts, 6pts and now 4pts..

Anyone got a clue 😂
Seems to vary for every club, I get circumstances are different but for me breaking ffp is breaking ffp!
Just have a set punishment or atleast two, like a soft and hard punishment! 12pts or 6pts then you cut out the grief afterwards.

You’ll have Everton and the relegation rivals all whinging now.
14:28, Mon 18 Mar
Wasn't Everton's based upon multiple breaches though, whereas Forest's is just the one?