Typhoontechie
Barking Poslethwaite
Belgrade Blue
I think bringing in Rowett is disrespectful to Mowbray

The only person whose nose is being put out of joint is Venus, the deputy who's being told he's not good enough to deputise.

Its no shame on him either tbf. If he had wanted to be a manager I'm sure he would have done so years ago.

People commenting about Venus is like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree, irrelevant at best

"You are applying to be manager of Shrewsbury Town tell me about your experience.

Well I was assistant at Man City with Pep Guardiola for 5 years, and his assistant at Bayern and Barcelona. I am ready to step up and have a plan and style ready to go"

"Sorry experience as an assistant is obviously not relevant rejected. We need a organ grinder not a monkey"

"Mark Venus, can you stand in for Tony for 8 weeks?"

"Nah, I am not a manager I'll be a disaster"

"Hired"
17:16, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
Barking Poslethwaite
Belgrade Blue

The only person whose nose is being put out of joint is Venus, the deputy who's being told he's not good enough to deputise.

Many are saying on this forum this is no slight on Venus or Mowbray actually. I disagree, I think it is a slight on Venus and Mowbray but we at least agree on 50%

I think you talk too much...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
Mate your brain needs a rest. Put the phone down, go for a walk. If you have a dog,take it with you and throw a stick around for a bit ๐Ÿ‘
Typhoontechie
Barking Poslethwaite
Belgrade Blue

Its no shame on him either tbf. If he had wanted to be a manager I'm sure he would have done so years ago.

People commenting about Venus is like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree, irrelevant at best

If Venus felt that way then he shouldn't have taken the task on when they asked him. I assume he must have felt that he could do it otherwise he wouldn't / shouldn't have said yes.

I do accept the point made above that Venus himself may have been the one to realise it wasn't working and might welcome the change, though. I don't blame him or anybody else for the way things have panned out; nobody wanted to be put in this situation.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
Belgrade Blue
Tilton Rifle
Goes without saying really. We're a club. Both Rowett (if announced) and TM are part of the club. I just think there should be a big show of support for TM at home. It doesn't detract from anything else.

For all we know TM may have said this is the best thing to do because of recent results , ie whatโ€™s best for the club under unusual circumstances?
GR could be coming in with TMโ€™s blessing
Tam
17:31, Tue 19 Mar
Takes the pressure of TM and MV and is a short term consultancy role. I imagine that Tony has been consulted about it but either way, nobody's nose is being put out of joint.

Tony currently can't work, and MV is clearly struggling. I'm not a fan of Rowett, but he knows the game in this division and will provide help not hindrance. In our position there's not much to quibble about IMO.
Make Blues Great Again
17:42, Tue 19 Mar
Tam
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Belgrade Blue
Tilton Rifle
Goes without saying really. We're a club. Both Rowett (if announced) and TM are part of the club. I just think there should be a big show of support for TM at home. It doesn't detract from anything else.

Only people being disrespectful are the players mate
19:06, Tue 19 Mar
Venus will be relieved that the pressure is off. Fair play to him for giving it a go, but he isn't a boss. We can't amble along and surrender. Any leader will do right now.

It may be a backwards step, but we are in a bind and desperate for some spark.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm sure he felt in that moment he could Carey on and make it work, or perhaps he felt he owed it to Tony, or felt a pressure that if someone else came in then they might get the job permanently.

Whatever the reason, he deffo didn't set out to go on a run like we have, and if we'd got off to a better start things might have gone differently.

The point is though that nobody can be upset with MV for the job he has done, and nobody in their right mind can blame the club for doing something about it. Obviously there is a question over if GR is the best direction to go in, and ultimately that will be decided on the back of our final league position tbh
20:45, Tue 19 Mar
Tam
Tam
Takes the pressure of TM and MV and is a short term consultancy role. I imagine that Tony has been consulted about it but either way, nobody's nose is being put out of joint.

Tony currently can't work, and MV is clearly struggling. I'm not a fan of Rowett, but he knows the game in this division and will provide help not hindrance. In our position there's not much to quibble about IMO.

Exactly this,

You will find that both Mowbray and Venus have been consulted about it and agreed to it.

I think it's a good move we look so passive and lifeless at the moment. This should get us over the line I hope .
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
20:51, Tue 19 Mar
Brian Sutherland'
Tam

Exactly this,

You will find that both Mowbray and Venus have been consulted about it and agreed to it.

I think it's a good move we look so passive and lifeless at the moment. This should get us over the line I hope .

I really hope you're right and they have both been consulted.
The fact Rowett hasn't been announced yet suggests there's been an unexpected hold up - like the League Managers Association getting involved because Mowbray wasn't consulted
21:20, Tue 19 Mar
KRO1970
Brian Sutherland'
Tam

Exactly this,

I really hope you're right and they have both been consulted.
The fact Rowett hasn't been announced yet suggests there's been an unexpected hold up - like the League Managers Association getting involved because Mowbray wasn't consulted

Pure speculation...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.