Birmingham City's plans for a new stadium have emerged following a deal for a 48-acre site in Bordesley Green

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
CastleBlue
Le Mod
Yep, the Prem has grown exponentially since we were last there, at sensible pricing, in a really impressive stadium in the middle of the country with lots to see and do around it, you'll have loads and loads of tourists at each league match.

I'm not taking the piss but does birmingham attract that many tourists?

Granted premier league games get a few fans who go too see the man city n liverpool players etc but i think you are overestimating the pull of the city rather than the club itself.

In 2022, there were fewer overnight visits to UK towns by inbound visitors than in 2019.

The top five most-visited UK towns (for overnight visits by inbound visitors) were:

London

Edinburgh

Manchester

Birmingham

Liverpool

[www.visitbritain.org]
18:59, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Le Mod
Yep, the Prem has grown exponentially since we were last there, at sensible pricing, in a really impressive stadium in the middle of the country with lots to see and do around it, you'll have loads and loads of tourists at each league match.

I'm not taking the piss but does birmingham attract that many tourists?

I think you are underestimating the pull of the city. Have you been to the city centre of a weekend in the last few years? Its heaving. As are the trains to bloody well get in. And this is before it really starts to become fashionable.
19:10, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady
I never said that people like that NEED to be replaced, I said that they WILL be replaced. It’ll happen whether I (or they) want it to or not.

But that makes no sense. You are talking about a decent portion of our fanbase being replaced because they don't think we can get 60k fans. We currently get low 20's and now some will be replaced.

Throw in villa, wolves and west brom and i'd love to know where you think we are getting these people to replace our fans.

You don't build support by replacing core support.

In that case we’re doomed, cos the very nature of passing time is that we have to replace the older people with younger ones.

Older people won’t like it but times change and so do the way people consume things; thus it follows that we will all be eventually replaced whether we like it or not.

In short, sit back and enjoy the ride - or accept you’re gonna get turfed off.
19:11, Wed 27 Mar
Visiting family, the German Market or Cadbury World. Beyond that I see no reason why people visit Birmingham, most of it is awful.
19:19, Wed 27 Mar
When was the last time you went to the city centre?
19:37, Wed 27 Mar
El Mayor
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady
I never said that people like that NEED to be replaced, I said that they WILL be replaced. It’ll happen whether I (or they) want it to or not.

But that makes no sense. You are talking about a decent portion of our fanbase being replaced because they don't think we can get 60k fans. We currently get low 20's and now some will be replaced.

Throw in villa, wolves and west brom and i'd love to know where you think we are getting these people to replace our fans.

In that case we’re doomed, cos the very nature of passing time is that we have to replace the older people with younger ones.

Older people won’t like it but times change and so do the way people consume things; thus it follows that we will all be eventually replaced whether we like it or not.

Exactly
Tony Fantastico
19:49, Wed 27 Mar
El Mayor
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady

Exactly

Crazy thing is ... even three old cynical curmudgeonly gits like Rab, Mayor and me can see that this is entirely a good thing.
20:10, Wed 27 Mar
Today for work.
Tom Wagner and Knighthead have purchased land at the former Wheels Park as they take their first steps towards a new stadium for Birmingham City

18:25, Wed 27 Mar
eff me this is scraping the barrel. Even for the Mail 😂
18:38, Wed 27 Mar
FFS they will do absolutely anything these days so pointless clicking on it.

How about a new stadium built out of lego
[www.boxmash.com]
Turn left when you get on a plane.
18:42, Wed 27 Mar
No sale has happened yet , just an agreement to sell after the appropriate legal checks, searches and documentation to enable the acquisition to happen. It will be months for any sale to happen. This article is nonsense
18:51, Wed 27 Mar
On another article on here they are basically saying it's a shit hole.
The Mail can eff off.
Up the feckin Blues
19:32, Wed 27 Mar
Tom Wagner and Knighthead have purchased land at the former Wheels Park as they take their first steps towards a new stadium for Birmingham City

That AI mock-up takes up the whole site .... if we are having a 50 acre plus sized pitch and stadium the players are going to be a bit knackerd by half-time and you could fit nearly 700,000 people inside