14:46, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
bluer than blues
TaylorJay84
I can see Man City getting 115pts deduction, it seems like the only logical punishment tbf

😂

I'd love to see it.

If they are found guilty, the most accurate punishment should be a stripping of titles for the seasons affected. It's what happens in other sports where there has been doping.
A one season punishment wouldn’t be enough. Make them a Sunday Pub team

Linked Image
14:48, Mon 18 Mar
TaylorJay84
12pts, 9pts, 6pts and now 4pts..

Anyone got a clue 😂
Seems to vary for every club, I get circumstances are different but for me breaking ffp is breaking ffp!
Just have a set punishment or atleast two, like a soft and hard punishment! 12pts or 6pts then you cut out the grief afterwards.

You’ll have Everton and the relegation rivals all whinging now.

It's not a black or white thing though is it, it's about the scale of the breach.
14:49, Mon 18 Mar
As you’ve said in the past the problem is the lack of transparency over the whole thing.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:49, Mon 18 Mar
Blues will go down this year. Storm to promotion in 2024-25 unbeaten, breaking all sorts of League 1 records with a terrific young exciting team. 2025-2026 season we will rejoin the championship as obvious favorites if it wasn't for Man City and Chelsea both finding themselves in the championship due to egregious breaches.
14:50, Mon 18 Mar
bluefrank
Sheep2
Refused to sell Brennan Johnson before 30 June 2023.
If they had sold him there wouldn't have been a breach.

Is that the case? I thought the £30 million fee would have seen them still miss the target but the 47.5 million would have kept them inside target. That's how I've read it/understood it - happy to be put right.

Hence my slight sympathy, as I'm sure we did something like that regarding Che.

At the same time, I see a "rules is rules" stance but then you start thinking, "Yeah, but....Man City, man..."

It's not the same.
We sold Che within the accounting period and avoided a (second) breach.

What we did was to fail to sell players in the January transfer window which resulted in us deviating from the agreed budget during the year. But we cleared it by 30 June 2019.
We were cleared of a breach that season.

I think it is not easy to deal with interim breaches and potential budget busting.

Forest now have an ongoing problem as a result of the £250m spree. They've got more or less £50m of amortisation each season for this season and the next 3. This significantly restricts their ongoing spending. It will make it difficult to further improve the squad.
bluer than blues
Docked four points. Now in the relegation zone. They're expected to appeal, although there is less of the season remaining than the time it took for Everton to be docked and then successfully appeal, I believe.

They will still stay up. Luton are garbage
14:55, Mon 18 Mar
I thought the EFL “won on the breach of the business plan but we just didn’t get a deduction? I’m sure Blues were successful initially but the EFL appealed it?

Or is that a different charge
14:57, Mon 18 Mar
the Brennan Johnson thing is a Forest defence line, and not actually relevant, they were fined because they went over the limit, how they got there isn't really important
Belgrade Blue
bluer than blues
Docked four points. Now in the relegation zone. They're expected to appeal, although there is less of the season remaining than the time it took for Everton to be docked and then successfully appeal, I believe.

They will still stay up. Luton are garbage

They are not garbage, just very, very naive. Forest are scarcely better than them on current form.
15:25, Mon 18 Mar
My Blue Heaven
I thought the EFL “won on the breach of the business plan but we just didn’t get a deduction? I’m sure Blues were successful initially but the EFL appealed it?

Or is that a different charge

Yeah, they won but we got a slap on the wrist.
15:26, Mon 18 Mar
Super Hans
As you’ve said in the past the problem is the lack of transparency over the whole thing.

Pretty transparent here:

[twitter.com]
15:26, Mon 18 Mar
HackneyBlue
the Brennan Johnson thing is a Forest defence line, and not actually relevant, they were fined because they went over the limit, how they got there isn't really important

It's a wee bit important because scale of breach is said to be a factor. But you're right it's not a true defence line.
15:32, Mon 18 Mar
bluefrank
HackneyBlue

It's a wee bit important because scale of breach is said to be a factor. But you're right it's not a true defence line.

It's not a defence in my eyes when they were offered 50 million euros by Atletico Madrid on the last day of the PSR window which they rejected asking for 65 million.

To quote the commission findings:

On 30 June 2023, Forest received an offer from AtlĂ©tico Madrid (“AtlĂ©tico”) of EUR 50m for the transfer of Player A’s registration on a permanent basis, to which it counter offered with EUR 65m the same day. Discussions with AtlĂ©tico did not progress further.

[resources.premierleague.com] Page 9
15:34, Mon 18 Mar
Was unaware. Thanks for putting me right.
15:35, Mon 18 Mar
👍