Re: Super stadium

16:37, Wed 27 Mar
You're wrong Le Mod, I've been watching Blues for years and I hope and pray that these owners can pull off their plans. The best we have done recently with crowds was the Bruce era around 2002, but a few bad results and crowds soon dropped.

I am just older, warier and more cynical than most I guess. Nice things don't happen to us.

"I hope and pray that these owners can pull off their plans."

No you don't .... you just said you don't want them to even try because it will be embarrassing and that they don't understand the club.

(PS ... admitting that you prey to a mythical non-existent being living somewhere high in the sky isn't going to add much validity to your argument)
The news broke via BirminghamLive on Tuesday night that Knighthead have purchased the old Wheels site as plans for a new Birmingham City stadium accelerate

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tony H
You're wrong Le Mod, I've been watching Blues for years and I hope and pray that these owners can pull off their plans. The best we have done recently with crowds was the Bruce era around 2002, but a few bad results and crowds soon dropped.

I am just older, warier and more cynical than most I guess. Nice things don't happen to us.

Gonna be nice here and assume you’re not on the windup.

In all seriousness, you along with many other Blues fans are gonna need to shed that attitude - it’s not gonna help us in the future.

this is the time to think big, dream of what might be...aspire to something

Tony isnt alone, there a lots out there who seem to be more than comfortable and safe and secure with blues being shit, its what they are comfortable with

change is difficult for some people, its about outlook i guess..its sad some people wont let themselves or arent able to enjoy the journey

it will be a let of a lot more fun than the destination thats for sure
16:52, Wed 27 Mar
Tony H

In all seriousness, you along with many other Blues fans are gonna need to shed that attitude - it’s not gonna help us in the future.

Tony isnt alone, there a lots out there who seem to be more than comfortable and safe and secure with blues being shit, its what they are comfortable with

change is difficult for some people, its about outlook i guess..its sad some people wont let themselves or arent able to enjoy the journey

I wouldn’t worry about fans like this. They will be replaced with people who enjoy success and look forward to more.

They’ll realise when they can’t get tickets for premier league matches in our massive stadium, and they’ll moan about it on here, but the club doesn’t need these people nor should they even bother trying to “encourage them back”, as some people seem to bang on about.
17:05, Wed 27 Mar
Snoop
Bluenose27
It’s a great move and very positive, as it shows the owners intentions that they are here for the long haul. However, the issue of filling it does remain, as people are hardly wrong when they say we can’t fill 25k regularly, and we only sold the Sunderland game out cause the owners begged us.

I think the owners are planning on us not still circling the drain in the Championship in 5+ years time.

West Ham fill their ground easily enough, a lot of it is to do with the pricing, although being Premier League is also helpful.

West Ham also have the luxury of the passing London tourist trade.
17:17, Wed 27 Mar
Well something good happens and it always seems to go wrong. League cup followed by relegation, new ambitious owners followed by footballing suicide.

I do worry that a huge stadium will look ridiculous for a club that averages a 20000 gate, surely that's a valid concern.

Will the local community buy in? How do we reach further afield when the "Big 6" have it all tied up?
17:17, Wed 27 Mar
Snoop
Bluenose27
It’s a great move and very positive, as it shows the owners intentions that they are here for the long haul. However, the issue of filling it does remain, as people are hardly wrong when they say we can’t fill 25k regularly, and we only sold the Sunderland game out cause the owners begged us.

I think the owners are planning on us not still circling the drain in the Championship in 5+ years time.

West Ham fill their ground easily enough, a lot of it is to do with the pricing, although being Premier League is also helpful.

West Ham also have the luxury of the passing London tourist trade.

People don’t realise the PL is nothing like it was the last time we were in it. I’ve said it several times on here that even being in that league will add 15k to the gate every watch if we can fit them in. People don’t think twice about travelling for football nowadays. HS2 will only bring Brum closer to London.

Doesn’t matter where in the country it is having the best players in the world at your stadium week in week out will sell it out more often than not.
17:20, Wed 27 Mar
Yep, the Prem has grown exponentially since we were last there, at sensible pricing, in a really impressive stadium in the middle of the country with lots to see and do around it, you'll have loads and loads of tourists at each league match.
Happy Clapper
17:23, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Tony H

I wouldn’t worry about fans like this. They will be replaced with people who enjoy success and look forward to more.

They’ll realise when they can’t get tickets for premier league matches in our massive stadium, and they’ll moan about it on here, but the club doesn’t need these people nor should they even bother trying to “encourage them back”, as some people seem to bang on about.

Just because there are some of us who don't think we will be selling out 60k seats in our massive stadium in the prem and fighting over tickets doesn't mean we need replacing.

If anyone needs replacing it's the absolute idiots who consistently think losing every week but trying to pass the ball round the back is progress.

The people who backed rooney for so long should be the first ones told to go find a new sport where results don't matter.
17:26, Wed 27 Mar
I never said that people like that NEED to be replaced, I said that they WILL be replaced. It’ll happen whether I (or they) want it to or not.
17:31, Wed 27 Mar
Le Mod
Yep, the Prem has grown exponentially since we were last there, at sensible pricing, in a really impressive stadium in the middle of the country with lots to see and do around it, you'll have loads and loads of tourists at each league match.

I'm not taking the piss but does birmingham attract that many tourists?

Granted premier league games get a few fans who go too see the man city n liverpool players etc but i think you are overestimating the pull of the city rather than the club itself.
17:33, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
I never said that people like that NEED to be replaced, I said that they WILL be replaced. It’ll happen whether I (or they) want it to or not.

But that makes no sense. You are talking about a decent portion of our fanbase being replaced because they don't think we can get 60k fans. We currently get low 20's and now some will be replaced.

Throw in villa, wolves and west brom and i'd love to know where you think we are getting these people to replace our fans.

You don't build support by replacing core support.
17:42, Wed 27 Mar
Waggeh
Potentially the biggest news in the club's history and all some of our fans can concern themselves with is what the neighbours think 🤦🏻‍♂️

This, all day. FFS.
Up the feckin Blues
17:43, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

But that makes no sense. You are talking about a decent portion of our fanbase being replaced because they don't think we can get 60k fans. We currently get low 20's and now some will be replaced.

Throw in villa, wolves and west brom and i'd love to know where you think we are getting these people to replace our fans.

You don't build support by replacing core support.

The people who will be replaced don’t even bother coming to many games now.

Have a look at every PL ground now, full, every week, no matter whether they’re in Burnley or London. Not sure why you think Brum would be any different.
17:45, Wed 27 Mar
Le Mod

I'm not taking the piss but does birmingham attract that many tourists?

Granted premier league games get a few fans who go too see the man city n liverpool players etc but i think you are overestimating the pull of the city rather than the club itself.

Does Burnley? Newcastle? Nottingham?

Doesn’t matter where they are, if the club is in the PL the ground will sell out. We live in a small, easy to get around country with an airport every 50 miles.