If you build it they will come
12:57, Wed 27 Mar
I hope so, cause there’s nothing worse than having a nice shiny new stadium that’s half empty.
12:59, Wed 27 Mar
St Andrews will have served well over 100 years so will the next pointless unless you think big. Who knows what the future holds. This City has a massive catchment area.

In the meantime the proposed stadium can be used for all sorts of events and be a flagship for the city.

Look beyond the football for the time being, although I’m confident with better access, better parking and the correct prices much can be done to improve on the current whatever.

Results are also massive, it’s been pretty crap for over ten years that won’t last.
We will be much more likely to attract a major partner if we are in the premier league.
Bluenose27
It’s a great move and very positive, as it shows the owners intentions that they are here for the long haul. However, the issue of filling it does remain, as people are hardly wrong when they say we can’t fill 25k regularly, and we only sold the Sunderland game out cause the owners begged us.

I think the owners are planning on us not still circling the drain in the Championship in 5+ years time.
Birmingham City are thought to have agreed a deal to buy land in Bordesley Green for a new stadium

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Re: Super stadium

14:13, Wed 27 Mar
Snoop
Bluenose27
It’s a great move and very positive, as it shows the owners intentions that they are here for the long haul. However, the issue of filling it does remain, as people are hardly wrong when they say we can’t fill 25k regularly, and we only sold the Sunderland game out cause the owners begged us.

I think the owners are planning on us not still circling the drain in the Championship in 5+ years time.

West Ham fill their ground easily enough, a lot of it is to do with the pricing, although being Premier League is also helpful.
15:31, Wed 27 Mar
The people that question this move, are the reason we have been shite for the past 100 years. It's so negative. If we have a 30,000 seater stadium, we will be bang average for the rest of our existence. We will never compete.

I want to see Blues fighting for a place on the top 6 every season, I want to see a Blues Villa FA cup final.

Lets make this happen. KRO
16:13, Wed 27 Mar
The people investing sadly don't understand this club. We don't have the fan base to sell out this stadium and it'll be embarrassing on the TV having a 20,000 crowd in a large stadium.

Sorry to dampen the mood but just my opinion.
16:14, Wed 27 Mar
You took the time to register an account on a rivals forum and then started with that

Must try harder, Tony!
Happy Clapper
Tam
16:15, Wed 27 Mar
Le Mod
You took the time to register an account on a rivals forum and then started with that

Must try harder, Tony!

Lol, my thoughts exactly.
Make Blues Great Again
16:19, Wed 27 Mar
You're wrong Le Mod, I've been watching Blues for years and I hope and pray that these owners can pull off their plans. The best we have done recently with crowds was the Bruce era around 2002, but a few bad results and crowds soon dropped.

I am just older, warier and more cynical than most I guess. Nice things don't happen to us.
16:31, Wed 27 Mar
Tony H
You're wrong Le Mod, I've been watching Blues for years and I hope and pray that these owners can pull off their plans. The best we have done recently with crowds was the Bruce era around 2002, but a few bad results and crowds soon dropped.

I am just older, warier and more cynical than most I guess. Nice things don't happen to us.

Gonna be nice here and assume you’re not on the windup.

In all seriousness, you along with many other Blues fans are gonna need to shed that attitude - it’s not gonna help us in the future.
Tam
16:33, Wed 27 Mar
Well, we have had nice things. These owners and their ambitions for the club, for example. I don't expect that they'll be too upset by the band of negative, small-minded fans that we have. I expect that they'll want to look past them and look towards a positive and successful future, an attitude which has made them successful and which sets them apart from the constant bloody moaners and miserable gits who can't (and perhaps don't even want to) envisage thew club being a future success.
Make Blues Great Again
16:37, Wed 27 Mar
Le Mod

Must try harder, Tony!

Doh - I was taken in on another of his posts 🤦‍♀️