Only if he hasn't been fully consulted - we don't know but he might have resigned.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Belgrade Blue
Tilton Rifle
Goes without saying really. We're a club. Both Rowett (if announced) and TM are part of the club. I just think there should be a big show of support for TM at home. It doesn't detract from anything else.

I think bringing in Rowett is disrespectful to Mowbray

Not bringing him in is disrespectful to the fans and the club. Just lie down and accept relegation? No effing chance. They need to fight like dogs and keep clean sheets.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
16:22, Tue 19 Mar
I think his wife may have convinced him health comes above football - and she is right. To be a championship manager takes lots of energy. He is 60 now with a health issue.
16:27, Tue 19 Mar
BlueSteve
I think his wife may have convinced him health comes above football - and she is right. To be a championship manager takes lots of energy. He is 60 now with a health issue.

There's been speculation from day 1 it is serious and unexpected not routine, if it is I don't know why we didn't simply agree a settlement and part company cleanly on day 1.

We all love Tony and would be great for him to come back but having the pressure of management in the background can't be in any way good for him, and it isn't good for us.
Belgrade Blue
BlueSteve

There's been speculation from day 1 it is serious and unexpected not routine, if it is I don't know why we didn't simply agree a settlement and part company cleanly on day 1.

We all love Tony and would be great for him to come back but having the pressure of management in the background can't be in any way good for him, and it isn't good for us.
Can we stop this speculation on his illness and what his wife is saying.
It really doesn’t seem right to me
Tony Fantastico
16:48, Tue 19 Mar
Agreed.
Rab C Nesbitt
Belgrade Blue
BlueSteve

Just repeating what is being said elsewhere and on social media. The club have opened the door to this with their handling of the situation.

All speculation could be avoided if they dealt with the situation properly on day 1
16:49, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
Rab C Nesbitt
Belgrade Blue
BlueSteve

Just repeating what is being said elsewhere and on social media. The club have opened the door to this with their handling of the situation.

All speculation could be avoided if they dealt with the situation properly on day 1

They did.

They asked for privacy on behalf of Mowbray, and you should respect that. Especially on a public messageboard.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
You're now speculating on what was known on 'day 1'. You don't have enough information to know whether it was handled properly or not.
Belgrade Blue

The only person whose nose is being put out of joint is Venus, the deputy who's being told he's not good enough to deputise.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
16:54, Tue 19 Mar
Barking Poslethwaite
Belgrade Blue

The only person whose nose is being put out of joint is Venus, the deputy who's being told he's not good enough to deputise.

We just don't know that either.

For all we know Venus may have asked for help.

No-one knows.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Barking Poslethwaite
Belgrade Blue

Many are saying on this forum this is no slight on Venus or Mowbray actually. I disagree, I think it is a slight on Venus and Mowbray but we at least agree on 50%
Barking Poslethwaite
Belgrade Blue

Its no shame on him either tbf. If he had wanted to be a manager I'm sure he would have done so years ago.

People commenting about Venus is like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree, irrelevant at best
16:55, Tue 19 Mar
It's also just plain weird
17:08, Tue 19 Mar
If Rowett is appointed I don't think Mowbray has a future with us. It may be TMs decision..who knows.
If I had the wings of a sparrow