14:28, Mon 18 Mar
Sheep2
Refused to sell Brennan Johnson before 30 June 2023.
If they had sold him there wouldn't have been a breach.

Is that the case? I thought the £30 million fee would have seen them still miss the target but the 47.5 million would have kept them inside target. That's how I've read it/understood it - happy to be put right.

Hence my slight sympathy, as I'm sure we did something like that regarding Che.

At the same time, I see a "rules is rules" stance but then you start thinking, "Yeah, but....Man City, man..."
14:30, Mon 18 Mar
Just as long as serial offenders like Chelsea and Man City are left alone ..
14:30, Mon 18 Mar
Their argument hinges around them having agreed a fee for Johnson within the deadline but the player himself refusing to move. How true that is I don't know but it's an interesting factor.

The argument is still tosh though really, you can't put yourself in a position where you are dependent on a sale after the season has finished in order to comply, and then complain when the sale doesn't happen and you breach the losses, nobody forced them to dish out the contracts they did at the start of the season.
Happy Clapper
14:32, Mon 18 Mar
Well Man City is still ongoing and the reason for that is 115 charges! Forest had 1 charge and look how long that has taken. I don't think we can use Man City as any kind of dividing line until their case has been settled. If they escape punishment with that many charges... It'll be a bloodbath.

One Man City fan on the Overlap claimed they were taking on the PL on behalf of all the other football clubs. 😂😂😂 It's amazing how some fans don't understand that the clubs are the stakeholders and they voted in the rules that their fans now moan about.
14:33, Mon 18 Mar
Remember when Dong factored on making 10m for selling Juke 😂
14:33, Mon 18 Mar
Le Mod
Their argument hinges around them having agreed a fee for Johnson within the deadline but the player himself refusing to move. How true that is I don't know but it's an interesting factor.

The argument is still tosh though really, you can't put yourself in a position where you are dependent on a sale after the season has finished in order to comply, and then complain when the sale doesn't happen and you breach the losses, nobody forced them to dish out the contracts they did at the start of the season.

Yep, very true.
14:35, Mon 18 Mar
Le Mod
There will be the usual complaints of corruption but it's pretty simple, don't submit accounts that show you've breached the allowable losses, and you wont get punished

Everton and Forest only have themselves to blame, they both broke the rules.
This. And I said the same with us agreeing to a business plan then changing our minds. Hammer the buggers
Tony Fantastico
14:36, Mon 18 Mar
My Blue Heaven
Remember when Dong factored on making 10m for selling Juke 😂
Wasn’t it £14m?
He’d get that though on Only fans
Tony Fantastico
14:36, Mon 18 Mar
I can see Man City getting 115pts deduction, it seems like the only logical punishment tbf
14:37, Mon 18 Mar
The Man City one is very complex and as a result will take a long time

Man City haven't submitted any accounts which show a breach, the debate is over whether they have actually been honest with their accounts, a whole different kettle of fish, the Everton and Forest cases are very very simple by comparison, neither club really have a leg to stand on.
Happy Clapper
14:39, Mon 18 Mar
Yeah, it's a terrible thing really because it's encouraging clubs to lie and then leave the burden of proof on the PL.

Mind you, that's mostly how the law works, isn't it? Man City are the PL's version of "no comment".
14:41, Mon 18 Mar
TaylorJay84
I can see Man City getting 115pts deduction, it seems like the only logical punishment tbf

😂

I'd love to see it.

If they are found guilty, the most accurate punishment should be a stripping of titles for the seasons affected. It's what happens in other sports where there has been doping.
14:43, Mon 18 Mar
bluer than blues
TaylorJay84

😂

I'd love to see it.

If they are found guilty, the most accurate punishment should be a stripping of titles for the seasons affected. It's what happens in other sports where there has been doping.
A one season punishment wouldn’t be enough. Make them a Sunday Pub team
Tony Fantastico
14:45, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
bluer than blues
TaylorJay84

😂

I'd love to see it.

A one season punishment wouldn’t be enough. Make them a Sunday Pub team

😂
14:46, Mon 18 Mar
I’m serious. Or let them off and we’ll do the same as them
Tony Fantastico